Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

colombianmancunian

I'd get him to add depth and give Sancho a kick up the arse. I don't see him as a striker though so would hope that we go after someone like Osimhen or Sesko too.
Him plus Osimhen will be a dream come true. Although I see Gakpo as a young RVP in the sense he is a wide player who will slowly turn into a striker. Pretty exiting talent.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Some people think we don’t need him because Rashford…,

Bwuk

I feel we should be going in for him as the touted price isn't mad.

25m is the rumoured fee - we could probably sell Elanga & Pellistri which would offset quite a bit of that.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Doesn’t turn up in big games. Assists in Ajax game to help take PSV top of the table.

croadyman

25m is the rumoured fee - we could probably sell Elanga & Pellistri which would offset quite a bit of that.
Yeah get Donny out somewhere as well and ideally that once great player up front

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I feel like we should be going for another RW/ST. We’re forever signing left sided players. We’ve no depth on the right what so ever.

MarcianoVink

Supports
PSV, the Netherlands

25 mln is the fee named by Amsterdam (and Ajax favoured) Newspaper De Telegraaf. The newspaper that values Ajax players double of what they are worth.

Gakpo isn’t going anywhere below 45 mln…..

Last edited:

croadyman

25 mln is the fee named by Amsterdam (and Ajax favoured) Newspaper De Telegraaf. The newspaper that values Ajax players double of what they are worth.

Gakpo isn’t goong anywhere below 45 mln…..
We need that sort of player because let's face it not getting a number 9 until summer

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
I feel like we should be going for another RW/ST. We’re forever signing left sided players. We’ve no depth on the right what so ever.
If we get a big cfwd then we can actually play Pellistri to whip crosses in for him if we play the orthodox way.

Ludens the Red

He’s not needed at United. Im well excited about Xavi Simons and would prefer him over Gakpo.
Yeah Xavi Simons looks some player but he’s only 19, think Gakpo would be physically and mentally more suited to the Prem at the minute.

RopersReturn

Gakpo might not be a striker but he’ll form an incredibly effective partnership with Antony on the opposite wing.

MadMike

LW it seems but can play CF. Fancies himself as a Henry type player
Whether he fancies himself as a Henry, CR7 or Van Persie... the issue with these comparisons with former wingers-cum-strikers, is that those guys didn't just have great striking technique. It's that they were also seriously rapid. Gakpo, according to people who have watched him, is a fine striker of the ball and an intelligent player in the link-up, but he isn't particularly explosive.

The transition from winger to striker isn't as easy as people make it sound. If you don't possess some of the natural striker skills or instincts (back-to-goal & hold-up play, heading ability, movement in the box, poaching etc.) then your effectiveness will depend a lot on speed and endurance in order to lead the press, break offside traps and run at defenders.

I don't know to what extent Gakpo has the natural striker skills (I haven't seen enough of him) to make it at the top level, but from what I hear he's not particularly explosive. So that worries me a bit about these Henry or Van Persie analogies. . He could well be another Depay or Sancho instead.

Last edited:

Idxomer

Whether he fancies himself as a Henry, CR7 or Van Persie... the issue with these comparisons with former wingers-cum-strikers is that those guys didn't just have great striking technique. It's that they were also seriously rapid. Gakpo, according to people who have watched him, is a fine striker of the ball and an intelligent player in the link-up, but he isn't particularly explosive.

The transition from winger to striker isn't as easy as people make it sound. If you don't possess some of the natural striker skills or instincts (back-to-goal & hold-up play, heading ability, movement in the box etc.) then your effectiveness will depend a lot on speed and endurance in order to lead the press, break offside traps and run at defenders.

I don't know to what extent Gakpo has the natural striker skills (I haven't seen enough of him) to make it at the top level, but from what I hear he's not particularly explosive. So that worries me a bit about these Henry or Van Persie analogies. He could well be another Depay or Sancho instead.
Agreed. I could see it with Felix because he played a lot as a second striker and he's quite strong on the ball but even then it's a flip coin how well he would transition into the position at the highest level.

croadyman

Can't help feeling we need him AND number 9 not one or the other,however fear our owners will force Erik to choose.

MarcianoVink

Supports
PSV, the Netherlands
In the dutch media, Hans Kraaij stated that Pepijn Lijnders sees Gakpo as missing link for Liverpool. He is certain that Liverpool will try to buy him next transfer period

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Him plus Osimhen will be a dream come true. Although I see Gakpo as a young RVP in the sense he is a wide player who will slowly turn into a striker. Pretty exiting talent.
From what I have seen Gakpo doesn't even has 1/3 of the technique of RVP at 19.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
In the dutch media, Hans Kraaij stated that Pepijn Lijnders sees Gakpo as missing link for Liverpool. He is certain that Liverpool will try to buy him next transfer period
I can see it now.

Gakpo goes to Liverpool, plays well and then the majority of the forum who called him shite and not up to the PL or United standard, would then take one big dump on United hierarchy for being frauds for not getting the man they didn’t want, into the club.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I can see it now.

Gakpo goes to Liverpool, plays well and then the majority of the forum who called him shite and not up to the PL or United standard, would then take one big dump on United hierarchy for being frauds for not getting the man they didn’t want, into the club.
You just know it’s true :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.