Television Cobra Kai

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
She has a bit of a chunky rump I think. Looked as though she put on a bit of weight around the legs and bum between series 1 and 2 as I think she looked far more flexible in the first series.

I shall end this post now before I sound like I am looking too closely at a 25 year old woman.
:drool:

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
She has a bit of a chunky rump I think. Looked as though she put on a bit of weight around the legs and bum between series 1 and 2 as I think she looked far more flexible in the first series.

I shall end this post now before I sound like I am looking too closely at a 25 year old woman.
The mom though :drool:

NotworkSte

She has a weird way of talking with barely moving her mouth so her teeth never seem to move, it's very noticeable.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
20 years younger than Macchio. She was 3 when the original Karate Kid was released. Ridiculous casting.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I enjoyed the 3rd season but still not quite living up to the 1st, and what I think "could have been".

It gets a bit daft that the good guys just allow Cobra Kai to stomp all over them (literally in some cases), but as soon as they win a fight they just let the baddies go, entirely unscathed. Like at the end, they rock up and destroy Daniel's house and just walk away. Asian guy is stood there annihilating Miguel for about half an hour, and then Miguel lands one kick and just lets him go. Like, I get that they are meant to be the good guys, all honourable etc, but come on. Even Daniel is now preaching that you "Take the enemies weapons away from them" - at least maim them so they aint going to be coming back next episode to screw you over again.

Same applies with Krees. For a start, the police should obviously just get involved and stop this nonsense (or the adults should talk to the kids parents ffs). But then you have Krees looking like he is literally going to stab Johnny, and then they are just like "nah fam we can settle it at the tournament no worries". Robbie is a little scrote too.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Why didn't he bang the gorgeous Japanese bird then? She was clearly up for it. He probably could have had the (grown-up) little girl that he saved too.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why didn't he bang the gorgeous Japanese bird then? She was clearly up for it. He probably could have had the (grown-up) little girl that he saved too.
:nono: That sounds bad as a stand alone point before we even mention that he is married.

Holocene

I started watching this after hearing so many good things about it. It's a fun show. Johnny is carrying it. Him trying to learn the internet killed me. Some really great scenes.

But I'm struggling to get through season 2. I don't like the addition of Kreese, felt he would've been fine as a cameo but not as a mainstay. He's almost like a cartoon villain. The actor that plays Robbie is dire. He always looks confused or angry. Could they not have found a better actor?

Really hoping it picks up soon.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I started watching this after hearing so many good things about it. It's a fun show. Johnny is carrying it. Him trying to learn the internet killed me. Some really great scenes.

But I'm struggling to get through season 2. I don't like the addition of Kreese, felt he would've been fine as a cameo but not as a mainstay. He's almost like a cartoon villain. The actor that plays Robbie is dire. He always looks confused or angry. Could they not have found a better actor?

Really hoping it picks up soon.
Agree with Kreese that he should not be a mainstay and perhaps just the 2nd season. They will run out of people to bring back from the films and maybe should have spread them out more but the writers are brilliant and Johnny and Miguel could carry this show for a while yet.

If Johnny left though that would probably be it for me as he is awesome in this.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I have just binged watched all three series in three days! It's the best pile of cheesey crap I have seen for ages.

Enjoyed the school fight and the fight at home, I love the fact that it is all so tongue in cheek and every episode is packed with 80s tropes and cliches from beginning to end.

Not sure why people expect the fighting should be better, the All Valley Championship is the top of their tree. It's not even a State, let alone national competition, just the best kid at karate in the San Fernando Valley, no wonder they're all a bit shite!

But feck, I absolutely love this, I haven't laughed out loud at a TV series like this for years, bring on season 4.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
You can see why Zabka never made it as an actor, but he's perfect as an 80's dinosaur as he's playing himself.

GazTheLegend

Ridiculous but enjoyable show.

Anyone else feel like Ralph Macchio and Tamlyn Tomita (Japanese girl) were genuinely extremely emotional and upset in every single Mayagi-nostalgia scene? Was really hard to watch at times for just that reason, it didn't feel 'acted', just two people missing their friend.

Also the episodde with the guy who was part of Johnny's skeleton biker gang - absolutely fantastic stuff in part because it all felt genuine. Like yea the show is cheesy but there have been some riveting episodes. Carried big time by Johnny Lawrence, as everyone says, and needs a better antagonist to eventually get better, but it's worth watching the entire thing.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
But isn't Kove deliberately playing a daft villain?
Deliberately playing it badly? I don't think there's anything in his cv that would suggest he's capable of such meta levels of thesp. They're all shit anyway let's be honest. The only one that can act is the woman playing Daniel sans wife in so much as she's almost managed to convince me that they could be a couple.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Deliberately playing it badly? I don't think there's anything in his cv that would suggest he's capable of such meta levels of thesp. They're all shit anyway let's be honest. The only one that can act is the woman playing Daniel sans wife in so much as she's almost managed to convince me that they could be a couple.

Well it's all shit though, isn't it? Just a nice nostalgia trip for oldies. I hope they do one for Revenge of the Nerds. Police Academy would be good too. I always felt Guttenberg deserved super stardom.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Well it's all shit though, isn't it? Just a nice nostalgia trip for oldies. I hope they do one for Revenge of the Nerds. Police Academy would be good too. I always felt Guttenberg deserved super stardom.
If you keep talking like this you'll awaken the Kraken (Mockney).

Andersons Dietician

The only major character who hasn't yet made an appearance is Kreese's mate Terry Silver from KK3.
If Hilary Swank and Jason Smith aren’t in this franchise at some point I’m rioting. Who was the evil douche in season 3 that Daniel San had to fight. Feel like they could have a lot of fun with that story and Johnny.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
If Hilary Swank and Jason Smith aren’t in this franchise at some point I’m rioting. Who was the evil douche in season 3 that Daniel San had to fight. Feel like they could have a lot of fun with that story and Johnny.

Swank is not allowed to be in this. She isn't canon for me.

Sylar

Barney from himym better be in this

That episode needs to be canon

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Zabka is a fine actor. He might not be blockbuster material since his type of real american blond highschool kids is on the wane in the 90s. But he did make a living as an actor, ditto machio.

Most of them had a reasonable cv.

Sam and tori actually made a lot of movies albeit lesser known.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Just finished season 1. Some incredible nostalgic moments in it.

The very end of that scene is fantastic with the music and all. Chills

Am I the only one who's more team Cobra Kai after that first season? :lol:

Tiber

Who doesn't love Johnny and Miguel?

Skizzo

I absolutely can’t stand Dimitri and Sam, so based on that I was all cobra Kai. Also some other things which I’m not sure you’re at yet so I won’t say, but I went back and forth.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Finished the third season. Absolutely class. At times it's predictable and border-line cringey, but the nostalgia and the "bad-ass" music in sync with the scene is perfect.
I can't believe I have wait like a melon now until early 2022.

SparkedIntoLife

Anyone got any recommendations for shows like Cobra Kai? Not the karate or even the nostalgia necessarily, moreso for the 'heart' and general vibe of the show? I'm enjoying Atypical (not as much as CK but it's in the right ballpark).