Kick-off
Thu, 20 February 2020 @ 5:55pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

Williams is suffering from not having a player in front of him to combine with. I think Dalot is having a shocker as well.

It's also been the usual from Mata, Pereira and Lingard. Lingard especially is an absolute hindrance to the whole team, it's like he is a double agent for the opposition.

90 + 5min

Good away game. If we keep it this way we will win. Rotation very good. I hope he takes out Martial in halv time. Ighalo can do the job.

Solskjaer shows once again that he can make haters in this forum quiet.

eire-red

Obviously would be ideal if we could close this one out without having to bring any of the big guys on. If we are to make changes though, would bring Ighalo and Bruno on for Pereira and Williams, and go 4231.

On a side note, is Greenwood injured lately or just didn't make the squad? Must be injured surely considering the dearth of goals in this squad excluding Martial.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Thats is an exhibition on attacking play by us. Lingardinho pulling the strings. Should be four up.

United Hobbit

Re prioritising the league we cant guarantee City's ban will definitely be enforced as they are appealing so cant rely on 5th getting a CL spot, yes we've closed the gap on 4th but we are in a battle with a batch of other similarly inconsistent teams for 1, maybe 2 if Leicester collapse.

Bestofthebest

This is disgraceful. Only watching after the result at Chelsea but it looks like this lot think that will carry them through the rest of the season. It’s that bad that Martial actually looks like our best player. Williams looks like he’s been out on the p**s and McGuire doesn’t look much better. For the first time since Ole got the job I am actually starting to think he perhaps is not the right guy for the job.

Gasolin

Good away game. If we keep it this way we will win. Rotation very good. I hope he takes out Martial in halv time. Ighalo can do the job.

Solskjaer shows once again that he can make haters in this forum quiet.
    More 65mn or so, don't think Igdaho can be subbed in HT. Otherwise he would miss the half time talk to warm up, etc... no?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    Seriously though, playing Lingard, Mata and Andreas is just overkill. All three have been hopeless.

Dve

So far it’s Martial 8, everyone else 3-4. Terrible performance
    Matrial has been good, Shaw, Perreira and Lingard have been decent. Bad performances from Mata, Dalot, Williams, Matic, Lindeløf and Romero. What the hell was he doing for their goal.

always_hoping

I'll take the draw if offered now but the game is there to be won for United tonight and the strong bench could prove the difference.

United should have got a corner before Brugge scored. Loved the strength and composure by Martial on Uniteds goal and he was unlucky not to score a 2nd goal.

hobbers

Brugge is the lesser opponent, plus we have a home game against them next Thursday where you can bet more components of the first XI will feature if this one is an open book by that point. I'm not quite sure why you're so willing to play second fiddle players against Watford when we have a monumental chance to close the gap.

Maybe you should be the manager? Send in an application.
    Who said that? Nobody. Try reading my post.

Am I going insane here? I seem to remember once upon a time we'd play Chelsea, Bayern, Everton, Bayern over a 2 week period and, shockingly enough, we got through those periods with just a little bit of squad rotation. And that was without 2 week breaks beforehand AND while we were going for major titles.

Seems like another whole new ruleset and yardstick, just to make up for Ole's incompetence. He gets a free pass for moronic team selections because football has evolved and now you have to play whole new elevens in midweek games, even if City or Liverpool or any other top side don't seem to have to do that.

Adamsk7

Bruno and Fred on at half time, then Ighalo later.
    Martial is so good when he is on his game. A pity he is still inconsistent
    he’s improved his consistency a bit this year. Gonna be his best goals return by the end of the season and he’s been tracking back much better.

Agree he’s got another couple of levels to go up. Let’s hope he takes another step soon.

laughtersassassin

HT ratings
    HT ratings

Ole 0

Romero
    Dalot
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Williams
    Matic
    Pereira
    Mata
    Lingard
    Martial

Playing Andreas Mata and Lingard so Sunday league coaching. Ole asked for this.

stu_1992

We haven't got going at all. Been second best and lucky we were gifted that chance for Martial's goal. Though he still did well to finish the it off. Tbf they're goal was a bit of a gift. Combination of the defence not being switched on enough and poor positioning from Romero. Our passing has been shocking. I'm sure the pitch hasn't helped but you can't blame it it all on that.

