College Football 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Red

Staff
No offense to the dude, but that was not the Mater Dei he played against, it was another MD down in San Diego I think. I checked their schedule and they did come up North to play Alemany, which is a traditionally strong program, and lost. I think he had under 100 yards. None of this is to shit on him, just to temper expectations. Tape does look special though, just wish he played stronger competition.
My guy is a 4 star rated RB and just put up the best stat line in the country this week, so yeah… :lol:

Sorry he didn’t pick USC

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My guy is a 4 star rated RB and just put up the best stat line in the country this week, so yeah… :lol:

Sorry he didn’t pick USC
Has nothing to do with who he picked. I would bet he is a fantastic talent, I was only commenting that the level of competition was likely shit. There are a bunch of small catholic HS’s in CA that are really, really bad at football. My HS was one of them. National power in basketball, but really bad at football (we won 1 game the 4 years I attended).

He is almost assuredly a phenomenal talent, I was just trying to add context to the stat line.

@Man of Leisure and I have traded CA HS football stories back and forth, and I think he will back me up when I say that in CA there are catholic football teams and then there are catholic football teams.

Carolina Red

Staff
Has nothing to do with who he picked. I would bet he is a fantastic talent, I was only commenting that the level of competition was likely shit. There are a bunch of small catholic HS’s in CA that are really, really bad at football. My HS was one of them. National power in basketball, but really bad at football (we won 1 game the 4 years I attended).

He is almost assuredly a phenomenal talent, I was just trying to add context to the stat line.

@Man of Leisure and I have traded CA HS football stories back and forth, and I think he will back me up when I say that in CA there are catholic football teams and then there are catholic football teams.
I dunno man, maybe they graduated a lot of players, but that Mater Dei team he played Friday night was 13-0 and state champions last year.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I dunno man, maybe they graduated a lot of players, but that Mater Dei team he played Friday night was 13-0 and state champions last year.
Hmm, didn’t think to look at their previous year, just saw they were 0-4 this year. Doesn’t matter either way, the kid looks fantastic. We’ll see how he does at the next level. I am likely an anomaly, but I like it when UCLA is good. They do it rarely (;)), but it helps both schools.

As an aside, @Man of Leisure , this popped into my YouTube feed and I thought you might appreciate it

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Can’t stomach to watch through that entire video. I’ll say two things though: 1) Trinity league (Catholic school league in So CA) is the best hs football league in the nation and 2) Matt Grootegoed is the best high school football player I’ve ever seen.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Can’t stomach to watch through that entire video. I’ll say two things though: 1) Trinity league (Catholic school league in So CA) is the best hs football league in the nation and 2) Matt Grootegoed is the best high school football player I’ve ever seen.
Grootegoed was really, really good (he was offensive and defensive POG in the state title game!!!!), but for me it was DJ Williams by a hair. The fact they were both on the field that night was amazing and being there is still a top 5 sporting moment for me.

Daylon McCutcheon was the best player (single game performance) I ever saw live. I saw him play his senior year and he was unreal.

Carolina Red

Staff
What can we do. Maybe next time Jimbo should't allow himself to get cucked at home on national TV by a minnowish school in the preceding week.
:lol:

Said minnowish school being... App State

As an aside... As a Clemson fan, I strongly encourage Miami to schedule App State

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It's grotesque but to add to that sensationalist headline the cost included a handful more recruits on the same trip, something like eight total recruits plus family members that tagged along (heard this on ESPN the other day).

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's grotesque but to add to that sensationalist headline the cost included a handful more recruits on the same trip, something like eight total recruits plus family members that tagged along (heard this on ESPN the other day).
It’s jaw dropping what was spent. And there was a group of 14 recruits in the near future (the next weekend?) on whom UTA spent even more $.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I hope Gus Johnson is okay. Got replaced at play by play by Klatt in the middle of the game because he wasn’t feeling well…don’t see that very often. I like the energy he provides.

Kanak the true freshman who followed Venables from being a Clemson commit looked impressive after a senior LB got ejected. Already a fan favorite. Good to see OU looking like old OU, regardless of the opponent.

late edit:

Last edited:

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Those plays are total flukes mostly but I think the secondary coaches will have a field day on why every single player back there closed in on the ball versus having a few players assigned to remain in lateral zones to contain a fluke catch/run. They had nearly twice the numbers advantage at 7-4, should not get beat like that.

Total heads up play by AS#13 though.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not condoning it but coaches yelling at players is an ancient tradition... I've heard of and seen worse!
Shit, I didn’t post the whole clip tweet. It started with a close up of the poor QB who was taking that barrage.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Kiper's current draft board:
  1. Will Anderson Jr., DE – Alabama Crimson Tide
  2. CJ Stroud, QB – Ohio State Buckeyes
  3. Jalen Carter, DT – Georgia Bulldogs
  4. Will Levis, QB – Kentucky Wildcats
  5. Bryan Bresee, DT – Clemson Tigers
  6. Bryce Young, QB – Alabama Crimson Tide
  7. Bijan Robinson, RB – Texas Longhorns
  8. Paris Johnson Jr., OT – Ohio State Buckeyes
  9. Peter Skoronski, OT – Northwestern Wildcats
  10. Jordan Addison, WR – USC Trojans
  11. Andre Carter II, OLB – Army Black Knights
  12. Jaxson Smith-Njigba, WR – Ohio State Buckeyes
  13. Kayshon Boutte, WR – LSU Tigers
  14. Drew Sanders, LB – Arkansas Razorbacks
  15. Anthony Richardson, QB – Florida Gators
  16. Michael Mayer, TE – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  17. Joey Porter Jr., CB – Penn State Nittany Lions
  18. Myles Murphy, DE – Clemson Tigers
  19. Cam Smith, CB – South Carolina Gamecocks
  20. Kelee Ringo, CB – Georgia Bulldogs
  21. Tyler Van Dyke, QB – Miami Hurricanes
  22. Isaiah Foskey, OLB – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  23. Tuli Tuipulotu, DL – USC Trojans
  24. Daiyan Henley, OLB – Washington State Cougars
  25. Jaelyn Duncan, OT – Maryland Terrapins

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I would have Addison much higher (# 3 or 4)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We (most anyway) might have been too low on Addison because of his weight; he’s a baller.

The guys that pay really close attention to game speeds and whatnot all seem to think we’re too high on Mayer. They think he isn’t going to test well.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We (most anyway) might have been too low on Addison because of his weight; he’s a baller.

The guys that pay really close attention to game speeds and whatnot all seem to think we’re too high on Mayer. They think he isn’t going to test well.
I take Kiper with a massive pinch of salt. I do like Addison and JSN as the main receivers. Will Anderson will probably wind up a Texan imo.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
CJ is too high. I like the kid but wouldn't take him at #2, more of an NFL prospect at the moment. May revise after the end of the season.
I think he's that high because he has an absurdly good TD to INT ratio (44/6) and passed for nearly 4.5k yards last year as a redshirt freshman. I would definitely take him over the likes of Young, as I think he's a more prolific passer who is better suited for the league.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Personally, I would have Addison staying for his Senior year :D

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Personally, I would have Addison staying for his Senior year :D

Fortunately the QB will stick around. Unfortunately, your lead RB, who looks like he's old enough to retire from the NFL, will finally be departing college football at age 26.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fortunately the QB will stick around. Unfortunately, your lead RB, who looks like he's old enough to retire from the NFL, will finally be departing college football at age 26.
That's fine (I think), skill players are not the issue. I am terrified of what is going to happen along the lines and in the linebacking corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.