Fernandinho
De Bruyne
Gundogan

Mane
Aguero
Salah

4-3 to the Red Gunners

Don't give me flack for my teams
Stick Thiago in over Gundogan and I'd argue TAA RB with Cancelo LB.

Manky Scousers. :lol:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thiago and Fernandinho? That much shithousery can't be allowed
It's fairly similar to Fabinho and Thiago now. Thiago can't do that defensive midfield role that well but thrives when he's got someone next to him to do it. KDB in the advanced 8 in midfield and the front three is great. I feel like Salah and Aguero would get in each others way maybe but still.

Cancelo and TAA as full backs would be outstanding.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What a monstrous proposition that double pivot of Keane Viera is.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Honestly refereeing might play a part in this, if we go by the more lad standards of the previous era the advantage will lie with the old timers i reckon.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tricky as the current Liverpool and City sides benefit from two decades development in tactics, coaching, sports science, analytics, best practice in preparation, etc. Both the United and Arsenal team as were would obviously lose out in a league race with the current City and Liverpool sides but that hardly means the latter have innately better players.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Tricky as the current Liverpool and City sides benefit from two decades development in tactics, coaching, sports science, analytics, best practice in preparation, etc. Both the United and Arsenal team as were would obviously lose out in a league race with the current City and Liverpool sides but that hardly means the latter have innately better players.

Kaushal

4-3-3
Schmeichel

Irwin
Stam
Campbell
Ashley cole

Keane
Vieira
Scholes

Beckham
Giggs
Henry

OR
3-4-1-2 (experiment to destroy city pool)

Schmeichel.

Campbell Stam Rio

Beckham Vieira. Keane. Giggs.

Scholes

Ruud. Henry

OmarUnited4ever

I'd go with 433 for both formations for a better match-up.

Schmeichel

Neville Stam Campbell Irwin

Scholes Keane Viera

Pires Henry Giggs

==========================

Allison

TAA Dias VVD Cancelo

Gundogan Fabinho KDB

Salah Aguero Mane

Manchester-Arsenal combined side would be very solid defensively (Schmeichel-Stam-Campbell-Keane), while City-Liverpool will have huge goal threat from the front 5(Silva-KDB-Salah-Aguro-Mane).

I would say Henry's presence would edge it for Manchester-Arsenal

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I like how @horsechoker has taken pity on the scousecity scum by adjusting the years.

Including Evra, Cole, Rooney and Ronaldo would totally destroy them.
Arsenal weren't that relevant when Rooney, Ronaldo and Evra were in their prime, unless you want that period to be 1998-2008?

paulscholes18

Schmeichel
Irwin Stam Rio Cole
Beckham Scholes Keane Overmars
Yorke Henry
Vs
Mane Aguero Salah
Silva KDB
Fernandinho
Cancelo VVD Kompany TAA
Ederson

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
United/Chelsea 2005-2009 combined team would be interesting
Yeah then you’d be getting peak Chelsea and in my opinion peak United as well. Your 07/08 side was your strongest under Fergie if you ask me. Could have Cech in goal, Terry and Ferdinand playing together, and a midfield of Lampard, Scholes and Keane maybe? Makelele missing out seems harsh.

Ronaldo Rooney and Drogba as a front three perhaps. Not entirely balanced but very strong.

Siorac

Yeah then you’d be getting peak Chelsea and in my opinion peak United as well. Your 07/08 side was your strongest under Fergie if you ask me. Could have Cech in goal, Terry and Ferdinand playing together, and a midfield of Lampard, Scholes and Keane maybe? Makelele missing out seems harsh.

Ronaldo Rooney and Drogba as a front three perhaps. Not entirely balanced but very strong.
If we're talking 2005-2009 then Roy Keane has no place in that team, he was finished by then.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Makelele, Essien, Ballack, Carrick or whoever instead of Keane. As he wasn't around.

arnie_ni

There isn't that really many debatable decisions in the city Liverpool team except what 2 of the 3 fullbacks you play.

Youd rarely see 2 of the same 11s in the United arse or United Chelsea teams as mentioned further on

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, i would imagine the manky scousers win handily given the red gunners are in their 40s/50s...

Red the Bear

Something less generic

I prefer our late 90s side in all honesty but yeah having it mixed with prime Chelsea would be horrifying.

NoPace

Chelsea/United 04/11 would beat both
Why this combo?

I was trying to work out what the best combined squad in Prem history would be.

Maybe United 08 and Arsenal 04?

