Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He is not bad with his left;
That video been flipped to make it seem as if he's good with his left foot?? Look at the shirt numbers and advertising boards. :eek: :D

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I want something guaranteed not a gamble like this.

Liverpool went and bought players like Mane who were hardly a risk when they rebuilt, even watching Gakpo you know he's not at the level we need it's just a no go why waste the money.
Mane wasn’t as good as he became for Liverpool when he played for Southampton and a lot on here weren’t all that fussed when we missed out on him!

Jacob

Seems like he's always on the verge of losing the ball when he's dribbling.

ArjenIsM3

The thing with Gakpo is he's just as much a striker as Rashford is. One of those half winger half striker type of players. We don't need more of those do we?

Judas

Open to offers
The thing with Gakpo is he's just as much a striker as Rashford is. One of those half winger half striker type of players. We don't need more of those do we?
I'd agree with this. surely we should be looking for more of an actual striker to give us another dimension?

So much of our business has me scratching my head so deep I'm poking holes in my brain.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He looks more like Martial than Rashford.

Gakpo seems like he can’t play and hold up the ball before trying to pass it.

Rashford doesn’t play like that.

Suv666

We don't need generalists. Lets get a dedicated striker for #9 and a proper LW if thats what we're going for. No hybrid players. We'll spend the rest our lives figuring out where he'll play.
I can already see the threads.
"Is LW Cody's best position?"

jamesjimmybyrondean

I think he has better attributes to play a striker than Rashford. But I still kind of agree with him being as much a striker as Rashford in the sense that he's pretty unproven in that position. I personally think there's a higher possibility of him ending up like Bergjwin than Suarez

ti vu

Never impress me. Depay was much more impressive than him when he moved to us then flopped. As currently Depay is still much better, and I don't think Depay is good for our need. Here I am talking about wide forward role. For CF role, Luuk de Jong playing as PSV CF is concerning. We can shift Sancho to the left and play Eriksen on the right, but we don't have anyone for CF role if Ronaldo leave. So what is the point signing a player who is not tried properly in CF?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is that impressive in the Dutch league?
It is. We have been linked with players who got less.

But he doesn't seem technically that gifted to me. More about power and pace, with a little bit of skill (like Rashford). So IF we sign him, really hope he's a proper goal threat either from wide, or has proper number 9 instincts

davidmichael

How are we now all of a sudden linked with this guy?

Did the club put out a twitter pole for our next signings?

What in the blue hell is going on with United.
To be fair I’d much rather they do that then go by our ‘scouts’ or ‘data analysts’ or our ‘recruitment team’ as we’d probably end up with a far better functioning and balanced squad, how some of these people have a job let alone at a club as big as United is beyond me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He has quick feet, pace, power and has a good eye for goal. I think he would be a good signing for around £30M.

El Jefe

The flop vibes are heavy with this one. I watch him and he looks like Rashford 2.0 only not as good which scares the hell out of me.

All the dutch fans saying he's not good as a CF confirm that this will be a total waste of a transfer.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He has quick feet, pace, power and has a good eye for goal. I think he would be a good signing for around £30M.
How's his movement / aerial prowess in the final third? I saw him score one lovely header but not sure how much potential he has in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.