Claudio Bravo

Macern

Pee pee pants
It's not just against us he's going to get bullied. It reminds me so much of De Gea when he first came to the PL. Bravo's problem is that he's 6 feet tall and physically weak. Every single team in the league is going to put a lot of pressure on him.

I think it's a big mistake by Guardiola to sign him, and that he'll cost City a lot of points. He should have gone for someone like Reina instead if he values goalkeepers ability with their feet so highly.

Cityfaninpeace

Supports
Man City
Poor debut but he's a class keeper. Agree about potentially bullying in the prem. He will be a real asset in the CL though.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I really like his footballing style, but ultimately he needed to be taller and/or stronger. Whenever he jumped for the ball I expected a gust of wind to carry him into the crowd.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I never watched him in La Liga but for someone who was lauded for being a goalkeeper who's good with the ball his distribution and dribbling was naff.

izec

Curious to see how he develops. So far, he looked terrible. I expect him to steady the ship though, he will eventually learn how to cope with crosses and standard situations. Also needs to release the ball quicker and not dither and play around.

Enigma_87

You know who
All over the place today. He's lucky to concede just 1 goal. He'll flap a fair few crosses this season. All things considered I don't think he'll be an upgrade on Hart this season. He'll have trouble adjusting to the league.

Every team in the league is going to be firing in crosses against him now. Just like DDG a few years ago.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Likes of West Ham, Palace etc with Carroll, Benteke battering ram types will love him, they'll just pummel the box with crosses all day long to test him.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The problem he has is City are a very small team at the moment. Toure's seemingly in the wilderness, Kompany can never stay fit, Fernando doesn't fit what Guardiola wants from a midfielder so they only really have Otamendi. Stones will never be that authoritative in the air and they midfield and attack are all midgets. So while he can take the Joe Hart approach of never leaving his line, it'll only result in their lack of height being capitalised on. Not much he can do about that though.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not sure why he's trying to take players on in his own penalty area. There's building from the back, and then there's putting the ball into safety. A centre back wouldn't do that, why on earth would a goalkeeper? I understand Pep wants a passer from the back, but that ridiculously heavy touch to take the ball past Herrera was stupid, and it should have resulted in a penalty.

His short passing was decent, but short passing is the absolute bare minimum attribute to be a footballer in any position at any level. I don't doubt Hart could have made any of those passes he made in the first half under no pressure. His longer passing went into touch or to a United player every time.

He was fortunate to get the foul when Pogba put his hands on him. There was contact, but it was soft as feck, and it was still enough to make him flap. He's going to have to toughen up at set pieces, because he won't always get those calls.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He was dodgy but he will get better.

Much like Mkhitaryan for us.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
One of the world's top 5 keepers imo - but you wouldn't have never known if today was the first time you saw him play.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Not sure why he's trying to take players on in his own penalty area. There's building from the back, and then there's putting the ball into safety. A centre back wouldn't do that, why on earth would a goalkeeper? I understand Pep wants a passer from the back, but that ridiculously heavy touch to take the ball past Herrera was stupid, and it should have resulted in a penalty.

His short passing was decent, but short passing is the absolute bare minimum attribute to be a footballer in any position at any level. I don't doubt Hart could have made any of those passes he made in the first half under no pressure. His longer passing went into touch or to a United player every time.

He was fortunate to get the foul when Pogba put his hands on him. There was contact, but it was soft as feck, and it was still enough to make him flap. He's going to have to toughen up at set pieces, because he won't always get those calls.
Short passing in that position is 10x harder than long passing and Hart repeatedly showed he was incapable of picking the right pass, playing it at the right pace, and giving his team-mate it in a way that allowed them to build-up from the back effectively. What Bravo did takes a great deal of confidence and skill which is far beyond Hart's abilities.

