Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Yeezus was awful - I can see what Kanye West was trying to do, but the lyrical content was average at best. There were a couple of nice tracks, but overall it was a disappointing project, as it had so much potential. Maybe he can revisit similar beats and put out something even better, which he is capable of doing. J Cole's release was decent, but nothing special. Many - including myself - doubt whether he can actually form a great project. Drake was Drake. By far, it's his best album since he blew up, which isn't hard to accomplish. There were a couple of tracks that were dope - the intro was awesome, I liked how he adapted to the changes of the beat. But as the album progressed, he went back to his old ways. It's nice to see him murder Jay Z, too, on Pound Cake. Talking of Jay Z, I'm pretty much done with his projects. I can't relate to you if you're telling me about all the cars and money you got.

I feck with Yeezus, it was different far from awful.

J Cole was dope for me, replay value decent beats and lyrics too.

Drake got frisbeed I can't even force liking him, kept like 5 tracks Jay was garbage too, few decent tracks, album carried by production

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Cant wait more Isaiah Rashad, everything I heard from TDE been good so far and looking forward to Schoolboy Q album dropping early next year.
As for best album of this year, I dunno, most of what I heard has been disappointing. Maybe I need to lower my expectations I dont think I can remember a full album I was really into.
Jay Z's was really poor I cant listen to his lyrics anymore, he's name dropping in every song and he just sounds out of touch I cringe everytime I hear him say trill.
Yeezus had a couple of songs but most of it is just too out there for me, Kanye experiments too much his ego is fecking it all up.
Im not a fan of drake but he had a few alright tracks on that album, same for danny brown.
Ive not even bothered with Eminems album, I know i wont like it, I havnt liked any of his albums since the first marshall mathers Lp, too much shouting.
Once you make it in this game, the hardest thing to do is stay relevant. All these middle aged multi-millionaires aint got nothing to tell me anymore, thats why Dre will never put Detox out.

MajorTom

Better than Eminems version which is his best song on the complete MMLP2 album, way better use of the sample. Maybe wrong to post this in the "commercial" hip-hop thread though.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
The Jiggaman has ranked all his albums from best to worst.
http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2013/12/jay-z-ranks-his-albums
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (feckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the
Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…feck… Streets, Where I’m
from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for
his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. fecking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)

Kostur

海尔的老板

While checking out the 20/20 Experience I ran into this remix. Pretty late but Cole's addressing 'Control' at last and it's in a pretty cool manner.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm not sure a Justin Timberlake track was the best place to respond to Control. Kendrick has a verse on Busta Rhyme's upcoming project and he hinted on Twitter that there'd be a response.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I'm not sure a Justin Timberlake track was the best place to respond to Control. Kendrick has a verse on Busta Rhyme's upcoming project and he hinted on Twitter that there'd be a response.

To be fair it was more refreshing than boring line of responses on the same beat Control was on, that were lined hours/day after Control was leaked. It was boring to say the least at some point and very little of those tracks were any decent.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
FFS Cole responded by saying he'd consider smacking his girl for having Control as a ringtone?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Anyone listened to the Angel Haze album? As a casual rap fan, I think its really good.

Stretch

Went to Eminem concert yesterday. Action Bronson opened. Pretty dope. Didn't think Em had such elaborate stage gimmicks.

Dante

Average bang
Went to Eminem concert yesterday. Action Bronson opened. Pretty dope. Didn't think Em had such elaborate stage gimmicks.
What was Action Bronson like? He's playing here in a few weeks and I'm wondering if it's worth the 20 squid.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Rick Ross' album is beyond terrible. I actually forgot I was listening to it. Jesus, shite isn't the word.

Stretch

What was Action Bronson like? He's playing here in a few weeks and I'm wondering if it's worth the 20 squid.
He's mad. Walked into the crowd all the way through the stadium. Drank beer with the crowd, smoked weed. He's got NO HYPE man which was refreshing to me. I loved his show but you need to dig his music first to appreciate Bam Bam