College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Question guys, college sports is split into divisions in the US, is there promotion and relegation between those divisions?
No, but recently teams have been moving around to form super conferences, so in essence, yes.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
They picked up the flag on this one…I don’t get BigXii refs.

edit: couldn’t trust the flag so they just caught it this time. Catch of the year candidate for us:

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Assuming these four win out my guess is:
1 Georgia vs 4 USC
2 Michigan vs 3 TCU
Though, in true committee bullshit they might put USC at three just for a Big 10/PAC 12 blah blah.

But, should let's say TCU lose to K-State (or Texas) next weekend that's them out.
Or what if USC were to lose to Oregon or Utah?
Or what if Georgia lose to LSU but the others still win out - does a two-loss SEC winning LSU get a nod over say USC while Georgia still gets in?
Or what if there's multiple losses above?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
No, but recently teams have been moving around to form super conferences, so in essence, yes.
But it's far more Super League than pro/rel. Texas has fewer 8+ win seasons in the last decade than Duke football but got an invite to the SEC.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Assuming these four win out my guess is:
1 Georgia vs 4 USC
2 Michigan vs 3 TCU
Though, in true committee bullshit they might put USC at three just for a Big 10/PAC 12 blah blah.

But, should let's say TCU lose to K-State (or Texas) next weekend that's them out.
Or what if USC were to lose to Oregon or Utah?
Or what if Georgia lose to LSU but the others still win out - does a two-loss SEC winning LSU get a nod over say USC while Georgia still gets in?
Or what if there's multiple losses above?
No need to include LSU...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They picked up the flag on this one…I don’t get BigXii refs.

edit: couldn’t trust the flag so they just caught it this time. Catch of the year candidate for us:

Thoughts on Wease entering the portal ? Is he heading to USC or what ?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Thoughts on Wease entering the portal ? Is he heading to USC or what ?
He might be. Not too fussed, though he did finally look like ‘that guy’ in his final game.

In other news, that I haven’t fact-checked mind, OU and Texas have gotten 1 and 2 OL holding calls respectively in their favor since declaring for the SEC. Hmmm…

Last edited:

MrMarcello

Xavier Worthy is rumored to enter the portal this off-season, was rumored to do the same thing last time around. Might be something in it this time. Scrubbed UT stuff off his IG account but hasn't off other social medias, whatever that means.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Anyone else noticing the full court press by ESPN/Athletic/etc. to push the "UAT should be in the CFP" narrative? Embarrassing. They have beat 2 ranked teams (both only 8-4 and ranked 21 and 25).

adexkola

Supports
Anyone else noticing the full court press by ESPN/Athletic/etc. to push the "UAT should be in the CFP" narrative? Embarrassing. They have beat 2 ranked teams (both only 8-4 and ranked 21 and 25).
I am avoiding ESPN until after next Saturday.

But I am not surprised. In any case, how does Alabama leapfrog OSU? Unless TCU AND USC get destroyed in their championship games...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I am avoiding ESPN until after next Saturday.

But I am not surprised. In any case, how does Alabama leapfrog OSU? Unless TCU AND USC get destroyed in their championship games...
Just a taste of the garbage: What fifth College Football Playoff rankings should look like (espn.com)
• The Tide still rank fourth in SP+ and second in FPI. They still bring loads of raw quality to the table. They have clearly been sloppier than usual this year, but that says more about what we expect from them than it does about their actual level of play this season.

• While Ohio State, Tennessee and Penn State have all suffered blowout losses this season, Bama has lost by a combined four points on the road to teams that will rank somewhere around seventh and 13th on Tuesday night. One could make a case that the Tide's two losses are more forgivable (in a CFP sense) than Ohio State's one.

• Per SP+, only Tennessee has faced a tougher schedule among this week's likely CFP top 10. The committee has rewarded quality schedules in the past.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
this SC defense is embarrassing

edit: still embarrassing

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Pretty sure I am just going to go to bed now instead of watching the inevitable second half collapse. Don’t want to wake up in a bad mood for World Cup madness day!

MrMarcello

Goddamit USC, you had one fecking job.

