Television Cobra Kai

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
One thing I don't want to see any more of is Johnny and Daniel fighting. Please, no more, I've had my fill.
agreed, this storyline is done in that regard for sure. Always got pissed watching them reheat that every other episode again………

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Definite drop in quality since the first couple of seasons, which were very good indeed. Writing has gone pretty downhill, can see they needed to bring in new characters to make enough of a story, and lots of flashbacks filler.

Funniest thing for me was I thought the son had been recast so different does the actor now look :lol: !
I thought the writing this last season was far better than in 2 and 3.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Refreshing to see that
they did the girls final last. Usually the other way around

Most of these kids can fight to save their life though.

Superunknown

Just started Season 4 of Cobra Knuts. It's good shit. :drool: Exactly what you need after a long, tiring week.

Sylar

The winners of the two tournaments were great. Glad they had it go that way

Silver was a great addition
Robbie and Tory's stories and arcs are great

Really enjoyed it

Parma Dewol

Only just gotten round to season four. Loved it!

Just when you think the show can’t get any cheesier, it manages to exceed expectations. The best guilty pleasure in ages, especially for those of us who grew up with the awful-but-loveable original movies.

A lot of fun to watch and a cracking soundtrack all the way through.

Heck, season four was worth it just for the hawk sound effect when Eli tore off his top to reveal his tattoo. Classic.

decorativeed

September release

Glad I waited to watch this. Only just finished season 4. I got a bit bored during the middle of it and took a break. I'm glad I went back to it, because the finale was excellent. And not long to wait for the next part now, either!

Sylar

Glad I waited to watch this. Only just finished season 4. I got a bit bored during the middle of it and took a break. I'm glad I went back to it, because the finale was excellent. And not long to wait for the next part now, either!
This is a show I love binge watching. Its got the right amount of cheese and action for me. A little teen dramatic at times (but they are all teens so i understand)

Sylar

Season 5 released tomorrow.

Reminder if ya needed it.

Skills

Snitch
This entire series is hilariously bad, but so watchable. Great show

Sylar

Chozen is so damn awesome! Watched four episodes so far

Zen

This entire series is hilariously bad, but so watchable. Great show
Absolutely spot on…. It’s got some weird charm that keeps me watching, churning them out quickly helps too :lol:

Last edited:

Sylar

Completely disagree with so bad it's good. It's brilliant cheesy fun. Love the call backs to the movies

Also sting ray butchering Judas was something

JTW95

Gullible sausage
About half way through the latest season. It's still completely ridiculous. And still ridiculously addictive. I can't stop watching :lol:

sport2793

Not gonna lie, the last episode in terms of violence started reaching GoT levels for a second. Was a good end setting up for hopefully a great finish next season.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Best season yet. I didnt even hate the kids. Chozen was a fantastic addition to the cast. Shame we didnt get more Mike Barnes though.

Glorio

Best season yet. I didnt even hate the kids. Chozen was a fantastic addition to the cast. Shame we didnt get more Mike Barnes though.
I think it helped that the adults seemed to get a lot more screen time than the kids. Also there were almost no drawn out, near miss laden love triangles, which was refreshing.

I watched the entire thing in one go :lol:

Ekeke

I think it helped that the adults seemed to get a lot more screen time than the kids. Also there were almost no drawn out, near miss laden love triangles, which was refreshing.

The over-done "misunderstandings and bad communication" that would set up several sympathetic characters to continually argue was only really present for a shorter time this season. Normally they drag it out a lot. Happened at the start, but then Robbie and Miguel sorted things. Sam and Tory had quite a quick resolution after the talk and fight. They set up the new villains quite well so that the sympathetic characters could team up quite easily against them

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Me too.

A few hours of mindless, silly but entertaining fun.

Havak

Pokemon master
It is probably the most 'bingeworthy' show I have watched. Sat through the whole thing on Friday as I had the day off work. It's just excellent if you enjoyed the silly Karate Kid movies for what they are. It doesn't try to be anything else. It sticks to the source material, in a modern setting, and manages to keep the same vibe as those movies throughout.

