College Football 2021/22

Carolina Red

Staff
… and the plane was for Venables.

Well that sucks. Great for him though. Dude is a legend when it comes to setting up a defense. When they were recruiting Boulware, I got a chance to sit down and talk with him some and pick his brain. He talked to me for an hour one time after a clinic about how to stop a Paul Johnson style offense that another high school in our region had been running. One of the coolest hours of my coaching career. He just had so many ways to get guys to the right places from so many different disguised coverages. It was unreal… and it is no wonder he showed the country how to stop Johnson’s flexbone system. Clemson is really really gonna miss having him in the program.

Last edited:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
We had photographic evidence of them at Brent’s place a few hours ago, full Caftite flight-tracking and Carrington photo-grabbing style. :lol:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
2006 vs. Ohio State - 1 v 2, 3 point loss, Shawn Crable late hit on Troy Smith
First game I ever went to (got lucky and got someone's ticket). Didn't even know much about gridiron football, just remember illegally drinking a lot of Natty Light and Fireball that night.

But your historical recollection makes for brutal reading... First loss since Tressel's interim got beat and I'm still not over the nature of the loss, so can't imagine how y'all feel after all those years leading up to last week, and the aftermath of course

Only two faint silver linings out of this: the game has become relevant again for both teams (us saying it was just talk until the defeat, we just had more talent honestly), neutrals, and the sport. Second, OSU knows what the theme of next season (and the prep leading into it) is going to be, and what the first game circled on the calendar will be.

It’ll be Bama #1, Michigan #2, Georgia #3, Cincy #4. Hoping for a UM vs Cincy final, but most likely will be Bama vs Big Blue.
There's a reason to root against every single team on this list

Alabama: how many more do they need?
Georgia: their annual bend over for Alabama irritates me, their latest loss should have disqualified them from any bowl game
Michigan: self explanatory
Cincinnati: feel good story until you realize they have bragging rights over the entire state of Ohio for an entire year

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
… and the plane was for Venables.

Well that sucks. Great for him though. Dude is a legend when it comes to setting up a defense. When they were recruiting Boulware, I got a chance to sit down and talk with him some and pick his brain. He talked to me for an hour one time after a clinic about how to stop a Paul Johnson style offense that another high school in our region had been running. One of the coolest hours of my coaching career. He just had so many ways to get guys to the right places from so many different disguised coverages. It was unreal… and it is no wonder he showed the country how to stop Johnson’s flexbone system. Clemson is really really gonna miss having him in the program.
Gods’ honest truth: I had to explain to my waiter at brunch why I jumped up shaking my fists. It’d take a big ol’ boy to wipe this smile off my face. I hope Clemson will still thrive as a counterweight to the SEC.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Think Alabama v Cincinnati will be a mismatch and won in the trenches just like when they played ND in the title game a few years back. Would enjoy being proven wrong but cannot see past an Alabama win. Committee being cowards for not setting the SEC foes up in the semi, gotta do everything possible to perhaps get a rematch in the title game.

Georgia v Michigan can go either way, hopefully towards the Blue and save all of us another Dawgs choke against Alabama.

Unfortunately, I do no think Michigan's QB can match like-for-like with Alabama's QB and all the weapons he has. But if there is a sports god out there please let Alabama lose.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was. Like… that’s some bush league stuff.
The guy used our program to become a multi-millionaire whilst winning feck all, all the while his Dad (who is the former mayor of Miami, was working a behind the scenes campaign to keep his kid on the job). Good riddance.

Carolina Red

Staff
The guy used our program to become a multi-millionaire whilst winning feck all, all the while his Dad (who is the former mayor of Miami, was working a behind the scenes campaign to keep his kid on the job). Good riddance.
There’s still a right way and a wrong way to do things.

In that case: Have some class. Oh wait… we’re talking about “the U”.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
There are tweets within the link but I cannot view/post them on the work pc.

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-lands-no-2-college-181415792.html
Michigan lands at No. 2 in College Football Playoff and fans think the fix is in

But many college football followers are suspicous. Michigan did everything it was supposed to after its lone loss to Michigan State, beating Ohio State and Iowa in one-sided affairs. Winning the Big Ten championship game by 39 points didn't sway the group led by CFP chair Gary Barta, who watched his Hawkeyes get embarrassed in Indianapolis.

On-air personalities and fans wondered if the rankings were simply be manipulated to avoid a Bama-Georgia rematch in the semifinals. Others rolled their eyes at the idea of an all-SEC national title game.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
There are tweets within the link but I cannot view/post them on the work pc.

https://sports.yahoo.com/michigan-lands-no-2-college-181415792.html
Michigan lands at No. 2 in College Football Playoff and fans think the fix is in

But many college football followers are suspicous. Michigan did everything it was supposed to after its lone loss to Michigan State, beating Ohio State and Iowa in one-sided affairs. Winning the Big Ten championship game by 39 points didn't sway the group led by CFP chair Gary Barta, who watched his Hawkeyes get embarrassed in Indianapolis.

On-air personalities and fans wondered if the rankings were simply be manipulated to avoid a Bama-Georgia rematch in the semifinals. Others rolled their eyes at the idea of an all-SEC national title game.
wouldnt surprise me

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
We brought back Schmitty, the psycho S&C coach. This team will be much different next year, to say the least. :lol:

Also looks like we have locked up Lebby, the OC who has been learning from Kiffin. He was our first choice and top remaining priority.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
So college watchers, what's everyone's WR prospects rankings?

From the limited footage and highlights I've seen, for me it's Burks > Wilson > Olave > London > Williams as top 5 with the likes of Dotson, Pickens, Bell a tier below.

Feel like this class could be special. They're all so different from each other as well which makes it even more interesting.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

From the limited footage and highlights I've seen, for me it's Burks > Wilson > Olave > London > Williams as top 5 with the likes of Dotson, Pickens, Bell a tier below.

Feel like this class could be special. They're all so different from each other as well which makes it even more interesting.
Nice try…trying to steal my pick in the next draft. ;)

Burks, London, Wilson are tier 1, with one of those maybe in their own tier. Jameson Williams looked fast as feck on a field with a lot of fast people in the SEC CCG, and will be moving up boards. People might be replacing one of those first three with him. Pickens might end up being the best of them all, but is riskier so is docked a level or two.

It is a deep class, and you’re right about it being very good; it’s the redeeming factor of this draft as far as fantasy goes.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

1. London
2. Williams
3. Wilson
4. Olave
5. Burks

I would also keep an eye out on Pickens and Ross in the pros. Ross in particular, was earlier in his career and has the potential to be very effective at the next level.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have an account there. Not surprising given all the changes there, as well as the fact that they are coming off a down year.
I held off for a long time on getting an account but for $3 a month it's a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I held off for a long time on getting an account but for $3 a month it's a great deal.

Florida, UGA, Miami and USC have already contacted him
Who added that on to my post? USC has a coach thank you very much!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
This is going to be a wild recruiting and ’transfer window’.

I find it hilarious the top QB Ewers opted for Ohio State early out of HS because he could make more money off NIL in Ohio at his age and is going right back to Texas (supposedly).