College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Starting eleven v. starting eleven, it would be a good game. Where UGA will separate will be in the second & third stringers.

I can see a 34-17 result, if not worse.
I think these games are won in the DL/OL battles where the bigger schools have the hogs and thus the advantage. I fear an Alabama/Notre Dame type result tonight.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, that’s just flat out embarrassing trotting Lee Corso out there in the state he is in. He & Berman just need to be mercifully put out to pasture.

Carolina Red

Staff
Just a problem of seeding.

Ohio State vs UGA shoulda been the champ finals. Michigan vs TCU was the consi finals. I know Michigan beat Ohio State, but I don’t think they match up as well against UGA.

Also highlights that 4 is too small a field, because I feel that OSU / Michigan wasn’t played because they didn’t wanna make a rematch.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Just a problem of seeding.

Ohio State vs UGA shoulda been the champ finals. Michigan vs TCU was the consi finals. I know Michigan beat Ohio State, but I don’t think they match up as well against UGA.

Also highlights that 4 is too small a field, because I feel that OSU / Michigan wasn’t played because they didn’t wanna make a rematch.
I don't think OSU would've made it competitive either. UGA are just executing on another level right now. That's what 3-4 years of #1 rated recruiting classes gets you (even though I'm not a star guy).

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Has a 25+ year old college player ever been selected in the NFL draft?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He played minor league baseball before he went and played major college football. One of the most unathletic looking athletic people you’d ever see.
Yep, an Adonis at all. Got us into three straight natty games though. Should have won all three.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Eh

He'll end up similar to AJ McCarron
He's closer to Heinicke or Purdy imo, and I'm sure NFL teams will take a closer look at Bennett given Purdy's success.

Beyond that, he's more experienced than your average draftee given his age and is playing at a very high level at the moment.

Will probably end up a late draft pick who comes in under the radar and winds up surprising fans that his college performances weren't a one off.

Last edited:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I know Ohio State and Michigan gave us two entertaining games but if you're going to put 2 teams from one Conference in the playoffs, as things stand right now they should definitely be from the SEC. I honestly believe that the 3 best teams in the country are Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee - probably in that order.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I know Ohio State and Michigan gave us two entertaining games but if you're going to put 2 teams from one Conference in the playoffs, as things stand right now they should definitely be from the SEC. I honestly believe that the 3 best teams in the country are Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee - probably in that order.
I'll give you Tennessee and Georgia. The loss to SC didn't do you guys any favors.

Alabama though? They have a coaching issue I believe (not Saban, his OCs).

The 12 team playoffs will help resolve this.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He's closer to Heinicke or Purdy imo, and I'm sure NFL teams will take a closer look at Bennett given Purdy's success.

Beyond that, he's more experienced than your average draftee given his age and is playing at a very high level at the moment.

Will probably end up a late draft pick who comes in under the radar and winds up surprising fans that his college performances weren't a one off.
My post is partly motivated by hate.

Definitely late draft pick... He'll be a starter QB injury/awesome training camp away from getting a shot.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Amazing stat, but I am guessing this comes to an end next year as a quick check of the way too early top 25 shows not a single GA QB as a projected starter.
Also interesting that all of this happened during a Bama dynasty but none of them went there.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Should the playoff system change / is 4 teams not enough?

Since Bama's OT win in '18, margin of victory for the winner has been 58 (this year), then 15, 28, 17 and 28 points. Or just an anomaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.