College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Should the playoff system change / is 4 teams not enough?

Since Bama's OT win in '18, margin of victory for the winner has been 58 (this year), then 15, 28, 17 and 28 points. Or just an anomaly?
System is going to 12 teams in the coming years. This should help weed out charlatans like TCU, Cincinnati, & Notre Dame from getting to the championship game.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Charlatans?? ..get to feck. Look at their schedule every year genius :houllier:
Nothing particularly challenging this past year’s schedule, ACC augmented by Ohio State & USC, yet embarrassing games like Navy & Marshall (which they lost!).

Their recent history in the playoffs is actually what I was discussing where they are charlatans, just like the other two teams who were severely out of their depth.

Thinking ND is any kind of powerhouse or plays a powerhouse schedule is just :lol: .

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Nothing particularly challenging this past year’s schedule, ACC augmented by Ohio State & USC, yet embarrassing games like Navy & Marshall (which they lost!).

Their recent history in the playoffs is actually what I was discussing where they are charlatans, just like the other two teams who were severely out of their depth.

Thinking ND is any kind of powerhouse or plays a powerhouse schedule is just :lol: .
Aye you are just being a twat and know nothing about College Football. Probably a Michigan fan. :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Aye you are just being a twat and know nothing about College Football. Probably a Michigan fan. :lol:
Nope, been an FSU fan for thirty years. If you actually think Notre Dame is currently in the upper strata of college football teams, it speaks volumes to your lack of knowledge about the sport. :lol:

Ramshock

Nope, been an FSU fan for thirty years. If you actually think Notre Dame is currently in the upper strata of college football teams, it speaks volumes to your lack of knowledge about the sport. :lol:
HAHA Feck Shop University??? :lol: :lol: I can see where the bitterness comes from now. Didnt like those last two slappings did you? You arent even the third best team in the All Clemson Conference ffs :lol:

Same conference record as Duke and Pittsburgh deary me

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
HAHA Feck Shop University??? :lol: :lol: I can see where the bitterness comes from now. Didnt like those last two slappings did you? You arent even the third best team in the All Clemson Conference ffs :lol:

Same conference record as Duke and Pittsburgh deary me
Yep, 48th position in strength of schedule is truly elite, isn't it? Only two higher than FSU. You'd think a daytripping team who averages 32-9 losses in college football playoff games would want to play better teams to toughen up a bit.

Y'all haven't won a natty since the option was in vogue! We've won three. Truly a powerhouse you are! Losing to Marshall! Keep it up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

e - totally forgot about that nail biter against Bama in 2013! You almost had it that year too! :lol:

Ramshock

Yep, 48th position in strength of schedule is truly elite, isn't it? Only two higher than FSU. You'd think a daytripping team who averages 32-9 losses in college football playoff games would want to play better teams to toughen up a bit.

Y'all haven't won a natty since the option was in vogue! We've won three. Truly a powerhouse you are! Losing to Marshall! Keep it up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone from FSU trying to make fun of another program. A program not big enough for Jimbo fecking Fisher haha Thats just the bitter end :lol:

FSU the Nottingham Forest of College Football :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Someone from FSU trying to make fun of another program. A program not big enough for Jimbo fecking Fisher haha Thats just the bitter end :lol:
All about scoreboard, sport. Some teams claim moral victories & unclaimed nattys, other teams win them. You literally ran the option during your last championship season! :lol:

Imagine thinking ND isn't a championship charlatan since the BCS was created 1998. Imagine being that guy! :lol:

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

FSU the Nottingham Forest of College Football :lol:
Hold on, hold on. Well, you do deserve some props. Y'all won the Independents 'conference' this past year! What an achievement! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nottingham Forest? We've literally won a championship since your 2012 debacle (& only NC finalist) game. Y'all actually trumpet finalist appearance! You couldn't make this up. :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yes just leave...like Jimbo did...to a bigger program :lol:

See you in 2024 semenholes :lol:
Telling that you can't argue nattys & are harping on inconsequential events that happen to all programs.

When are you having the 2022 Independent Conference banner raised? Blue-Gold game?

