Claudio Bravo

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
From when Bravo (was about to be, or) signed for City.

"Claudio is a fantastic goalkeeper and an excellent addition to our squad.

"He has experience and great leadership qualities and is in the prime of his life. He is a goalkeeper I have admired for a number of years and I'm really happy he is now a City player."
Pep Guardiola has passionately explained why it is so important that his goalkeepers are good with their feet as he prepares to bring Claudio Bravo to the Etihad Stadium.

Guardiola admitted on Tuesday that a deal to sign Bravo for Barcelona is close, although he would not comment further until the transfer is finalised.

But he did explain, at length, why Hart is struggling to break into his line-up and why a goalkeeper's ability in possession is so important to his style of play.
From when Barca signed him.

The men behind his signing at the Camp Nou were the assistant coach Juan Carlos Unzué and Andoni Zubizarreta, the sporting director. Both had been goalkeepers there under Cruyff, team-mates of Guardiola. “He has character, a good relationship with the defence, good one on one, and excellent with his feet. And for me that is a key element,” Zubizarreta said. Excellent with his feet? Well, he had scored a free-kick for Real Sociedad, against Numancia. “I know I am going to have to participate not just as a goalkeeper but also as a centre-back,” Bravo said.
To be fair, on the last point, he was about as good on the ball as City’s CBs tonight.

lysglimt

Scout
City and Liverpool's hope of winning the League could easily be destroyed by highly mediocre goalkeepers. We have de Gea, Arsenal with Cech, Chelsea with Courtois and Spurs with Lloris....and then you have Bravo and Karius. The first 4 look extremely solid - the latter 2 look to be in over their heads.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
City and Liverpool's hope of winning the League could easily be destroyed by highly mediocre goalkeepers. We have de Gea, Arsenal with Cech, Chelsea with Courtois and Spurs with Lloris....and then you have Bravo and Karius. The first 4 look extremely solid - the latter 2 look to be in over their heads.
Agreed and yet keepers are still undervalued in the market.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That was a brain snap of the highest order from Bravo. There was no need for him to rush out like that.

izec

Escaped somehow a lot of criticism this season so far, but he looks bang average. Today he saved feck all. It is not even the high balls, he looks shit on the line too and his ball playing skills are overrated. Willy looks a better keeper for City.

Enigma_87

You know who
Escaped somehow a lot of criticism this season so far, but he looks bang average. Today he saved feck all. It is not even the high balls, he looks shit on the line too and his ball playing skills are overrated. Willy looks a better keeper for City.
Below average for me. He's been lucky enough some of his antics didn't cost City even more points.

cyberman

He just seems to fall down for every save he makes. Anything low to either side of him and he struggles

Ban

I'm repeating myself but I just remembered again there was a guy who claimed he's better than DDG.

cyberman

I'm repeating myself but I just remembered again there was a guy who claimed he's better than DDG.
He said 'There are those in Spain' so he had an out if it went tits up

rooney1905

His angles were terrible for Willian's goal. The far side of the goal was huge from the camera angle i was watching from. He has some quality assets in terms of being an extra man for the defense to use but in terms of shot stopping he leaves a lot to be desired.

Enigma_87

You know who
His angles were terrible for Willian's goal. The far side of the goal was huge from the camera angle i was watching from. He has some quality assets in terms of being an extra man for the defense to use but in terms of shot stopping he leaves a lot to be desired.
when you are coming outside your line, you should make yourself look bigger. Not rooted to the spot. He was terrible at 1v1 today just standing there like an oaf.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should have made an attempt for Willians effort .. Amateurish

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Basically a ball playing lamp post.

C3Pique

Willian's goal was within 2 feet of him and he didn't move. The only dive he did was out of the way of Hazard's goal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
How is he not getting pelters from every corner of the media for not being fit for the Premier League like De Gea got? He doesn't even make up for his shortcomings by being a good shot stopper like De Gea did in his very early days. Apart from being a decent passer (when he's not being closed down), he's not got much going for him.

Joe Hart's goal kicks and clearances might always sail in to the stands, but he'd be doing a much better job than Bravo right now, IMO.

Unmutual

Commentators on sky gave him an easy ride there, that was awful goalkeeping by Bravo. He didn't dive for that Willian goal even though it was only a foot or so away from him. Whether that's because his reactions are slow, or because he got his feet all wrong and couldn't adjust, that was shit keeping.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Should have done much better on the first 2 goals. Clownio.

LazyBones

He wears a goalkeepers jersey so I guess he is a goalkeeper, I'm still not 100% sure though. :wenger:

SomeRandomPerson

when you are coming outside your line, you should make yourself look bigger. Not rooted to the spot. He was terrible at 1v1 today just standing there like an oaf.
Agreed.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I also feel both him and Otamendi could've done much better for the first goal too. Both of them had shockers today.

Sylar

Thought he could have done better for the last goal when Hazard takes that touch to take him away from Kolorov. He kinda stands, then falls so quickly without making himself big. thought he would close the space and make Hazard at least do something more.

prath92

Hart for all his passing inabilities is pretty good when it comes to making himself look big and shot stopping

Ainu

He's poor at actual goalkeeping and I haven't seen anything special about him with the ball at his feet. Even if he had the ball playing skills of Beckenbauer, what use is it when he's shit at keeping the ball from going into the net? At least Hart made some match saving stops once in a while to make up for his gaffes.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Felt like he was one of those guys who was put in goal by his friends in a kick about, and didn’t want to dive ’cause his elbows would hurt.

PeteManic

Nothing special at all. Still better than Hart but doesn't inspire course confidence. And he's 35 FFS!

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Joe Hart is quite blatantly a better keeper. It was quite obvious. As someone put it when Bravo signed, the the ball playing GK bollocks is just a fad.

MUFC07

Joe Hart is quite blatantly a better keeper. It was quite obvious. As someone put it when Bravo signed, the the ball playing GK bollocks is just a fad.
Bravo is one of the most popular players in Chile and Alexis was already stealing all Prem sales in the country. They HAD to do something about it. There's a big difference on how many shirts Hart sales and how many Bravo sales. No surprise.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Bravo is one of the most popular players in Chile and Alexis was already stealing all Prem sales in the country. They HAD to do something about it. There's a big difference on how many shirts Hart sales and how many Bravo sales. No surprise.
I don't think a top4 PL team base their choice of keeper on how many shirts they will sell in Chile of all places. Pep the hipster just wanted someone more ball playing than Hart, since Hart to be fair is awful with his feet. Too bad that their new gk can't actually goalkeep though, just like their new ball playing CB can't defend.

MUFC07

I don't think a top4 PL team base their choice of keeper on how many shirts they will sell in Chile of all places. Pep the hipster just wanted someone more ball playing than Hart, since Hart to be fair is awful with his feet. Too bad that their new gk can't actually goalkeep though, just like their new ball playing CB can't defend.
Well it's certainly better than Hart, even in that aspect.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This guy doesn't save anything. Its actually shocking how no matter where the shot is, he doesn't even get close to the shots. Shocking goalkeeper

cyberman

He just seems to fall down in the general direction of the ball rather than diving to save it.
If he was on the take and throwing matches he couldn't make it more believable that he was letting them in.