I'd take Ohio State over Alabama regardless of the weak schedule for the former. I still hold that if a team cannot win its division, let alone its conference, it has no business in a title game or four-team playoff. Been saying it for years but this year with so many two-loss teams it's more difficult to argue that I guess.

Course, it really gets fecked if TCU lose.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Spooky how accurate this waste
It was the most apparent thing to ever happen. I'm not sure if it was @Organic Potatoes or maybe I read it somewhere else, but they mentioned that they were not worried about losing the DC (Grinch) when Lincoln left. He has no ability to make changes in game. None. SC usually starts decent defensively, but in the second half they get brutalized. Part of that is a lack of depth, but more of it is that dude just being over matched tactically. The other issue is a poor O-line made poorer by injuries. Unless Riley addresses the talent gap on both lines and in the LB group this season will be repeated next season.

Goddamit USC, you had one fecking job.
If you were counting on SC to do that do you had more faith than I did. I really hope TCU wins today so that we can see the national media and CFP committee make the most awkward and outrageous case ever to jump UAT over OSU.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It was the most apparent thing to ever happen. I'm not sure if it was @Organic Potatoes or maybe I read it somewhere else, but they mentioned that they were not worried about losing the DC (Grinch) when Lincoln left. He has no ability to make changes in game. None. SC usually starts decent defensively, but in the second half they get brutalized. Part of that is a lack of depth, but more of it is that dude just being over matched tactically. The other issue is a poor O-line made poorer by injuries. Unless Riley addresses the talent gap on both lines and in the LB group this season will be repeated next season.

If you were counting on SC to do that do you had more faith than I did. I really hope TCU wins today so that we can see the national media and CFP committee make the most awkward and outrageous case ever to jump UAT over OSU.
This was a vintage Riley/Grinch game. S&C was also a huge problem though if I recall we only got one year with his current one.

MrMarcello

Why not have the QB push up and stick the ball over the plane from a few inches? Or have the backs run up and push the QB forward?

Weird conservative call. Play took too long to develop for a straight-forward draw up the left guard's ass. Dumb play, no misdirection or proper lead blocking. And either the C or LG pulled out and didn't plug the running lane which allowed two K-State defenders to cave the line where the FB could only pick up one guy. Disaster play all around.

MrMarcello

Georgia laying the wood to LSU. Looked like a good one in the making the opening ten minutes or so.

Even though TCU lost they still have one fewer defeats than Alabama as does Ohio State, it would be horseshit for @WI_Red least favorite school to get in.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Georgia laying the wood to LSU. Looked like a good one in the making the opening ten minutes or so.

Even though TCU lost they still have one fewer defeats than Alabama as does Ohio State, it would be horseshit for @WI_Red least favorite school to get in.
But you just know they will. Timing of the loss(es) & all that horseshit.

MrMarcello

The way I see it is TCU lost in a conference championship game because they earned their right to play in this meaningless game. And that's because the SEC created this monster back in the early 90s for money, no other reason. Then everyone followed suit as it was an easy cash grab under the guise of conference championship. This led to the eventual breakup of conferences to create divisions in stronger conferences to also get this cash grab. Meanwhile, Alabama didn't make their conference cash-grab game this year because they lost to LSU who is currently getting roasted by Georgia who also crushed Tennessee another team that beat Alabama. So, in other words, Alabama and the SEC can each go feck themselves.

adexkola

Supports
The way I see it is TCU lost in a conference championship game because they earned their right to play in this meaningless game. And that's because the SEC created this monster back in the early 90s for money, no other reason. Then everyone followed suit as it was an easy cash grab under the guise of conference championship. This led to the eventual breakup of conferences to create divisions in stronger conferences to also get this cash grab. Meanwhile, Alabama didn't make their conference cash-grab game this year because they lost to LSU who is currently getting roasted by Georgia who also crushed Tennessee another team that beat Alabama. So, in other words, Alabama and the SEC can each go feck themselves.
Hear hear

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Or the committee can rub their greedy little fingers together and welcome in UAT. I think we all know which scenario is going to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.