Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

Rockets Redglare

If we're being honest, £70m for a 30 year old is madness. Reeks of desperation.
Have you seen the state of us? We are fecking desperate.

This must be the only fan base who could sign one of the best players in a position we’ve been dire in for years and see it as a negative, it’s unbelievable.

prateik

If we're being honest, £70m for a 30 year old is madness. Reeks of desperation.
Isn't it 60 + add ons? He has a good few years left in him..

He is also one of the best in his position.. The going rate unfortunately.. Might have been 5-10m cheaper if we were in a better negotiating position.. but not much..

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Isn't it 60 + add ons? He has a good few years left in him..

He is also one of the best in his positions.. The going rate unfortunately.. Might have been 5-10m cheaper if we were in a better negotiating position.. but not much..
Lewandowski with one year left on his contract at the age of 34 cost nearly 50m, so it's really not that terrible

AdNani

I don’t want to piss on anyones fire but we’ve paid 70 million for 30 year old that Madrid didn’t want. They let Varane go easy enough and look how that ended up. They’re not stupid.
Mental how you just made all that up, they offered Varane a contract which he turned down, and Ancelotti was clearly not happy about losing Casemiro

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Mental how you just made all that up, they offered Varane a contract which he turned down, and Ancelotti was clearly not happy about losing Casemiro
I don’t remember a massive fuss from Madrid when we signed Varane. Not sure why you’re bringing the word mental into this.

AdNani

I don’t remember a massive fuss from Madrid when we signed Varane. Not sure why you’re bringing the word mental into this.
I never said there was a massive fuss? i said they offered him a contract which he turned down as HE wanted to leave, not the other way around.

And they clearly didn't want to lose Casemiro, but HE also wanted to leave.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I never said there was a massive fuss? i said they offered him a contract which he turned down as HE wanted to leave, not the other way around.

I think that’s standard practice to get the buying club to up the fee.

TheReligion

Abusive
Than

There many a stupid posts on this forum. I dare say you’ve made a few yoursel?
Of course but I’m not sure why you’re trying to pass things off as fact when they aren’t?

Much better to not do that otherwise you’ll get called on it. Madrid don’t want to let him go as pointed out.

I find it odd so many of our own fans can be so self deprecating about our great club.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Of course but I’m not sure why you’re trying to pass things off as fact when they aren’t?

Much better to not do that otherwise you’ll get called on it. Madrid don’t want to let him go as pointed out.

I find it odd so many of our own fans can be so self deprecating about our great club.
Freedom of speech Mr Religion, if thats a problem, that’s your problem. Don’t mind being called out and if I’m wrong I accept that.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
For me a short term fix is a Cavani, Casemiro should give us 2-3 years of the highest caliber - that goes a pretty long way to restoring our strength.
That would be nice. But no way to know how long legs will last when you are 30+, right?

Matic was only 29 when he joined us (and I would claim was a fantastic DM in his time) but was only able to play his best consistently for 1 season with us. Second season was a drop and after that he was only good in flashes, as a sub.

predator

Youth NITK
I find it bizarre how any united fan can moan about this signing. We are getting arguably the best central midfielder in the world. He still has a good 3+ years at the top level. If he can stabilise our midfield and help the defence which ultimately leads to CL football again then the money we've paid for him because wisely invested.

You can't please everyone. I reckon if we signed Mbappe some would be moaning about the fee, his attitude. There isn't a player to exist that would please everyone.

Who else should we have signed, that actually wants to play for us, instead of 'panic buying' Casemiro?

TheReligion

Abusive
I find it bizarre how any united fan can moan about this signing. We are getting arguably the best central midfielder in the world. He still has a good 3+ years at the top level. If he can stabilise our midfield and help the defence which ultimately leads to CL football again then the money we've paid for him because wisely invested.

You can't please everyone. I reckon if we signed Mbappe some would be moaning about the fee, his attitude. There isn't a player to exist that would please everyone.

Who else should we have signed, that actually wants to play for us, instead of 'panic buying' Casemiro?
It’s crazy isn’t it?

He is nominated for the Ballon d’Orr this year ffs yet he’s apparently past it and a panic buy.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Where does the £70m (+£10m) fee come from, all of a sudden? Whitwell?

Everything else was reported as €60m + €10m add ons which is just above £50m guaranteed.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973

Sorry and I should have explained this when I was being called out,. He appears to me to be a panic buy to appease fans….and pundits, if you can’t get the right players now then save the money. Use the youth players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Still fighting the good fight, Sir? :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Sorry and I should have explained this when I was being called out,. He appears to me to be a panic buy to appease fans….and pundits, if you can’t the right players now then save the money. Use the youth players.
Why isn’t he the right player?!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Sorry and I should have explained this when I was being called out,. He appears to me to be a panic buy to appease fans….and pundits, if you can’t the right players now then save the money. Use the youth players.
He is the right player though... We need a DM more than anything. Our biggest issue for 5 years has been plugging those gaps in midfield and winning the ball back. He brings that better than anyone could.

TheReligion

Abusive
Still fighting the good fight, Sir? :lol:
I’m just getting sick of this place.

We have just signed a player nominated for the Ballon d’Orr this year yet there’s idiots saying he’s past it and saying it’s an MLS signing.

When you have every single Madrid fan here telling us how good he is and the resident oppo fans on the forum saying how much of a brilliant signing he will be you have to wonder don’t you?

I’m convinced very few people watch football that much.

predator

Youth NITK
Sorry and I should have explained this when I was being called out,. He appears to me to be a panic buy to appease fans….and pundits, if you can’t get the right players now then save the money. Use the youth players.
No need to apologise. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Hopefully he proves you wrong!

Presto

OK none of our current midfielders is a DM, can you name some youngsters from our academy who would fill that exact role? And how long would we have to wait until one of them grows fully to his potential and how far would United go down in the waiting time while persistently playing McFred as a double pivot?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I’m just getting sick of this place.

We have just signed a player nominated for the Ballon d’Orr this year yet there’s idiots saying he’s past it and saying it’s an MLS signing.

When you have every single Madrid fan here telling us how good he is and the resident oppo fans on the forum saying how much of a brilliant signing he will be you have to wonder don’t you?

I’m convinced very few people watch football that much.
The MLS signing….is that real? bloody hell. Haven’t checked the entire thread (and by the sound of it, thank goodness I haven’t).

Yeah, I guess there’s just no pleasing some. We could be signing KdB, Kimmich or whoever, and there’d be question marks.

On topic, absolutely fantastic signing for us! Let’s hope we can add at least a couple more (CM, RB, RW - assuming CR stays or a CF as well) and the window would have been a success.