What's even more hilarious is that y'all had to grow the grass long in 1993 & bog down the game in SB in order to beat us. Y'all had a path to the championship game but you couldn't even beat Boston fecking College the next game! Thanks for the natty present! :lol:

Keep praying to Touchdown Jesus for next year's Independent Conference repeat! Those banners are truly program builders! :lol:

Ramshock

Telling that you can't argue nattys & are harping on inconsequential events that happen to all programs.

When are you having the 2022 Independent Conference banner raised? Blue-Gold game?

What's even more hilarious is that y'all had to grow the grass long in 1993 & bog down the game in SB in order to beat us. Y'all had a path to the championship game but you couldn't even beat Boston fecking College the next game! Thanks for the natty present! :lol:

Keep praying to Touchdown Jesus for next year's Independent Conference repeat! Those banners are truly program builders! :lol:
I tell you what you FSU girls are a touchy lot. :lol:

My missus is a Vol im well aware of the anti ND bias in America. I lived in SEC country for a decade.
Big programs like Alabama and Spurriers Florida came to Neyland Stadium a few times. Even saw the mighty Irish there too once. Incidentally my first National title experience was watching Tennessee outlast Bobby Bouchers semenholes. Im well versed in all things fuball in the south, even formerly great programs as yourselves. :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It really isn't a bias against ND, it's just simple inconsequentiality. The only real win your program can hang its hat on since your last NC is AFI putting 'Rudy' on one of its top one hundred lists in 2006. No doubt there's a banner somewhere glorifying that! :lol:

That game was disappointing, Weinke was out with a neck injury & had to play our second stringer, Marcus fecking Outzen. Still were in it til late in the game. I was in Tempe watching the game. Watching a national championship game must be a unique experience for you, isn't it? :lol:

Thanks for the hearty laughs at a charlatan program this AM, wasn't expecting such merriment!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My DC in high school would have taken me out for pizza if I made a play like this. Amazing what was kosher back then...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
CJ Stroud isn't seriously considering going back to OSU is he?

Him not declaring yet is making me nervous.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
CJ Stroud isn't seriously considering going back to OSU is he?

Him not declaring yet is making me nervous.
I'd assume the only shockers coming from players being okay with the NIL money would be at RB. No one would normally choose coming out next year over this one at QB surely...

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'd assume the only shockers coming from players being okay with the NIL money would be at RB. No one would normally choose coming out next year over this one at QB surely...
From memory I can't think of anyone other than Williams who would be his competition for the #1 QB pick in 24. This draft he has Young and Levis. Still doesn't make that much sense though.

whitbyviking

If Lovie Smith's last ditch win with the Texans was indeed revenge, imagine how much sweeter it would be for him if Stroud isn't in the draft and someone trades into the Number 1 slot to pinch the remaining QB from the 2 most vaunted prospects :lol:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah if Stroud somehow doesn't declare, the race for #1 pick is gonna tighten up surely.

But still can't see him returning to Ohio State to be honest, no idea why he'd do that. If anything his stock is as high as it's going to get after his performance in the CFP, and next year he'd be second fiddle after Williams.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Charbonnet, Corum and Boutte (declared because of off the field stuff going on at LSU) last year and this one are three off the top of my head who'd likely have declared if not for NIL money? Olave and Dotson were seniors too but not sure NIL had anything to do with their choice.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Am I crazy in thinking that Young will not be a top NFL QB? Dud'es talented, but he is "barely" 6 foot tall and short dudes just don't last at an elite level in the NFL unless they are all time guys (Brees). I'm probably biased since he plays at UAT and ditched SC for Alabama.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Am I crazy in thinking that Young will not be a top NFL QB? Dud'es talented, but he is "barely" 6 foot tall and short dudes just don't last at an elite level in the NFL unless they are all time guys (Brees). I'm probably biased since he plays at UAT and ditched SC for Alabama.
Russell Wilson and Kyler are also small dudes but at least they're > 200lbs if I'm not mistaken.

Also a question mark how he'd do with less than ideal protection if his O-line isn't as good as what he's used to in college.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I think the exact same.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well he makes Kyler look like a big dude in comparison; he'd be a one-off. That said I've seen him win tough games against the best competition he could face and he's still the favorite to go #1 so I don't know what to think.

The top of the QB and WR classes are both a bit confounding for me, though at least with WR I'm at peace with who I'm taking in the draft were it today (this could change by tomorrow...:wenger:).

Status
Not open for further replies.