Thought this latest season was excellent, one of the best.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Just finished it and thought it was great again. Cannot see where they take it from here though.

Chozen and Jonny are absolute gold together on screen.

sport2793

Just finished it and thought it was great again. Cannot see where they take it from here though.

Chozen and Jonny are absolute gold together on screen.
Think the next season will focus on the global tournament and Kreese will come back to get a group of kids with this Korean chick to fight the others in the tourney.

SparkedIntoLife

Absolutely loved it. Amazing show (and I wouldn't say it's so bad it's good... it's just good full stop).

The characterisation was phenomenal. The Chosen/Johnny/LaRusso/Barnes group is just tremendous. I felt Tory and Sam, and Robby and Miguel getting on the same page story arcs were slightly rushed but very satisfying. Silver was sublime as usual. There were several truly moving moments throughout the series.

They seemed to cover all bases in case of a renewal not happening. Pretty much everything feels wrapped up, apart from Kreese's escape which, ironically, didn't need to happen. Is there really much in the tank for a compelling series 6? I assume the global tournament could be the final hurrah and possibly Julie Pierce (Hilary Swank) could have a little return. Some comedy will likely be found in Johnny trying to look after a baby with Miguel and Robby getting involved too. Otherwise, there really isn't a lot for the show to do, seemingly.

I didn't feel Kim Da-Eun was a particularly good character and the acting was ropey. I don't have much interest in seeing her or her trainers return. I don't know who would be on Kreese's side in terms of kids... maybe still Kenny and Penis Breath? Everyone else seemed to defect. Perhaps he takes over a new group of kids. After all the redemption arcs, I don't really want to see any of the kids or adults go back to the dark side. The 'goodies' seem overpowered and the level of threat seems minimal; especially with Kreese on the run.

My wonder is whether they just feel that the kids' careers are blowing up, Miguel especially, and Netflix are losing money, so they're essentially thinking a series 6 isn't likely. I would love to see more as it's been a consistently brilliant show but the majority of the emotional stakes have been worked through.

Sylar

The ending was fantastic. And yeah, the way they used the screen time was great. It still had kids at the centre but that was more focused on the karate and less on the drama that could be avoided by talking.

I am wondering with the ending
if krees now tries to get revenge on Johnny and Daniel for screwing him over in that prison meet scene. He is on the run though so they would need that away from the valley (maybe the tournament)

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The bonsai in that rare bonsai auction were awful. Those are literally like $20-30 mass produced starter junipers that get sold by mallsai sellers for 50-75. They really should have hired an actual bonsai master as consultant because they were just atrocious examples especially for allegedly "rare bonsai". That lack of attention to detail really bothers me.

MuFc_1992

I love the idea of adults trying to take over the world with... karate.
I think its more about spread of Kobra Kai philosophy rather than the karate itself. There are plenty of psuedo intellectual new age thinkers out there who believe that the world has gone soft and there should be some sort of survival of the fittest mechanism to make things better and in my mind kobra kai epitomizes that.

cafecillos

I'm genuinely perplexed that some in here actually think this is truly "good". I mean no disrespect, I've certainly watched and enjoyed shows which are just as bad and probably even worse, but come on now. I saw quite a lot of the show (up to a few eps into season 4, I think) with my partner and we simply couldn't get over how bad everything was, from the ridiculous stakes in the script to the embarrassing performances (including what is probably the worst "professional" performance I've ever seen: Robby). I can see the camp appeal, the nostalgia value, and the fact the series doesn't take itself seriously is fairly refreshing for a while, but other than that the series is just a cringe fest.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What constitutes "good" is relative.

The show is only aiming to be likeable, nostalgic, slightly-subversive melodramatic fun and it achieves that, which is why it has generally been well received by critics on top of a positive audience reaction.

Obviously the stakes are ridiculous, the performances are variable (to put it kindly) and it is emotionally manipulative in all the most obvious ways. But then that's true of most shows we might file into the "teen drama" category as well as the actual Karate kid films themselves. Those are features, not bugs. If you're looking for uniformly excellent performances and realistic stakes, you're watching the wrong type of TV show.