Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Finished listenin to crime pays a few times now I am very impressed its good to see Cam is back and doesnt need Jim Traitor ass Jones or Juelz dope head Santana.

Curve
Woo Hoo
Ohio
Cooking Up are some bangers

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I like it, simple, maybe too simple, but it's a street single apparently (Like Blue Magic was), the real first single will be with Drake

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
yh i heard searl
that guys buzz continues to grow! he has just caught on in the uk so everybody who wants to seem like they know about music has run off dl'ed every mixtape and is quoting him like shakespeare!

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
yh i heard searl
that guys buzz continues to grow! he has just caught on in the uk so everybody who wants to seem like they know about music has run off dl'ed every mixtape and is quoting him like shakespeare!
He's bigger in the States and the UK than he is in Canada, and he's our best export since early Kardinal Offishall, not this recent garbage he's put out.

He's holding his own, alot of people including myself dismissed him as a major player in the game because he's got Lil' Wayne by his side and that was it... but his songs without Weezy are the ones that are making spins and putting him on the map.

You're the Best is going to explode this summer, and we might just see a new major force in the commercial hip-hop scene.

Fergies Formula

Those of you who like the game..... I went out to amsterdam when he dropped the doctors advocate and saw him at the heinken arena, he called up anyone who was wearing red onto the stage so i went up! I was so high n drunk on hennesy it was THE most gangsta moment of my life:lol::lol:

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
what up ya'll...Lupe here...first lemme make a few things very clear.

1. I love the fansite alot i think its dope...i feel flattered that i have so many people interested and in support of my music and the messages that i try to stand for...and not just me but for Hey Champ and the crew and damn near anybody who even resembles me...you gives give them shine and i commend you for that.

2. I DONT LEAK MY OWN RECORDS!!! I'M NOT A FAN OF LEAKING RECORDS OR OF DOWNLOADING!!! My entire first album leaked and possibly cost me from going platinum my first time out as the final estimates of how many people actually downloaded that album illegally was well over half a million. So how do u think i feel that everytime i come to this site where my "fans" are i see you putting up links to download my records???...I dont care about the other sites. I care about where my real fans are supposed to be active. If you come across it and you like it and keep it to yourself thats all cool with me but to make it where as other people are able to download it in a public forum is honestly an insult to me. Especially because of how much i love you guys. that shit is kinda like a slap in the face.

3. FAKE SHORE DRIVES "UNRELEASED" RECORDS COME FROM MY OLD PRODUCERS WHO HAVE MY OLD HARD DRIVES. I DONT AGREE WITH THAT SHIT OR CO-SIGN IT AT ALL ITS THE REASON I STOPPED DOING MIXTAPES AND I TOLD ANDREW THIS WHEN WE MET IN CHICAGO AT THE COCA-COLA TOUR SHOW AND HE THOUGHT I WAS GONNA BE ALL PISSED BUT IT WAS ALL LOVE AND I TOLD HIM I KNOW WHERE HE'S GETTING THOSE RECORDS FROM AND HE AINT GOT WORRY ABOUT ME HE GOTTA WORRY ABOUT ATLANTIC OR ARISTA OR THE PUBLISHERS OF THOSE VERY "UNCLEARED AND UNCLEARABLE" SAMPLES.

Everytime i get the urge to do something new for my fans I go online and see "new unreleased lupe" from 6 years ago and i shrug and just say feck it. Things like that feck up the real plans and the mood. You dont just throw out bunch of records for the sake of having a bunch of records out. I dont operate like that as an artist. Some records aren't even meant to come out.

4. When we were talking about who should have first rights to new shit when we do officially "leak" something the only two sites that came up was LupEnd Blog and Nahright. Thats big whether you know that or not. You have a direct relationship with the artist you rock with who puts your name in the hat for everything that involves him online.

5. Someone hacked my email. I was about to fire my entire staff and cut off relationships over shining down leaking last night. Bun B hit me and was like "the records dope" and i was like "what record?" nobody even has it. the only possible explanation is my email chain with the mix studio (which is air tight...the studio that is) was hacked and thats where the record came from.

Lastly, the album is fecking ridiculous. I dont like to brag or shit like that but the album is sooooo fecking crazy at this point 95% done. and its all balls to the wall fire. I have the experience and the freedom now to make what i think will be the best received album of my career.

Lupe in the club??? Blasphemy!!!!

We're Not Losers...
Angry words :mad:

Member 5225

Am loving this lately
(might need a few listens to get into it, oh and some huge subs) :drool:

it's for a new game (NBA 2K10)

Member 5225

Those of you who like the game..... I went out to amsterdam when he dropped the doctors advocate and saw him at the heinken arena, he called up anyone who was wearing red onto the stage so i went up! I was so high n drunk on hennesy it was THE most gangsta moment of my life:lol::lol:

:lol: yeah he did that everywhere he went, I went to Hammersmith (London) it was crazyyy!!

Member 5225

not usually into this sorta stuff, but hell this is good (chill-out)

Godfather

wow is that what you just said? Lupe is the most talented rapper about now, (yh I said it)
Well I dont really like him neither

But anyway Lil' Wayne finally brought out a good song again (well I think it's a good song) after all that rock shit:

He goes really hard on that, I love it

Fergies Formula

:lol: yeah he did that everywhere he went, I went to Hammersmith (London) it was crazyyy!!
:lol::lol:

he was so fecked! he downed a whole bottle of vodka if i remember correctly in a race against some ol man and he was slurring so much! then he saw some dude in the front row and he was like "nigga you look like mo' feckin leonardo de caprio, get your ass up on stage!" so he gave him a stool and a 2 foot blunt to chuff on, that kid was so baked his eyes disappeared!

That night is such a blur, in fact that weekend is!!:lol:

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Fabolous' CD is growing on me, Imma do It is a fecking BRILLIANT song

Slaughterhouse Cookoo is dope too, the production by DJ Khalil on both these songs are so trippy but creative

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Here are some albums I'm eagerly anticipating this year. Some of it might probably not "qualify" as commercial/mainstream but what the hell...

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers (December)
The Roots - How I Got Over (October)
Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 - (September 11th)
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon: The End of Day (September 15th)
Young Jeezy - Thug Motivation 103 - ("Winter")
Consequence - Cons TV - (October)
Talib Kweli - Prisoner of Consciousness (???)
Cage - Depart From Me (Which I just realized is out...)
The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles (Supposed to be done?!)
Rhymefest - El Che (Supposed to be "just around the corner" for almost a year now)
Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told (See above...)

I've probably forgotten some but I've got great hopes for all of these.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
I've yet to understand what all the hype of Drake is about...

That said. I've not really checked him out properly yet.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
I've yet to understand what all the hype of Drake is about...

That said. I've not really checked him out properly yet.
Simple maths... or science... or chemistry?

Support/Co-Signs
Hit Single
Solid Mixtape
Universal Acceptance

One thing he has that Asher Roth didn't was the latter, Drake seems to be big everywhere.