College Football 2020/21

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No worries man, I definitely agree with you post.

However, I would argue that Bama fans are Liverpool fans, even down to the historic entitlement to winning before Saban (Koop) showed up.
There’s definitely a Scouse streak in Tuscaloosa, but no fan base perfectly captures the victimization & the ‘next year’ mantra as well as Bulldog fans. Bama definitely has the entitlement, but, like Pool, at least they had a quality history in their past. Georgia’s view of themselves is founded in sheer delusion in a very tight closed echo chamber.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
There’s definitely a Scouse streak in Tuscaloosa, but no fan base perfectly captures the victimization & the ‘next year’ mantra as well as Bulldog fans. Bama definitely has the entitlement, but, like Pool, at least they had a quality history in their past. Georgia’s view of themselves is founded in sheer delusion in a very tight closed echo chamber.
You must not have been in Tuscaloosa during the Shula era. :D

Carolina Red

Staff
UGA fans would even give Clemson fans shit prior to 2016 about not winning a national title in so long.

They won their last one in 1980. We won it in 1981.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
UGA fans would even give Clemson fans shit prior to 2016 about not winning a national title in so long.

Can we all just agree that football fans in the southeast (present magnificent moderator excluded) are delusional, insane, weirdos?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Just saw a Hershel Walker ad (on here for some reason) supporting Kelly Loeffler. Didn’t think there could be much more tangible reason to dislike UGA, but that certainly is one.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fair enough on ribs (I guess Kansas City is big (least) 12)

Football? Fight me. You can't have good college football without snow
:lol: I grew up in LA and spent my 20’s/30’s in Alabama so hell no on the snow. Can’t say I’m terribly fond of the SEC but recent history suggests the SEC and ACC own college football.

And on ribs? Any sauces on ribs are an abomination meant to hide poor smoking technique. It’s all about the dry rub. I prefer a Carolina style and have some sitting in the fridge right now curing in their rub just waiting for 5 hours on apple wood :drool:

Nik70

Indiana conversion... looked the ball touched both short of the pylon and out of bounds before touching the pylon. Anyone see it different?
I thought the tip of the football broke the plane of the end zone just before the ball touched the out of bounds line and the pylon. Score looked good to me. Tough one to call and difficult to overturn on replay whichever way the original decision went.

Nik70

Pretty impressed with Michigan offensively last night. Defense looked good at times too.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Trevor Lawrence has covid. Should be okay against BC this weekend, but they’ve got #4 ND next week. Don’t think he’ll be back in time for that game.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They’ll smash ND regardless.

What bears watching is the Big10 and how it affects tOSU going forward. They kind of screwed themselves if they were serious about completing a season.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
ND has played five schools a combined 9-22, and play 2-4 GaTech this weekend. Clemson haven't played a much better schedule but do have that win over Miami. And they've been there done that for many years. ND must show me.

I'll wager Clemson handles them barring Uiagalelei committing five turnovers. ND seems to get spanked by schools with strong DL/OL. How strong are ND's lines this year?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

This didn’t count, but the guy at 11 seconds :lol:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Nearly hung half-a-hundred on them by halftime, and we‘re now getting the backup QB reps halfway through the 3rd. Maybe 2020 is getting back to normal after all now...

(Awaiting narrator’s voice: It was then he knew, he’d fecked up.)