Trying to dribble past players was just stupid but it's the result of a systematic flaw. Bravo is used to playing with 4 defenders and 1 midfielder who made themselves available for the short pass in the right positions at all times. The City players don't do that yet. They come short but they're a long way away from knowing where to be in all situations to create the angles to goalkeeper needs to play it out from the back to the extreme levels Guardiola wants.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
His first game in English football, having had a knock and missed all but the last two training sessions since he signed for City, and at Old Trafford. It was hardly the best welcome to the Premier League he could have hoped for. He looked more like a kid desperate to impress, there was no need to come for the cross and he made a few silly errors. I actually thought his worst moment was when Mkhitaryan was offside and took him on, Bravo seemed very slow to react. Still, I saw enough in his confidence on the ball and passing ability to think he will be a good signing once he settles in.

prath92

Frankly de gea seems just as good on the ball. Not sure why he is lauded as the best sweeper keeper around

Winrar

he had a poor debut and if he wasn't lucky, that silly move and the following tackle could've cost him and his team dearly.

he's a good goalkeeper though and it's his first game for the new club and in the new league so I'll cut him some slack for now, will be watching how he adjusts to the league.

Natener

It's not just against us he's going to get bullied. It reminds me so much of De Gea when he first came to the PL. Bravo's problem is that he's 6 feet tall and physically weak. Every single team in the league is going to put a lot of pressure on him.

I think it's a big mistake by Guardiola to sign him, and that he'll cost City a lot of points. He should have gone for someone like Reina instead if he values goalkeepers ability with their feet so highly.
Hugely dependent on teams being able put pressure on City for that to happen. He looked out of sorts today because we really started pushing at City after Zlatan's goal. I consider our team even with the result and display today to be fairly close to City's quality. Most other teams won't be able to get at Bravo as much as we did today, especially as the season goes on.

Butty19

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get chipped from long range at some point, he is miles off his line at times.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I always mistrust keepers with short sleeves.

He looked an absolute clown. Dropped an easy ball for Ibra to fire in, almost got in a right pickle to allow Ibra a second, a horrendous touch and then getting away with that studs up slide on Rooney!

Just for starters!

Dominos

I hope the refs give him the De Gea treatment whereby teams were allowed to blatantly foul him and get away with it because "the kid needs to be stronger there".

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
De Gea made mistakes on his debut in the exact same fixture.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I really really enjoyed jeering his every touch today and it only made him flap more and more. Shambolic performance and a real shame we couldn't test him more. He was there ready to be bent over.

Count Orduck

Such a shame we couldn't punish his ineptitude today. He was an absolute disaster and yet our shambolic attacking performance allowed him to come away relatively unscathed.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Pep sacrificed aerial prowess for passing at the back. This performance didn't surprise me one bit.

Skills

Snitch
Reminded me of Valdes' debut 10 min cameo. This lasted a full game though

Sylar

Given they will control most of the games this season, I think hes just what they needs esp compared to somebody like Hart.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What people aren't realising is he was one of the major reasons we dominated the first 40 minutes coming forward and giving Stones and Otamendi another passing option. He lost his head a bit after the clanger and was ropey afterwards but for those 40 minutes he showed exactly why we bought him and what he was bringing to the team. He needs to learn about the prem fast though. Bournemouth will pepper our box with high balls next week and he'll really have to step up.

Macern

Pee pee pants
One of the world's top 5 keepers imo - but you wouldn't have never known if today was the first time you saw him play.
Neuer, De Gea, Courtois, Handanovic, Buffon, Lloris are all clearly better than him imo. Maybe Cech too.

What people aren't realising is he was one of the major reasons we dominated the first 40 minutes coming forward and giving Stones and Otamendi another passing option. He lost his head a bit after the clanger and was ropey afterwards but for those 40 minutes he showed exactly why we bought him and what he was bringing to the team. He needs to learn about the prem fast though. Bournemouth will pepper our box with high balls next week and he'll really have to step up.
This is a massive overstatement. He did not have such an impact.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He is a very good keeper (way better than Hart), who had a bad game and lost his confidence after the first big mistake. He won´t cost them any points over the course of the season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Neuer, De Gea, Courtois, Handanovic, Buffon, Lloris are all clearly better than him imo. Maybe Cech too.

This is a massive overstatement. He did not have such an impact.
Its all subjective. Bravo's name definitely belongs among the top keepers in the world.