Club's reply to Sevilla's high ticket prices

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I think the key is that Sevilla have announced subsidies for ST holders on top of that 89
Wasn't that for their away going fans? Them saying they won't let them pay more than our home fans?

RedDevil@84

Wasn't that for their away going fans? Them saying they won't let them pay more than our home fans?
From reddit someone mentioned this

"apparently they got around it (equal pricing rule) by pricing the tickets next to the away section at 89 quid as well but it just so happens that the sevilla season ticket holders have access to those seats under their 'total' plan which means they dont foot the extortionate price."

Summit

From reddit someone mentioned this

"apparently they got around it (equal pricing rule) by pricing the tickets next to the away section at 89 quid as well but it just so happens that the sevilla season ticket holders have access to those seats under their 'total' plan which means they dont foot the extortionate price."
I'm not sure I catch on here. CL isn't covered in a normal season ticket, no?

RedDevil@84

I'm not sure I catch on here. CL isn't covered in a normal season ticket, no?
I am also not completely sure, but what I understood is that the tickets are priced at 89 quid, but if you are an ST holder on some special plan, you get those tickets for less.

Summit

I am also not completely sure, but what I understood is that the tickets are priced at 89 quid, but if you are an ST holder on some special plan, you get those tickets for less.
got ya

arthurka

Where is the guy who thought this wasnt classy like in the old days? If standing up for your fans isn't classy then what is? Some people:houllier:

Top notch move from Utd, well in.

SaboTaj

Great move by the club i say. This is the sort of empathy you’d expect from a big club who has, because of its unwavering supporters, reached the heights of global recognition it enjoys in this day and age despite the tumescent post-SAF years.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Brilliant statement this. Will put off clubs off doing it in the future.

Blackwidow

Great move. Especially as the UEFA does not do anything against that.

And fine the clubs if the fans are protesting like they did with the Bayern fans against Anderlecht. (Bayern subsided the away tickets then, too, but did not add it to the costs for the Anderlecht fans)

That banner and throwing false money on the pitch cost the club 20000 EUR...

Gazza

I have none. Maybe you're right. Maybe Sevilla will back down, refund their own fans too or lower the original price.
But maybe this will simply end with Sevilla travelling fans, who are not to blame for their club's action, paying 89£ now while you feel triumphant.
What is this triumphant business? Do you think United wanted to do this?? They gain nothing. It's purely a measure to prevent the club's fans being ripped off again. Your attitude is extremely confusing. Do you think United should have to pay for these mark ups indefinitely? Clubs will keep ripping us off if we just pay the subsidy without enforcing the same

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
What is this triumphant business? Do you think United wanted to do this?? They gain nothing. It's purely a measure to prevent the club's fans being ripped off again. Your attitude is extremely confusing. Do you think United should have to pay for these mark ups indefinitely? Clubs will keep ripping us off if we just pay the subsidy without enforcing the same
In a nutshell. This measure is the only way what with the current regulations that we’re going to be able to stop other clubs ripping us off.

A price cap similar to what’s been introduced in the premier league would solve a lot. Doesn’t make sense why it wouldn’t exist. UEFA, as ironic as this sounds, can’t let clubs get away with extortion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
http://www.sevillafc.es/en/actual/news/sevilla-fc-allocated-2995-tickets-old-trafford

Last week Sevilla FC applied for the full allocation of tickets offered by Manchester United for the second leg of the Round of 16 Champions League tie at Old Trafford. This amounted to 2,995 tickets - 4.1% of the stadium's capacity - which were initially priced at 50, 51 and 60 Pounds.

Owing to questions of security, the Premier League club did not act in accordance with UEFA regulations - which dictate 5% of the stadium's capacity (3,800 seats in this case) should be made available to the visiting club - when ticket prices were announced midway through December. Sevilla FC duly communicated the fixed prices and seat allocation for travelling fans to Manchester United. On the basis of this, Sevilla FC made the formal application for away tickets on the 2nd of January.

Though attempts have been made to reach an agreement on fixed prices for tickets, this was ultimately not possible. For that reason, Sevilla FC will maintain the duly communicated ticket prices. Manchester United have announced a unilateral increase in ticket prices for our fans to ensure away tickets for the second leg cost the same as away tickets for the first.

Sevilla FC will subsidise the price increase for club members travelling to Manchester for said fixture. With this subsidy, the club will guarantee that no club members pay more than the 60 Euros initially specified. Sevilla will be in contact with UEFA over both Manchester United's failure to make 5% of tickets available to away fans, as well as the Club's price increase after a formal application for an away allocation. Sevilla will also look to guarantee that no Sevillista pays a penny more than any Manchester United fan for similar tickets - as competition regulations dictate.
Sevilla announced they will subsidize the price increase.