I hate to say it as he's a youngster and I usually cut them more slack, but Williams really hasn't been good in that half.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    I can't believe I've read people blaming Lindelof for the goal we conceded. feck this place. :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

We have been very sloppy, particularly defensively. Being cut apart time and again by Club Brugge.

Shocking goal to concede. Don’t know what was running through Romero’s mind to be so far out of his box for the Brugge player to easily lob him into the empty net. Dalot & Williams were both poor as well.

Martial has been the only player with pass marks for Utd. Pereira & Lingard have been there usual self - simply not good enough.

Badly miss both Fred & Fernandes. Fred for his energy & aggression and Fernandes for his creativity and passing.

Need to step it up big time, 2nd half.

Judas

Open to offers
    You can’t play Andreas, Mata and Lingard together and expect much better than this really. We knew what we were going to get the second the lineup was announced.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
    “Is that a clear and obvious error”

“well it’s a clear and obvious error from the United defenders“

ffs

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    HT ratings
    HT ratings

Ole 0

Romero
    Dalot
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Williams
    Matic
    Pereira
    Mata
    Lingard
    Martial

Playing Andreas Mata and Lingard so Sunday league coaching. Ole asked for this.
    Really?

fecking hell! This place

laughtersassassin

What's your problem then? :lol:
    There is no good reason to rest him and Igalho in favour of ensuring a useless performance by playing Mata Lingard and Andreas.

As a manager if your back ups aren't good you got to strike a balance in these games. You need some quality. Not 0.

Dve

Williams is suffering from not having a player in front of him to combine with. I think Dalot is having a shocker as well.

It's also been the usual from Mata, Pereira and Lingard. Lingard especially is an absolute hindrance to the whole team, it's like he is a double agent for the opposition.
    Yes, but most of all he is suffering from having a bad day at work.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    You can’t play Andreas, Mata and Lingard together and expect much better than this really. We knew what we were going to get the second the lineup was announced.
    Yea came back from town and saw the line up and just sighed. Knew we would struggle.

King Eric 7

Feck me I got caught out by the early kick off. Just realised it's HT already as I had a late finish today :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    This is disgraceful. Only watching after the result at Chelsea but it looks like this lot think that will carry them through the rest of the season. It’s that bad that Martial actually looks like our best player. Williams looks like he’s been out on the p**s and McGuire doesn’t look much better. For the first time since Ole got the job I am actually starting to think he perhaps is not the right guy for the job.
    Just go back to not watching.

Gasolin

Obviously would be ideal if we could close this one out without having to bring any of the big guys on. If we are to make changes though, would bring Ighalo and Bruno on for Pereira and Williams, and go 4231.

On a side note, is Greenwood injured lately or just didn't make the squad? Must be injured surely considering the dearth of goals in this squad excluding Martial.
    Greenwood didn't feel well, that's all.

laughtersassassin

Really?

fecking hell! This place
    Yeah. For me.

If Ole makes some subs and or changes shape then I'd put him up. Couple of the lads scores are a by product of others of course. Williams terrible but I do like him so hope he bounces back this half.

Nothing against most of the players just called it how I see it.

Ole hung them out to dry a bit though. That attack/midfield is never gonna be able to put an acceptable performance together.

Gandalf

Worth pointing out to all the people moaning about the lineup that we have 7 games in 21 days and we are all acknowledging Bruge are not PL standard. If Ole can't rotate for this game when can he? If he did play Fred and Bruno here and then they limp out of the game at Watford on Sunday he would be crucified for playing them 3 times in 6 days just like he was with Rashford. I know logic is frowned upon in the matchday thread but some of the comments are fecking ridiculous.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    It's not our first choice midfield, we know that, but with injuries to Pogba and McT not quite fully fit, it's right not to risk Bruno and Fred so soon after Chelsea.

Another day 3 from: Matic,Pogba,Bruno,Fred,McT,Mata would be pretty good.

DoomSlayer

Yes, but most of all he is suffering from having a bad day at work.
    That's true, I think he got nervy from us conceding such a sloppy goal and just the whole team went flat.

The moment we equalised, it was like watching a different 11 of players, our team is still so weak under pressure.

Tel074

The lineup we have on the pitch is absolutely ridiculous. Every single flop: Dalot, Lingard, Pereira... Plus retirees like Mata and Matc. Who does Ole think he is playing? This squad would struggle to beat a championship team, let alone Belgium's champion in the late stages of Europa League competition.

Absolutely ridiculous.

It's our squad at present .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 209 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win