College Football 2021/22

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I’m telling you, PAC-12 is ripe for the taking. Convinced Riley is gonna get SC the PAC-12 championship next season.
Riley is a weak leader who lets his players walk over him, and his teams reflected that. His best team was a Bob Stoops’ team; Rick Neuheisel is his max level, except the latter is far more likable.

But I’m not bitter.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Riley is a weak leader who lets his players walk over him, and his teams reflected that. His best team was a Bob Stoops’ team; Rick Neuheisel is his max level, except the latter is far more likable.

But I’m not bitter.
while you were typing this another 5 star flipped to SC :D

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I’m telling you, PAC-12 is ripe for the taking. Convinced Riley is gonna get SC the PAC-12 championship next season.
Unless they kill it with transfers I think it’s going to be a year before we are competitive. I can not stress enough how bare Helton left the cupboard, both in talent and culture. There was no accountability or responsibility at SC the last 3 years and it shows.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Unless they kill it with transfers I think it’s going to be a year before we are competitive. I can not stress enough how bare Helton left the cupboard, both in talent and culture. There was no accountability or responsibility at SC the last 3 years and it shows.
While all that is true, I think you’re severely discounting how weak the PAC-12 is. Just glad I was there to watch us smash SC at the Coliseum. Gonna be a while before that happens again with Chip at the wheel.

Man of Leisure

But I’m not bitter.
Feck Neuheisel, that piece of shit. Set us back for years.

My buddy is an aspiring musician in the Phoenix area and told me this story where he was playing when Neuheisel and his friends came in. Mind you, my friend basically lives for playing weekend shows at local bars.

Neuheisel strides up to the stage, grabs his guitar and proceeds to play a set while my friend is a **** off to the side. True story. Sorta funny, but what a dickhead.

Carolina Red

Staff
Miami wouldnt get Dabo. Arent they after Cristobal?
My post was about Clemson’s AD, Radakovic.
Only job I could see Dabo leaving Clemson for is Bama. Or am I missing something? @Carolina Red
See above.
Gotta disagree. Dabo is a program builder. One of the few in college football that guarantees immediate success.
That’s cool, but I stand by what I said.

Dabo surrounded himself with good assistants and coordinators and has been a recruiter and motivator. I know which one I’d rather replace on a staff.

Carolina Red

Staff
Could begin that sentence with Saban but would you feel the same result?
You really shouldn’t. Saban was a defensive coordinator at Michigan State and in the NFL (under Bill Belichick) before getting the head coaching job at Michigan State.

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You really shouldn’t. Saban was a defensive coordinator at Michigan State and in the NFL (under Bill Belichick) before getting the head coaching job at Michigan State.
Fair point but has he not delegated much of all the coaching and play calling to assistants he has hired?

Edit: A better comparison would be Jimmy Johnson. He was a master motivator and recruiter but his assistants did most of the coaching. I know this is how it played out in Dallas and guessing in Miami (both levels). He may have been more hands-on in Stillwater before going to Miami.

Last edited:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
My post was about Clemson’s AD, Radakovic.

See above.

That’s cool, but I stand by what I said.

Dabo surrounded himself with good assistants and coordinators and has been a recruiter and motivator. I know which one I’d rather replace on a staff.
I know but ADs have a habit of bring past coaches with them

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I know but ADs have a habit of bring past coaches with them
That wouldn't be happening in this case since Miami are bringing a head coach in, then bringing in an AD to compliment the head coach (which is usually the opposite way around). They also fired their previous AD because the incoming head coach and him didn't get along.

MrMarcello

If Alabama lose and still get in the playoff the whole system is a joke.

Oklahoma State doing their best to lose and yet Baylor keeps giving them hope.

MrMarcello

:lol: First off, thought that def PI in the end zone was a garbage call. But OkState has four downs inside the five, dick around on first two, then almost get intercepted on third down, and then run some trickery on fourth and came up like two inches short.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:lol: First off, thought that def PI in the end zone was a garbage call. But OkState has four downs inside the five, dick around on first two, then almost get intercepted on third down, and then run some trickery on fourth and came up like two inches short.
After being held at the goal line on their previous drive.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
All’s right with the world when Georgia implodes. Fingers crossed.
So the universe is realigning itself; OU will sign a good coordinator like usual as HC in the next few days then and all will be in balance.

