Claudia Ranieri | United Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Is he even on the radar?

Is he just too much of a gamble/too old? The man who has brought a team to play the way they do, with that attitude and belief.

While not pulling up any trees he's managed something like 15 top clubs including juve, inter, atleti, valencia, chelsea....

He's %win rate isn't too shoddy in his later teams.

Would he be a fit at United, or is he just riding the fortunes of the fruits of his predesessors at Leicester and after this year we won't see anything more of him?
He's been sacked 5 times in the last 10-12 years.

Stacks

I was wondering why we didn't have this thread the other day. He's an experienced manager and has done well in most of his jobs I just think he's simply too old for us.

You certainly don't deserve mock for the thread though. Should dig up the martinez thread and see which idiots wanted that fraud.
He's been sacked 5 times in the last 10-12 years.

Loublaze

ATLien
In the premier league sure. Clough did it beforehand, and Kaiserslautern did it in the Bundesliga in the late 90s. But I take your point, it's certainly a rare accolade. I'm not sure it makes up for X amount of average-ness however, and certainly doesn't put him in the frame for the United job imo.
I suppose you'd say the same about Pochettino

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I suppose you'd say the same about Pochettino
I'd take Poch over Ranieri purely because of what he's done in this league at two clubs running. My ideal United candidate would be a winner though, with many more trophies than either of them. If it was Mourinho vs Pochettino, I'd be firmly in favour of Jose.

Loublaze

ATLien
I'd take Poch over Ranieri purely because of what he's done in this league at two clubs running. My ideal United candidate would be a winner though, with many more trophies than either of them. If it was Mourinho vs Pochettino, I'd be firmly in favour of Jose.
Pochettino has done nothing to warrant a move to a big club by your reasoning, so its kinda weird that you'd take him at United.

2 man midfield

Pochettino has done nothing to warrant a move to a big club by your reasoning, so its kinda weird that you'd take him at United.
Never said i'd take him at United. Just said i'd prefer him over Ranieri. Personally, i don't think he has done enough.

I'm looking at their histories in context. Ranieri was considered a bit of a joke before this season, sacked by Greece after defeat to the Faroe Islands. He has a habit of wandering from club to club without doing much, and is also in his mid-sixties. Pochettino's reputation continues to rise, and after his excellent work at Southampton, he's taken the laughing stock of the upper Premier League and made them serious title contenders. It's still Jose all the way for me, as i said, a winner. Trophies above all else.

stepic

He's an average manager imo. One good job out of 10 doesn't really change that. Besides, he's 64.
Average lol

Average managers don't win the premier league with a team barely out of a relegation scrap

He's clearly a really good manager. He isn't right for united of course but let's not downplay who he is and what he is about to achieve. If he's average then the majority of managers in the world are diabolical

Spock

Ranieri has earned our respect, but let's not getting carried away.

markorm

I'm not proposing he be shuffled into management. I was just posing the question of wether he was on the clubs radar, in your views. Jesus Christ, why is this so difficult.

He has had a long career and managed some of Europes elite clubs and now is topping the table in England and apart from a shit international post has had his win rate up at or around the 50% or higher mark in the last couple of clubs.

He's certainly achieved a lot more than moyes and as for sackings.... What manager nowadays isn't sacked? Van Gaal was sacked from his last club post,.... feck me mourinho has been sacked from his last two jobs and has a court case hanging over him for discrimination on top of trying to get the team relegated, but what the feck, we're looking at employing him!

And yes I misspelled the name and put an 'a' instead of an 'o' ~ (I'm typing on my phone) but do please be seven years old again and take the piss, or maybe my casual use of the vertical bar '|' in the header. This is in UNIX is called a Bang or programming a pipe whereby you pass one argument to the next. My use was to shorten the title as on my phone most of the titles are obscured by the limited screen and as unaware of your thread naming policies, as I appear to be, have made a very grim error, you piss ant fecks.

Please Nial lock this thread, delete my profile and I hope you all have a nice time bullying each other.

Cnuts.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Average lol

Average managers don't win the premier league with a team barely out of a relegation scrap

He's clearly a really good manager. He isn't right for united of course but let's not downplay who he is and what he is about to achieve. If he's average then the majority of managers in the world are diabolical
Exactly. perfectly put.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
God no.

Far play to Leicester this year, but let's not pretend this year is anything other than exceptional circumstances.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The thread title is back! Result. :cool:

2 man midfield

h

He had more than one good job out of ten, he is more than an average manager, a very good manager.
Average lol

Not sure, i still don't buy it.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Get Claudio Ranieri as interim manager till the end of the season.

Watford is going to get relegated anyways and he'll be out of a job next year, so he'll jump at the opportunity.

And he's PL proven and won the damn thing.

Skills

Snitch
You can't get anyone in a job without paying compensation. And its always stupid to pay compensation for managers, because generally they're worth nothing. Its even more stupid to pay compensation for an interim.

Oranges038

Get Claudio Ranieri as interim manager till the end of the season.

Watford is going to get relegated anyways and he'll be out of a job next year, so he'll jump at the opportunity.

And he's PL proven and won the damn thing.
He'll probably be free again in 3 months..

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
You can't get anyone in a job without paying compensation. And its always stupid to pay compensation for managers, because generally they're worth nothing. Its even more stupid to pay compensation for an interim.
Managers make the club win titles. Without a competent manager no team can win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.