College Football 2020/21

Tiber

The local media gets it!

What a performance...again! And it's halftime!

Carolina Red

Staff
Help me out, can’t think of anyone off the top of my head other than maybe Vince Young and Reggie Bush. 200+ yds and 3 TDs in one half!
There’s been tons of bigger performances in college football games in general.

And in national title games specifically, you’ve got Elliot, Bush, Young, Watson, and Burrow just in recent memory.
Greatest performance I ever saw. That USC team was Dominant. On defense they had future NFL players at almost every position (Jackson, Rucker,Ellis,Rivers,Cushing,Malaluga,etc.) and Young single handedly shredded them.
See above.

*don’t get me wrong, dude is playing amazingly and will be in that realm of greatest Natty game performances, but it isn’t the best I’ve ever seen. Yet.

Tiber

Time to rest up that finger Devonta.

Even if he isn't the future WR of my dreams, he has nothing else to prove and it isn't worth the risk of playing on

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
:lol: My favorite SC player ever was Matt Grootegoed. Neighbor who played at Mater Dei. Amazing in high school, best I ever saw.
Have we had this discussion? I was in Angels stadium the night they played De La Salle. Greatest high school player in CA history played that night, DJ Williams.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This must've been around 99-00 ?
that game was in 98. The first time DLS came down south to play someone. My college room mate went to DLS so he dragged me to the game. The size difference was insane, but DLS blew MD off the line constantly.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
that's a throwback. Would have love Williams at SC, but we sucked at the time.
Grootegoed was one year ahead of Leinart. They shared QB duties his senior year at Mater Dei. DJ was a great player for sure. Remember watching him play for the Canes and Denver.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Grootegoed was one year ahead of Leinart. They shared QB duties his senior year at Mater Dei. DJ was a great player for sure. Remember watching him play for the Canes and Denver.
In that first game against MD, DLS had 3rd and 40 from their 10. Handed it off to DJ and he went for 50. Grootegoed was a beast of a LB. I remember him meeting Williams at the line, he didn't win the collision, but he also didn't lose.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This game has solidified for me that he would have obliterated Clemson’s secondary. We would have gotten boat raced by this Bama O.
This is probably the best Bama team of Saban's era. They should have about 5 or so 1st rounders out of this group, which is fine by me since we play them in the opener.

Man of Leisure

He has a lot of poise and is very accurate, which count for a lot at the next level.
Jones very well may not pan out, but there’s been many a good NFL career made out of folks marching that description.
Very true. Used to go back and forth with a friend regarding Alex Smith on the game manager label. Smith is way more talented than Jones mind.

Tiber

Meyer is commentating isn't he? Wonder if Schefter will break the shock news of his Jags hire within an hour of the trophy presentation

Tiber

Very true. Used to go back and forth with a friend regarding Alex Smith on the game manager label. Smith is way more talented than Jones mind.
I have long thought Smith is criminally underrated. He was genuinely great in KC and could well have won it all under Reid. Just got unlucky that they drafted an absolute superstar

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I have long thought Smith is criminally underrated. He was genuinely great in KC and could well have won it all under Reid. Just got unlucky that they drafted an absolute superstar
Mahomes and the injury set him back. Otherwise he would’ve have a pretty successful career.

Tiber

Mahomes and the injury set him back. Otherwise he would’ve have a pretty successful career.
Yes the injury was terrible. Did you see the ESPN documentary about it?
I'm surprised he can walk, never thought he would play again nevermind this season.

Man of Leisure

So Belichick vs Saban, who’s been more impressive? For me, it’s Belichick and it’s not even close really, but argument can be made he’s never won one without Brady while Saban has done it consistently with different players.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
So Belichick vs Saban, who’s been more impressive? For me, it’s Belichick and it’s not even close really, but argument can be made he’s never won one without Brady while Saban has done it consistently with different players.
Saban doesn’t have a salary cap to contend with (as long as he keeps it on the DL).

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You simply cannot compare amateur to professional sport, as the latter is miles more complicated across the spectrum.