I do actually think that will happen. I mean the hiring, not the universe being in balance; not sure exactly how that works with dark matter and all that.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In a surprise to no one, I think there might be a couple 1st round NFL WRs between these Bama and Georgia teams…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Add Georgia to the list. They have this Evertonian complex of being unable to do anything against Alabama when the stakes are high.
They’re more Scouse than Toffee. You can use the chart almost yearly for Georgia. It’s always their year during recruiting & season build up, early season success causes even more certainty of ‘it’s their year’ within the fan base, then reality sets in.

Thankfully Georgia hadn’t won shit yet.

Carolina Red

Staff
The coach who never punts is out at Presbyterian College. Kevin Kelley — who brought his analytics-driven offense to Clinton, South Carolina this past spring — announced on Saturday he’s leaving Presbyterian after just one season to pursue other football opportunities.

Kelley guided the Blue Hose to a 2-9 record after a standout career as the head coach at Pulaski Academy in Little Rock, Arkansas. Presbyterian finished the year ranked No. 1 in the country in passing and No. 3 in total offense at the FCS level this fall.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/football/article256337782.html#storylink=cpy

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
we about to do it. im 30 years old so don't really remember the 97 season. what i do remember is all the painful losses.

2000 vs. Northwestern - the great canary in a coal mine game of the spread offense
2001 vs. Michigan State - the extra second and the obvious hold that allowed msu a walk off touchdown
2001 vs. Tennessee- embarrassed in a bowl game
2002 vs. Notre Dame - Carlyle Holiday fumbled at the 2 and since this was pre-replay the touchdown call stood
2004 vs. Texas - Vince Young went off and texas hit a long walk off field goal
2005 vs. Nebraska - the worst officiated game I've ever seen. The game ended when Nebraskas entire team and coaches was on the field while Michigan's lateral play was live.
2006 vs. Ohio State - 1 v 2, 3 point loss, Shawn Crable late hit on Troy Smith
2007 vs. App State
2007 vs. Wisconsin - Ryan Mallet goes like 10 for 30
2007 vs. Ohio State - Chad Hennes arm is falling off
2008 vs. Toledo
2013 vs. Ohio State - missed 2 point conversion
2015 vs. Michigan State - trouble with the snap
2016 vs. Iowa - walk off field goal
2016 vs. Ohio State - 4th down conversion
2017 vs. Michigan State - monsoon game
2018 vs. Ohio State - crossing patterns
2020 vs. Indiana - first loss in 25 years

The 2020 team was so bad. I wanted harbaugh fired. And somehow this team has pulled it off. We won the big ten. Anything after this is just a bonus.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Apparently SI accidentally published an article that Lanning was hired by OU, and then took it down.

So, naturally Aranda or some random name will be announced soon because…why not?

MrMarcello

Fully expecting the committee to slip Cincinnati or Michigan to fourth in order to place Georgia third and setup a potential SEC rematch in the title game. Yet most of viewing world does not want to see Georgia choke again. So, please, have these two SEC rags meet in the semi. Or better yet, based on yesterday's showing, drop Georgia out and save everyone from their inevitable humiliation. Georgia probably fortunate the SEC East is crap, Clemson had a down year, and scheduling such dross as Charleston Southern, UAB, and their annual GaTech rivalry. Perhaps that 12-0 mark was down to fairly weak slate of opponents.

Man of Leisure

It’ll be Bama #1, Michigan #2, Georgia #3, Cincy #4. Hoping for a UM vs Cincy final, but most likely will be Bama vs Big Blue.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I was just joking about the last bit. Everyone is running with the story that Venables will be announced soon.
More importantly, it looks like Lebby is OC, which will be arguably just as important as a new HC.

Now you just need to prevent all the WRs from hitting the portal as they have.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
More importantly, it looks like Lebby is OC, which will be arguably just as important as a new HC.

Now you just need to prevent all the WRs from hitting the portal as they have.
WRs can be replaced; what we really need is for the hires to inspire Caleb Williams to stay.