Film Coming to America 2

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Coming to America Trading Places... those were the movies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Beverly Hills Cop I was my favourite Eddie Murphy movie but this was a close second.

This was a comedy that could actually make you laugh. I'm hopeful that the sequel will be good, there's too much talent for it to be shit.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Recently rewatched Coming to America. That's a childhood memory ruined. What a shite movie.

Also funny how times have changed. I think quite a few of the things in that movie would no longer be okay now. Like all the women washing his cock etc.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What will the sequal be about? Not sure you can continue the story.

Hoof the ball

"Oh, there they go! There they go! Every time I start talking 'bout boxing, a white man gotta pull Rocky Marciano out their ass! That's their one. That's their one. Rocky Marciano! Rocky Marciano! Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit!"

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Recently rewatched Coming to America. That's a childhood memory ruined. What a shite movie.

Also funny how times have changed. I think quite a few of the things in that movie would no longer be okay now. Like all the women washing his cock etc.
I too am an evolved individual, you're right. Coming to America is a very problematic comedy. Sucks to finally realise you're wrong about something, if I could take back the laughs I would.

Least we're woke now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I too am an evolved individual, you're right. Coming to America is a very problematic comedy. Sucks to finally realise you're wrong about something, if I could take back the laughs I would.

Least we're woke now.
I don't mean that I'm ashamed I laughed at servants washing his willy, I'm in favor of comedy pushing boundaries, it's comedy not advice on how to live one's life. I just don't think the movie is funny anymore. It just wants to make me remove that fixed grin from Eddie's face, with a chainsaw.

Hoof the ball

the film will follow the (likely now-King) Akeem as he "learns about a long lost son and must return to America to meet his unlikely heir to the throne of Zamunda." The report doesn't say where, exactly, he's going to go looking for his son, but presumably, Akeem will wind up back in NYC.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

Came in to post this.
It really hasn't aged well.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

Least we're woke now.
Some of the African stereotype stuff is truly cringeworthy.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Coming to America Trading Places... those were the movies.
Every new years day for us.

Coming to America, Trading places, with maybe a Planes Trains and Automobiles or Dirty Rotten Scoundrels thrown in as well.

I wont be bothering with this sequel, it will be shite.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The thing is doodlebug, it wasnt ok then, that was the point.

Its far cleverer than "backward african goes on holiday to america lets all laugh at those stupid black people".

You think 80s Eddie Murphy wood sign on to do a film that just ripped the shit of black and african people because they were basically stone age backwards freaks?

Yeah....

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You can't just leave it at that! Let's hear the story then. Closest I've come is telling off both Chris Rea and Martin Freeman.
She used to work for UIP (Universal and Paramount) and part of her job was to arrange those press junkets they do to promote movies. This happened to be Beverley Hills Cop at the time and basically a press thing had been arranged but he just didn't turn up and was found several days later in a pub in London. She absolutely tore him a new one as a result.

decorativeed

She used to work for UIP (Universal and Paramount) and part of her job was to arrange those press junkets they do to promote movies. This happened to be Beverley Hills Cop at the time and basically a press thing had been arranged but he just didn't turn up and was found several days later in a pub in London. She absolutely tore him a new one as a result.
Ha. Sounds like something she might have had to do regularly.