Television Cobra Kai

Havak

Pokemon master
Just read they haven't been renewed yet and the writers haven't started writing season 6 so maybe it will be the end. Agree we didn't get the happy ending but it's pretty close.
Yeah, not being given the green light is a slight worry (for those of us who want more). I do believe that every other season was confirmed for renewal around the same time the current one was released.

From some post-release interviews, Ralph & William confirmed that they shot scenes during the filming of season 5 that have been left out with the aim of using them still. So, you'd assume that is for season 6 or a movie, potentially.

For what it's worth, I believe they'll still be more. It's also consistently in the top series on Netflix when its released and bumps the Karate Kid movies viewing up too. It will get enough viewership to be worthwhile, assuming what they have written is deemed strong enough to do the 'Karate Kid universe' justice.

For me, this whole thing is just a silly nostalgia trip and feels very 80's, because I think it is supposed to. Just my two cents on the show, but it's precisely why I like it. I have watched Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Sopranos, The Wire, Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon etc when I want a more 'serious' themed show.

Spoony

The People's President
I thought it stopped being nostalgic after a couple of seasons. Apparently they're working on a Ferris Bueller's Day Off TV show.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I can't imagine Netflix not renewing this. Must be much cheaper than other shows given it is almost entirely composed of washed up 80s stars and noob kids.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Looking like the 6th season will be the last. Probably for the best they finish on a high, rather than going on too long and getting stale.

Sylar

Looking like the 6th season will be the last. Probably for the best they finish on a high, rather than going on too long and getting stale.

Makes sense,agreed.
Wondering if they do a spin-off or anything to expand the universe like most projects do now.

Hopefully a lot of focus on Johnny this season

SparkedIntoLife

I absolutely love Cobra Kai and definitely want more but I kinda think it ended perfectly last series. A lot of the interpersonal drama between the kids has been resolved. Terry Silver was such a powerful antagonist and he had a strong Cobra Kai alongside him. Kreese feels like a weak villain now and him coming back is a retread. Most of the kids we care about are now firmly in the Johnny/Daniel(/Chozen) crew. I don't know how they are going to generate enough drama to make series 6 feel as meaty as previous series. I'm sure the world karate tournament will be a big focus, and that could be cool; kind of like Mighty Ducks 2 where they went to the Olympics.

Despite all this, there's been several times throughout the show where I've felt the writers have written themselves into a corner but they have skillfully gotten out of it and created more drama and intrigue as a result. Regardless, the characters are so fun that this will be an easy, enjoyable watch, as usual, but I'm sceptical over whether the storytelling will live up to previous series.

Holocene

I absolutely love Cobra Kai and definitely want more but I kinda think it ended perfectly last series. A lot of the interpersonal drama between the kids has been resolved. Terry Silver was such a powerful antagonist and he had a strong Cobra Kai alongside him. Kreese feels like a weak villain now and him coming back is a retread. Most of the kids we care about are now firmly in the Johnny/Daniel(/Chozen) crew. I don't know how they are going to generate enough drama to make series 6 feel as meaty as previous series. I'm sure the world karate tournament will be a big focus, and that could be cool; kind of like Mighty Ducks 2 where they went to the Olympics.

Despite all this, there's been several times throughout the show where I've felt the writers have written themselves into a corner but they have skillfully gotten out of it and created more drama and intrigue as a result. Regardless, the characters are so fun that this will be an easy, enjoyable watch, as usual, but I'm sceptical over whether the storytelling will live up to previous series.
Agreed. Season 5 would have been the perfect ending. Especially if the twist with Kreese didn't happen.

I just hope they don't introduce unnecessary conflict between the characters now for the final season. All the differences have been resolved. Hopefully more Johnny too.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Agreed. Season 5 would have been the perfect ending. Especially if the twist with Kreese didn't happen.

I just hope they don't introduce unnecessary conflict between the characters now for the final season. All the differences have been resolved. Hopefully more Johnny too.
Daniel's wife is secretly an evil kung fu master setting up season 7