Music Commercial Hip Hop Thread

Pickle85

Versatile, super lyrical, creative song writer. Also raps about skateboards and dinosaurs so will always be overlooked by the mainstream.
Nice, thanks. Shall have to give him a look. Anyone that raps about skateboards and dinosaurs is ok by me.

Pickle85

Doesn’t write his own lyrics. So that’s why I questioned it.
I know he's been ghosted for years but he's the face of so many classics and was so influential in the scene that he's a must have for me.

Based Adnan

Who is looking for an Em verse in 2021? He's a lyrical miracle rap fast rapper these days.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Who is looking for an Em verse in 2021? He's a lyrical miracle rap fast rapper these days.
Say it louder.
Problem is Eminem fans won't accept his style changing because they (stereotyping) only like one style of rap.

I'm glad Nas doesn't have these problems :drool:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I think it's just jarring to hear him in a Nas track. It's not a classic verse but it is what it is. Doesn't help that the track uses the same beat as EPMD 1.

My main beef with it is that he puts Drake in the higher echelon of rappers that he wants to be equal to.

villain

Hates Beyoncé

His next album will be his last with TDE, not a huge surprise - I think we even discussed that TDE's growth and handling of its biggest stars have been haphazard a few pages back.

Wonder where his next venture beyond that will be though, he seems too introspective of a personality to be expressive enough to run his own label.
Maybe he'll go independent? I can see that, owning his masters, having complete artistic control etc. moreso than him joining another label.
Or maybe he'll flat out retire? I can see that too tbh

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finally! Hopefully there’s not a long wait until the release.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Saw the news and went on a run of songs from Kendrick going back to Overly Dedicated...

One of the few artists from this era with a legitimate claim to being the GOAT

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Saw the news and went on a run of songs from Kendrick going back to Overly Dedicated...

One of the few artists from this era with a legitimate claim to being the GOAT
Favourite song on Overly dedicated?

Mine is The Heart part 2, close runners up are: growing apart, cut you off & she needs me

villain

Hates Beyoncé
She Loves Me (only because I'm a fan of Dom and Murs as well)

The Heart series is excellent though
Yeah Dom is underrated, and I got into Murs because of that song.
Now I feel like adding some Dom tapes to my iTunes.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tupac for me. Me against the world and the Makaveli album are his finest works. With the iconic All Eyez On Me sandwiching in between.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
OutKast and The Roots for me, in terms of sheer consistency. Do You Want More!?, Illadelph Halflife and Things Falls Apart is quite a run.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Tupac for me. Me against the world and the Makaveli album are his finest works. With the iconic All Eyez On Me sandwiching in between.
Agree with this, they are all 3 completely different themes too. Pac using unknown producers for one of them and still creating a classic is the cherry on top.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I feel like Tyler’s run of Flower Boy, Igor and CMIYGL deserve a mention but he doesn’t seem to be rated much on here.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I feel like Tyler’s run of Flower Boy, Igor and CMIYGL deserve a mention but he doesn’t seem to be rated much on here.
Against those greats? I don't think so. Plus there's a few big omissions too.
I like Tyler but some of those runs include the best hip-hop albums ever, and I just don't think he has that - but he does have a very consistent catalogue and has arguably the best career out of rappers from his class of rappers that came after drake/kendrick/cole, but i'd have to think about that further.
But you're right, I don't think he's rated on here, if Jay-z can barely get respect I doubt Tyler would get much :lol: