Club's reply to Sevilla's high ticket prices

SirAF

Ageist
The cnuts are now reporting United to UEFA :lol: Good luck with that!

MonkeysMagic

Excellent from Utd, about time they stood up to this flagrant disregard to fans. And Sevilla's greed has also cost them money and hopefully taught them a lesson not to do similar actions in the future. However, the point stIll remains that it shouldn't have come to this had UEFA taken the lead and address this at the start but they are nowhere if not in the pockets of the money makers!

Reactions: Akshay

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
£89 for a ticket is disgusting. I can only see this happening more and more in the future, which is worrying for fans as it will push people away from going to matches.

Moonred

The point is to not have a repeat of this in the future. So any other way of handling this situation would just make Sevilla and the likes (could be even us) do this as a practice. So Sevilla can now try and either dissolve the situation or come out as bigger cnuts.

RedDevil@84

Pretty sure it’s against the rules to charge away fans more. I wonder what the sanctions might be.
They are not charging away fans more. The home section near the away section are being sold for 89 quid.
Just that "Prime" ST members of Sevilla get subsidies on top of that for being prime members :D

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
This is somehow going to be used to add bite to the game when it's just money men from both clubs fecking over both sets of fans.

RedStrudel76

2 wrongs don't make a right. But I expect nothing less from the shoddy way our club has run post Gill and Fergie. We were once a classy club, doing things "the right way".. now just been petty and childish.

the right way isn't to punish poor Sevilla fans (there's a fecking recession in Spain.. have some respect!) just so our luvvies get subsidised tickets.. it is to report Sevilla to the authorities and get on with it.

Big Andy

Bloke
2 wrongs don't make a right. But I expect nothing less from the shoddy way our club has run post Gill and Fergie. We were once a classy club, doing things "the right way".. now just been petty and childish.

the right way isn't to punish poor Sevilla fans (there's a fecking recession in Spain.. have some respect!) just so our luvvies get subsidised tickets.. it is to report Sevilla to the authorities and get on with it.
Don't be a fanny..just because United are there, the plane/train fares increase five-fold (or more), hotels go up, so we get fecked over for that, then we get shafted over ticket prices as well? Just because United are rich, doesn't mean your average United fan is...

Oldyella

Heaven forbid the club try standing up for its own fans. Shoddy indeed..

Rob67

No white text??
Wow. For once, I am lost for words. Honestly don't know where to start.

Cpt Negative

Contender for worst post of the year and we’re only in January - well done.

The only thing you can fault the club for is not doing this sooner. For years the away fans have been ripped off. I remember paying £40 for a Wigan away game and the massive we’re charged £15 weeks earlier.

If Sevilla don’t like what we’ve done, drop the price and we will reciprocate. Don’t take the piss and charge £35 more than Liverpool got charged. I know we up our prices in the latter stages, but it’s consistent whether we get Basel or Bayern

Member 90678

Sometimes in life you have to stick up for yourself and stop being pushed around and taken advantage of.The club has drawn a line in the sand and backed the people that make the club what is is.
The fans!

Other people will just sit back and let it happen for fear of caring about what other people think!

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Possibly the worst post ever. People who follow United around Europe are luvvies now?

Kostur

海尔的老板

Just feck off.

We need an rvn

lol...worst post I've read for a long time (and that's beating Billy's homeless post by some margin!). More evidence we need to bring back likes before getting promoted

Ralaks

Great that something is being done about this. Remember when we faced FC Midtjylland a few years ago in the Europa League they went from £22 when Southampton visited to £71 when we did.

SirAF

Ageist

:lol:

RedStrudel76

Almost 20 years ago now. Time flies.

Feck 2008 (as good as it was nothing beats the 99 team for me the mental strength and complete midfield that was a team not just one man). This was special because it was at a time when football was still innocent, no money men, no diving, just proper football men.

Enjoyed football more back then, many many world class players around (Baggio in Italy for example, Batitusta etc)

el3mel

What have I just read....

Handsome Devil

So the bottom line is that thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of people applaud what we have done, even fans of bitter rivals, but at least, oh, three bleeding hearts on here think we are big bad evil United....meh.

Drainy

Twitter levels of wrongness in this post - the point wasn't to punish the Sevilla fans, but to make the club back down after being pushed into a corner (which they have done), or failing that let anyone who does this in the future know they will be met with the same- so don't do it.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
So Sevilla will report to UEFA about this unfair sudden increase and Utd not allocating 5% to away fans

http://sevillafc.es/en/actual/news/sevilla-fc-allocated-2995-tickets-old-trafford
'Sevilla will also look to guarantee that no Sevillista pays a penny more than any Manchester United fan for similar tickets - as competition regulations dictate.'

Hang on - so they're saying this after they already clearly tried to charge Man Utd fans more for away tickets? If this is against competition rules, weren't Sevilla the first ones to break it?

Moiraine

What are you on about ?

RedDevil@84

'Sevilla will also look to guarantee that no Sevillista pays a penny more than any Manchester United fan for similar tickets - as competition regulations dictate.'

Hang on - so they're saying this after they already clearly tried to charge Man Utd fans more for away tickets? If this is against competition rules, weren't Sevilla the first ones to break it?
Sevilla used a loophole by creating a set of tickets for home fans for 89 pounds, but then giving subsidies on those prices for their "prime" ST holders.

Redlyn

Not sure why anyone is more sorry for Sevilla fans than their own club. They can just use the extra money to subsidize their fans also if they want.

Personally it's a great move for our fans and if Sevilla fans don't like it they can complain to their club.

Karlkim SK

Yeah, right. So Sevilla is ok with charging United fans more? They act like they are innocent here.. If United is not protecting our fans from this greedy bastard, who will?

United Pro

Very well done from us there! It had to be done as a last resort and it shows other clubs, that we may play in the future, that we're no pushovers. Glad the Sevilla fans are also getting discounted by their club, as they did nothing wrong themselves and for the most part are against their board for the disgraceful pricing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Are your other 150+ posts as truly sh!thouse as this pal?
Ever been to a game live? Are you a "Luvvie" as well?

Redlyn

So what's this under allocation by the club now? But its telling how they haven't criticized the price we have charged. Their statement title is just about the allocation. Just complained the increase was late and that they will subsidize.

RedCurry

It really makes perfect sense. Essentially means that Sevilla raised prices for its own fans while United fans remain unaffected. This is not retaliation, it's just simple economics. Well done club.

buckooo1978

good move from the club

I imagine the most likely outcomes from Sevilla's complaint will be UEFA telling them to accept it or reduce their prices

making Sevilla look small minded and greedy in that move

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Good thing to help out your fans, a bit questionable to retaliate against Sevilla fans though, isn't it?
club tried to negotiate a lower price with Sevilla, they would not play ball. So in fairness United simply said we will join you in your pricing since you insist on it.

Notholing wrong on United's side.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Sevilla fans are not happy with their club.

NYAS

This is somehow going to be used to add bite to the game when it's just money men from both clubs fecking over both sets of fans.
How are the money men making money with this if they’re going to use the price difference to refund their fans?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
club tried to negotiate a lower price with Sevilla, they would not play ball. So in fairness United simply said we will join you in your pricing since you insist on it.

Notholing wrong on United's side.
i think Seville are charging their home fans the same as our away fans which is the difference