Jan Breydel Stadium

Kick-off
Thu, 20 February 2020 @ 5:55pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Not sure sure if Williams is tired from Monday but he's been awful, even without the goal, and did we really expect to have any kind of control with Pereira, Mata and Lingard pulling the strings in the middle?

Maguire, Martial and to some extent Matic showing they're above this level. They have way more time on the ball than anybody else.

Lee565

Honestly ighalo cant be any worse than coming on for lingard, I cant see the argument for lingard even starting another match this season and he better not be here come the next season

hobbers

Worth pointing out to all the people moaning about the lineup that we have 7 games in 21 days and we are all acknowledging Bruge are not PL standard. If Ole can't rotate for this game when can he? If he did play Fred and Bruno here and then they limp out of the game at Watford on Sunday he would be crucified for playing them 3 times in 6 days just like he was with Rashford. I know logic is frowned upon in the matchday thread but some of the comments are fecking ridiculous.
    The return fixture at Old Trafford when we're carrying a dominant lead having picked a good eleven today with some actual momentum, obviously.

DoomSlayer

I also think that Maguire should be stepping into midfield and leave Shaw, plus Lindelof, to deal with the counters. He just gets exposed with those ball over the top.

Alabaster Codify7

P
    Yeah one game but lets not pretend what we are seeing its acceptable. They are low table premier league quality at best, and we are getting outrun here.
    This sort of thinking disgusts me dude, not yours the other guy. Should we consider Norwich a threat? They beat City. No we fecking shouldn't.

That's how midtable teams think.

Everyone is a threat.....if you're good you annihilate the threat. So it isn't a hard earned result, it becomes the norm. Like SAF bled into us.

United Hobbit

Was hoping to see Lingard and or Pereira coming out with coats on and Ole having made a change

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
    This is disgraceful. Only watching after the result at Chelsea but it looks like this lot think that will carry them through the rest of the season. It’s that bad that Martial actually looks like our best player. Williams looks like he’s been out on the p**s and McGuire doesn’t look much better. For the first time since Ole got the job I am actually starting to think he perhaps is not the right guy for the job.
    The fun part is that we weren't good against Chelsea but scored our two only chances and were lucky in some decisions and we had Batshuayi on our side.
    And Martial is excellent striker. He would be banging goals in attacking team which ...you know, actually creating chances

Mike Smalling

Hope to see Ighalo relatively soon. I'm sure he could do well in a game like this. Martial should be taken off at some point, as well. Need him for Sunday.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    I’d take a 1-1, with a weakened team in a tough away European fixture. We’ll have definitely played this smartly if we can avoid defeat. We need the rotation, simple as.

darko

We haven't got going at all. Been second best and lucky we were gifted that chance for Martial's goal. Though he still did well to finish the it off. Tbf they're goal was a bit of a gift. Combination of the defence not being switched on enough and poor positioning from Romero. Our passing has been shocking. I'm sure the pitch hasn't helped but you can't blame it it all on that.

I hate to say it as he's a youngster and I usually cut them more slack, but Williams really hasn't been good in that half.
    Both goals were gifts.

90 + 5min

More 65mn or so, don't think Igdaho can be subbed in HT. Otherwise he would miss the half time talk to warm up, etc... no?
    We need to wrap Martial in cotton wool. Injury there and we would be in trouble now when Rashford is out.
    1-1 is great result and no need for us to go all in, trying to win. So as soon as possible I would like to see Ighalo.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
    Wtf is this? Surely they'd know during the 15 minute break if he was fit to continue or not?

MrBest

Someone please remind me how Chong and Gomes are not better than Andreas and Lingard?

klayton88

Lingard get back to what form Robbie? Making him out to be Pele. Stfu.

Gasolin

Honestly ighalo cant be any worse than coming on for lingard, I cant see the argument for lingard even starting another match this season and he better not be here come the next season
    We need to rest Martial so Igdaho should come in for Martial I suppose.

RedDevilRoshi

I really hope Raiola finds Lingard a new club this summer. All will be forgiven if he does.

joedirt87

Someone please remind me how Chong and Gomes are not better than Andreas and Lingard?
    they could be just as bad. hard to be worse though. the unknown is quite appealing when we know what the known is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 209 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brugge win
  • Draw