Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
2 missed calls by United? So he saved someone as MU in his phone? Sure….
It's a fetish of his, he names people after football clubs (or we could be getting Gakpo)

You'd be surprised though, Older people save people in their phones sometimes by what they do / who they are.

If someone from United was contacting LVG and the contact was shared to him by the Agent of Gakpo (represented by the same people) it could have been passed on as Manchester United.

You don't need to know its Dave at the recruitment department. I doubt United and LVG are texting every night before bed it will literally be just for a player of the national team and Gakpo makes sense.

phelans shorts

It's a fetish of his, he names people after football clubs (or we could be getting Gakpo)

You'd be surprised though, Older people save people in their phones sometimes by what they do / who they are.

If someone from United was contacting LVG and the contact was shared to him by the Agent of Gakpo (represented by the same people) it could have been passed on as Manchester United.

You don't need to know its Dave at the recruitment department. I doubt United and LVG are texting every night before bed it will literally be just for a player of the national team and Gakpo makes sense.
If this story were true (which it sounds absolutely batshit daft so I wouldn’t believe a word of it) then it would also make sense for Timber, De Jong and Memphis at the very least. Or Malacia, for that matter.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If this story were true (which it sounds absolutely batshit daft so I wouldn’t believe a word of it) then it would also make sense for Timber, De Jong and Memphis at the very least. Or Malacia, for that matter.
It's more likely not true than true

Rauður Djöfull

Hahaha odds on LVG forgetting his phone on the disabled toilets, some random dutch reporter had access finds the phone and sees 2 missed calls from Manchester United

Who comes up with this shit, and that someone gets paid for that

Why would Utd even be calling LVG at all, a man they fired who hates the club and has nothing to do with Gakpo potentially changing clubs in January

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hahaha odds on LVG forgetting his phone on the disabled toilets, some random dutch reporter had access finds the phone and sees 2 missed calls from Manchester United

Who comes up with this shit, and that someone gets paid for that

Why would Utd even be calling LVG at all, a man they fired who hates the club and has nothing to do with Gakpo potentially changing clubs in January
It would be brilliant if it was true!

In 10 years time them asking Gakpo and him saying "its true"

Rauður Djöfull

It would be brilliant if it was true!

In 10 years time them asking Gakpo and him saying "its true"
Yeah I guess strangers things have happened but I still don't believe it for s minute, sounds so far fetched and as if LVG just has Manchester United as a saved phone number

Also on my phone if it's locked and you tap the screen you only see there is a missed call, not from whom but don't know about other phones

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Yeah I guess strangers things have happened but I still don't believe it for s minute, sounds so far fetched and as if LVG just has Manchester United as a saved phone number

Also on my phone if it's locked and you tap the screen you only see there is a missed call, not from whom but don't know about other phones
On some phones like Android you need to change it in the settings to not say who its from

MadMike

Both his and Depay’s hold up play and movement leaves a lot to be desired. They also both drop very deep at times leaving their team without outlet.

He might be a fine striker of the ball but he’s quite far from being a striker.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's got a long way to go if he wants to play in the centre. Very poor tonight with the simple stuff.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Both his and Depay’s hold up play and movement leaves a lot to be desired. They also both drop very deep at times leaving their team without outlet.

He might be a fine striker of the ball but he’s quite far from being a striker.
Agreed.

MadMike

He's got a long way to go if he wants to play in the centre. Very poor tonight with the simple stuff.
To be fair to him he doesn’t want to play centrally, not according to Van Gaal anyway. He allegedly much prefers to play from the wings.

Black Alabaster

Fraudrizio covering all bases by doing guesswork per usual.
Gakpo and Ten Hag have the same agent/agency so there is open communication clearly if ETH & the club wants to know anything whatsoever related to a transfer.

Gakpo is not going to say in a press conference "Yes my agents are talking to united last week actually" in the middle of a season and WC it's pretty basic procedure.

If we want him, we have him and his most recent comments of "if man united come again i'll think about it with god" is pretty much as confirmation as you will get that it can get wrapped up once we submit an acceptable fee to PSV.

It's another question whether we should actually get him or not. Not having a good game against Argentina that's for sure but he is big and quick enough to be coached into more regular CF habits. I would only want* him for cheap though so it's not a gamble just a smart squad fill, that is the appeal. Not for anything approaching premuim price.

pogbasformerbarber

Watching today makes me think that the speculation has been all speculation. I can't see how ETH thinks this guy can play CF for us...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Been much better since moving to the LW but we knew he's not a striker anyway so this isn't new information

rooney2009

So impressed with him Today
Great attitude Great Energy Great team player,Great skills
He seems to have everything, he has played everywhere on the pitch
I’m seriously impressed

marktan

He's been pretty crap tbh, first time I've properly watched him. Goals don't mean anything if the rest of the game isn't there

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Looks like he has a good final ball tbf. Which you wouldn't make the most of if he was a CF.

avgp_1

Very poor through the middle. Was easily nullified as his play under any sort of press was tragic

Telsim

At least this will happen faster now. :lol: I just hope him and Martinez don't have an issue.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be fair to him he doesn’t want to play centrally, not according to Van Gaal anyway. He allegedly much prefers to play from the wings.
Fair point, he needs to develop that side of things anyway.

footballbite

Weghorst > Gakpo as a CF.

And Weghorst was mediocre in the PL.

Whatever Ten Hag sees in him, I definitely don’t.
Let's see if he actually does move for him in Jan. Hopefully he was only considering him in the past as a wing option, and won't bother now he rather needs a CF. The press and agents might be keener on the move happening in Jan than ten Hag.

Ekeke

Nullified today. He'll be dissappointed with that. 69% pass accuracy and 4 unsafe touches. Usually very tidy and quite dependable to help keep the ball on the attack, today he was not

fallengt

LvG doesn't hate the club, he hates Ed Woodward .
The story about LvG stopped Dutch players going to United was confirmed fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.