Claudio Bravo

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Pep has to get a new goaly or bring back Hart. Biggest blunder of his career so far.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I read on bluemoon that bravo has conceded 12 of the last 19 shots on his goal.

He's terrible.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The age of short-arsed goalies is over. 6'3" or above only.
Not sure if that's quite true. He's not conceding goals because he's short. He's conceding goals because he is shite. That Lookman goal went through his legs.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's shite but I think that 13 goals from 19 shots is slightly disingenuous. Most of the shots City face are clear cut chances.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Hart was the better keeper. Absolutely baffling that so many bought into the whole ball playing keeper crap on this forum.

Irrational.

Sending Hart on loan and buying this guy because he can allegedly gives a cracking footjob was a masterstroke.

Well done Pep. Genius. :lol:

NinjaFletch

Hart was the better keeper. Absolutely baffling that so many bought into the whole ball playing keeper crap on this forum.
I still buy it.

The problem is that they need to be a ball playing keeper and not a ball playing fecking useless waste of space.

El Zoido

Hart is better but still not good enough. People bought in to City needing a better goalkeeper, not that he needed to be particularly good with his feet.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I still buy it.

The problem is that they need to be a ball playing keeper and not a ball playing fecking useless waste of space.
Well, yeah that's the point. You buy a good keeper first and foremost. Then look at whether he can kick a ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We need rid of him, he's too small and soft. He's now afraid to come for the ball with his confidence rattled and he's too old to adapt and learn. Caballero has to play v Spurs or Kane will torment him.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Well, yeah that's the point. You buy a good keeper first and foremost. Then look at whether he can kick a ball.
This is the one thing I put on Pep, he completely underestimated the physicality of the premier league. I agree with him the league "on the pitch" is not played at the breakneck speed of Germany but he completely underestimated the sheer strength and power of teams.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He just looks tiny. Hard to make saves with T-Rex arms and Hobbit legs. Bilbo Bravo is shit.
Hmmm. Good point. He doesn't look the bit. Seems to lack the personality as well. He looks terrified and unsure of himself most of the time.

Djemba-Djemba

He just does nothing. I can't remember him making a save all season.

Of all the mistakes Pep has made so far this season replacing Hart with Bravo has to be the absolute worst.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'm told he's good with his feet. Sweeper keeper and all that. :p

Aboutreika18

The age of short-arsed goalies is over. 6'3" or above only.
I think it was @Gio who made the point that smaller, more agile keepers tend to fall off a peak when they get older because they lose that agility and don't have the large frame to make up for it.

We saw that with Barthez here and Casillas in recent seasons.

Minimalist

The decision to drop Hart was fine. He's been lucky to remain for a few seasons. We're being a bit forgetful if we pretend Hart didn't have an issue of 'leaking' goals.

The decision to replace him with a keeper I genuinely can't remember hearing much about (i.e. that he was a great keeper) is definitely up for debate. Right from the off, he just seems erratic with every decision he makes.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I think it was @Gio who made the point that smaller, more agile keepers tend to fall off a peak when they get older because they lose that agility and don't have the large frame to make up for it.

We saw that with Barthez here and Casillas in recent seasons.
In fairness I think I stole it from peterstorey, but it's one that's stood the test of time.

FahadiHossein

No one is talking about Caballero?

I thought Pep should give him a few PL games.

He is decent and good with his feet too.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Hart for all his passing inabilities is pretty good when it comes to making himself look big and shot stopping
Hart is much bigger than Bravo to begin with. 6'5 instead of just 6'0

Buying a 33 year old 6 foot goalkeeper was always going to be a huge mistake. Not every keeper can age like VdSar or Buffon. Short goalkeepers like Casillas, Barthez, Valdes and Bravo tend to decline very rapidly once the reflexes are gone.

SirScholes

He makes fundamental errors that a rookie should know.
I very briefly coached keepers, what makes de gea such a beast and neuer etc is their ability to do the simple things uncommonly well.

Just as the striker is about to take the strike your feet should be on the ground, so if you are moving across your goal where ever you may be you need to stop and prepare to dive.
If you look at lukakus goal bravo was still shifting across goal as the ball is struck by the time his feet were down to change direction the ball was already on it's way in.

De Gea doesn't do that, he accepts his posistion and is then able to either change direction or jump high, low, whatever.
Same goes for one on ones at close range, Our Dave does like a narrow lunge and cuts of the nut meg, its simple stuff but it helps the team.

Bravo is just a bit meh at goal keeping

Jacko21

Word on the grapevine is that Hart was caught up in gambling trouble (whilst in Manchester) and that the club felt he'd be better served away from the city - for his own sake.

Either way, made Pep's decision to replace him easier. Though he'd sooner of had Ter Stegen, Bravo was very much second choice.

Jaybomb

To be fair, the defenders infront of him are shocking.

Imagine going from Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba to Zabaleta, Stones, Otamendi and Kolarov. Stones is a complete liability. But no one in the media is mentioning how bad of a signing hes been. They just wanna talk about how Pep kicked their English darling out for Bravo.

By the way, Hart was shocking in the Euros. Let all 5 shots on target in. I couldn't even have done any worse than that. The worst I could do was let all 5 in...

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
To be fair, the defenders infront of him are shocking.

Imagine going from Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba to Zabaleta, Stones, Otamendi and Kolarov. Stones is a complete liability. But no one in the media is mentioning how bad of a signing hes been. They just wanna talk about how Pep kicked their English darling out for Bravo.

By the way, Hart was shocking in the Euros. Let all 5 shots on target in. I couldn't even have done any worse than that. The worst I could do was let all 5 in...
Nah, you can do worse. With simple backpasses.