---Henry--------------------------------------
-------------------Rooney---------Ronaldo
---------Vieira----------Scholes----------
-----------------Carrick----------------------
Evra/Cole-Rio--Vidic--------Lauren
--------------------VDS------------------------

Feels weird to have Lauren in there but RB is the weakest Prem position by far. Perfect midfield balance and 2 terrifying wide forwards. Rooney as a false 9 (or Tevez if you prefer, I'm not picking Bergkamp because I want more pressing, defending and physicality there so Cristiano and Henry can attack freely).

This is probably wrong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Big Pete
TAA-Stam-VVD-Cancelo
Vieira
De Bruyne-Beckham
Salah-Henry-Mane

Combined XI between all 4

Kopral Jono

It's a tough one. My team for Man Arse would be Schmeichel; Cole, Campbell, Stam, Neville; Scholes, Keane, Vieira; Pires, Henry and Overmars. 4-3-3. Fergie as manager. Manky Scousers, also 4-3-3: Allison; Cancelo, Van Dijk, Kompany, TAA; Thiago, Fernandinho, Silva; De Bruyne, Aguero and Salah. Klopp as manager. Manky Scousers have a clear advantage attacking-wise but Keane and Vieira (and Schmeichel and Cole and Stam and Scholes) will sort them out. It would probably end in a fiery draw with a sending off or two. A 2-2 draw sounds just about right.

But I ultimately agree with what some of you are saying that a combined Chelsea and United team from 2004 to 2009 would most likely beat both. Heck, you could easily make two teams of more or less equal strength out of them, just take your pick -- 4-3-3 for the sake of consistency: Cech; Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Brown; Scholes, Makelele, Essien; Ronaldo, Drogba and Rooney or Van der Sar; Evra, Vidic, Carvalho, Gallas; Lampard, Hargreaves, Carrick; Nani, Tevez and Robben. And the players I've left out include the likes of Ferreira, Fletcher, Ballack, Park, Giggs, Gudjohnsen and Berbatov!

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Big Pete
TAA-Stam-VVD-Cancelo
Vieira
De Bruyne-Beckham
Salah-Henry-Mane

Combined XI between all 4
No way do 6 of the current City and Liverpool team make a combined 11.

Irwin > Cancelo
Giggs > Mane

I would also argue for Neville over TAA because of TAA's inability to defend very well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No way do 6 of the current City and Liverpool team make a combined 11.

Irwin > Cancelo
Giggs > Mane

I would also argue for Neville over TAA because of TAA's inability to defend very well.
Honestly Henry and Stam are the only two guys from those teams i'm sure of actually. The others were more of a toss up.

Could have easily gone Alisson, TAA, Stam, VVD, Cancelo, Fernandinho/Fabinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Salah, Henry, Mane

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Honestly Henry and Stam are the only two guys from those teams i'm sure of actually. The others were more of a toss up.

Could have easily gone Alisson, TAA, Stam, VVD, Cancelo, Fernandinho/Fabinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Salah, Henry, Mane
There's no way these two get in over Vieira, Keane or Scholes. Schmeichel over Alisson every day of the week. The rest is a bit of a toss up, agreed

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There's no way these two get in over Vieira, Keane or Scholes. Schmeichel over Alisson every day of the week. The rest is a bit of a toss up, agreed
Of course they would. Keane was never a DM like them and never had the tactical discipline. Vieira could do it, but he didn't have the passing range of either and ultimately Fabinho/Fernandinho have been playing at a much higher pace than Vieira's era. Scholes....eh. I'm picking the best team, not the 11 best players

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
I know this is just a bit of fun, but, isnt it kinda sad? Look what hath became of us. Now we're in the era of "remember when we were good back in the olden days and now our two most hated rivals are dominating world football, essentially".

So my choices would be

Schmeichel over Seaman

Irwin over Lauren
Campbell over Johnson
Stam over Toure
Cole over Neville (that still works)

Beckham over Ljungberg
Roy Keane over Gilberto Silva
Patrick Vieira over Scholes (Because I secretly fantazied about seeing them playing together. ffs why didnt Roy join Juve in 05 :mad: )
Giggs over Pires

Henry over Yorke/Cole/Forlan (?)
van.Nistelrooy over Bergkamp (see my reasoning for choosing Vieira over Scholes plus Ruud was lethal)

And :lol: if you think Im doing a Pool/City version as if Im gonna give those cnuts my energy.

Liverpool and City are so fcuking good it causes physical and exsistential agony.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Cech
Ivanovich-Rio-Terry-Cole
Makelele
Scholes-Lampard
Rooney-Drogba-Cristiano

Mh. Yeah, think Cris takes them over the edge here