College Football 2021/22

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Expected the game to be much closer... Harbaugh didn't have a response to Georgia's game plan. Still a good season from him and Michigan.

Georgia should have been kicked out of the playoffs after crapping the bed in the SEC championship game. They'll do so again next week.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
2 best teams in the country play in the final, can’t complain too much. Expected better from Mich but good season all the same.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well this is a bit of a shock. Off to USC then ?

Not a shock (unless you were being sarcastic), it was just a matter of time. OU is still in the mix, along with USC and UGA being in there. Rumors of UGA coming up with some sort of $5M plan to put in front of him.

His family is well off and some close to him are saying it’s not about $$$ and he’ll go where he’d get the best coaching for the next level, but money is money. USC is probably the best mix of those two priorities so that’s where I see him going.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not a shock (unless you were being sarcastic), it was just a matter of time. OU is still in the mix, along with USC and UGA being in there. Rumors of UGA coming up with some sort of $5M plan to put in front of him.

His family is well off and some close to him are saying it’s not about $$$ and he’ll go where he’d get the best coaching for the next level, but money is money. USC is probably the best mix of those two priorities so that’s where I see him going.
This is truly surprising imo. He was supposed to be the starting QB and is now transferring. I could understand if he was relegated to back up and left, but as a starter, there is no reason to leave a program like OU.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This is truly surprising imo. He was supposed to be the starting QB and is now transferring. I could understand if he was relegated to back up and left, but as a starter, there is no reason to leave a program like OU.
He is mature beyond his years, and came here with a specific plan in mind (winning and the NFL) that’s been thrown into turmoil. It’s been 50/50 on him staying from the start, trending up or down depending on who you asked. Some thought Theo Wease pulling his name out of the portal and Mims announcing he was staying were solid signs, but it’s still up in the air obviously.

Also, sorry @Carolina Red about pulling Bates. I was surprised at that one as I think he had recently gotten a promotion. He’s almost as big of a get as Turnipseed.

edit: this new era in CFB is nuts… :lol: Our new OC knows this guy from his time at UCF.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I really hope SC gets some DL and OL help in the transfer portal. At this point they may need to scour the frat houses for guys like this to fill out the lines.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
@Raoul Aren’t you a Miami guy? You came within a hair of getting Caleb because he was going to follow Joe Brady there. But they hired an OC today from Oregon so unless Brady is happy to just being a Co-OC/play-caller it’s not happening.

A lot of talk of Brady ending up in Chicago with Harbaugh (if that happens) apparently.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
@Raoul Aren’t you a Miami guy? You came within a hair of getting Caleb because he was going to follow Joe Brady there. But they hired an OC today from Oregon so unless Brady is happy to just being a Co-OC/play-caller it’s not happening.

A lot of talk of Brady ending up in Chicago with Harbaugh (if that happens) apparently.
Yes, although the guy Miami hired isn't the OC, he's a WR coach who is being given a Co-OC title for salary purposes. My best info is that Kendal Briles is the leader among OC candidates. The general sentiment among Canes fans is that we don't need Williams since we already have an established starter who showed a lot of promise last year, as well as another great QB who is nipping at his heels in Jake Garcia. There's also some saying Williams and his Dad are shopping him around for the best NIL deal, which is pretty off putting for me. The leading OC candidates for us right now are Briles, Ken Dorsey (Bills QB coach), or Brady (although I haven't heard him mentioned much lately).

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It would have been polite to get some word of it earlier so we could’ve tried something resembling a trade for Dart instead of committing to Gabriel.

He forced us into a deadline due to when UCLA’s classes started (which is why that all happened so fast last Monday).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I literally could not care less about this game. I also literally have drank all the bourbon. It’s been a rough Monday. feck Bama with a nail studded baseball bat. No lube. War Eagle.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wow, I don’t know how they did it but the refs actually got all the parts of that fumble + sideline recovery right in real-time.

I needed slow motion replays to see it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ, the Liverpool of CFB just won the natty. Difficult to describe how disgusting their fans are going to be here.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That would be Notre Dame.
Close, but the unmitigated delusion of the Georgia fans pips them to the title, especially down here. This debacle tonight will only embolden their insanity & insufferable-ness.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Why is Pickens not mentioned alongside Burks and Wilson, just not as good or well-polished yet?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Georgia fans may be bad, and ND fans are just the worst, but NOTHING compares to a Bama fan. Just consider that callers to the Finebaum show are the median and that half of them a worse than that.