Antonedwin

Sevilla announced they will subsidize the price increase.
right after we made them look like a prick, really great decision by the club
they refuse our negotiation , so we just force their fans doing it for us. this is signal across the world to never mess with united again off the field

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
He probably thinks United fans or the club should have just paid Sevilla and shut up.

Fridge chutney

2 wrongs don't make a right. But I expect nothing less from the shoddy way our club has run post Gill and Fergie. We were once a classy club, doing things "the right way".. now just been petty and childish.

the right way isn't to punish poor Sevilla fans (there's a fecking recession in Spain.. have some respect!) just so our luvvies get subsidised tickets.. it is to report Sevilla to the authorities and get on with it.
This post confirms to me that you are a pathetic wum. I had my suspicions before. Glad you've been banned.

Antonedwin

2 wrongs don't make a right. But I expect nothing less from the shoddy way our club has run post Gill and Fergie. We were once a classy club, doing things "the right way".. now just been petty and childish.

the right way isn't to punish poor Sevilla fans (there's a fecking recession in Spain.. have some respect!) just so our luvvies get subsidised tickets.. it is to report Sevilla to the authorities and get on with it.
actually - x - = +
must be surprising to see a football club actually standing behind their fans, United just don't want their travelling fans being ripped off , which is noble thing from club to do , who cares about sevilla fans, they should take care their own fans just like us

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm a little bit baffled by the amount of praise for our club doing the obvious thing but, yeah, it certainly looks the right call.

roonster09

Scout
I'm a little bit baffled by the amount of praise for our club doing the obvious thing but, yeah, it certainly looks the right call.
Did anyone say this is the best ever job done by any club? It's a good job and rightly called as good one by many posters here.

DOTA

Did anyone say this is the best ever job done by any club? It's a good job and rightly called as good one by many posters here.
No. But, I put the bins out earlier. It was the right call. I don't expect my housemates to go on about it.

wolvored

I understand the reasoning behind it, but say hypothetically Utd took 5000 fans, but Seville only brought 3000 here, will the club still subsidise the other 2000?

Skills

Snitch
I understand the reasoning behind it, but say hypothetically Utd took 5000 fans, but Seville only brought 3000 here, will the club still subsidise the other 2000?
Yeah. Sevilla will end up bringing more though because of OTs capacity it's why the club has stated they will donate the extra profit

DOTA

:lol: Are you Balotelli?
Just a grumpy sod, I think.

To be honest, I was more hoping someone might explain why other teams haven't done this before. Why we haven't done this before. I feel I must be missing something.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
With Sevilla's stadium capacity of ~42K, assuming standard 5% allocation, less United fans will be inside Sevilla stadium officially (around 2100), than Sevilla supporters inside OT, 2995. So, United should have some money left from overcharging Sevilla fans, after subsidising United fans, which they will donate to MU foundation.

wolvored

With Sevilla's stadium capacity of ~42K, assuming standard 5% allocation, less United fans will be inside Sevilla stadium officially (around 2100), than Sevilla supporters inside OT, 2995. So, United should have some money left from overcharging Sevilla fans, after subsidising United fans, which they will donate to MU foundation.
Thanks.

superdry

touched by a genius
Just a grumpy sod, I think.

To be honest, I was more hoping someone might explain why other teams haven't done this before. Why we haven't done this before. I feel I must be missing something.
You didn't really put the bins out did you?
Your as corrupt as Sevilla!

roonster09

Scout
I gave it serious consideration.
{Hazard] You could have if you wanted to [/Hazard]

Re why club didn't do it earlier, maybe I'm wrong but the price difference wasn't so big earlier? Or finally club thought enough is enough?

Will be interesting if club do the same thing for domestic cup games too when we play smaller teams.

Antonedwin

Yeah. Sevilla will end up bringing more though because of OTs capacity it's why the club has stated they will donate the extra profit
which means we ended up ripping sevilla off. they will have to subsidize more fans than us. we subsidize 35 x 2100 while they 2995 x 35, they should learn their lesson now to never mess with us

haram

which means we ended up ripping sevilla off. they will have to subsidize more fans than us. we subsidize 35 x 2100 while they 2995 x 35, they should learn their lesson now to never mess with us
Then they should have fecking decreased the prices for our away fans in the first place. Like you said, they will have learned their lesson.

GloryHunter07

Nope.