Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
So you keep doing this. You’ve read a throw away line somewhere and are now saying he’s not the right player. Let’s be honest you have no idea do you?
Only going off what I’ve read on the internet, I’m not a fecking scout. Happy to hear your opinion on the guy though. I’ll read it tomorrow at some point. My bed is calling. Have great rest of the evening my friend.

SirAnderson

I so hope he brings the immunity to yellow card syndrome with him.
We need it desperately after years of watching Fabinho and Fernando and others get away with it.
Now we got one of our own.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations guys. May he bring the same commitment and love for the shirt to United.
It's a farewell to our legend, who I hope to see back working for the club in the future.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Really stupid post.
Well, how's Varane doing about now? His point is fair, even if Casemiro proves him otherwise.

What is with some of you demanding conformism, as if this is high school.

Posh Red

Congratulations guys. May he bring the same commitment and love for the shirt to United.
It's a farewell to our legend, who I hope to see back working for the club in the future.
I’m so jealous that you can lose such a good player and still be so magnanimous! Just shows how well Madrid are doing these days.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well, how's Varane doing about now? His point is fair, even if Casemiro proves him otherwise.

What is with some of you demanding conformism, as if this is high school.
Id just beat you up and take your dinner money. Split it with my mate Case.

TheReligion

Abusive
The MLS signing….is that real? bloody hell. Haven’t checked the entire thread (and by the sound of it, thank goodness I haven’t).

Yeah, I guess there’s just no pleasing some. We could be signing KdB, Kimmich or whoever, and there’d be question marks.

On topic, absolutely fantastic signing for us! Let’s hope we can add at least a couple more (CM, RB, RW - assuming CR stays or a CF as well) and the window would have been a success.
I think there’s another big signing in us (Antony is brewing) and then a couple of smaller ones. It seems the club has briefed they want a forward, RB and another CM.

I don’t think Rabiot was the first choice over Casemiro so definitely looking at another in the middle.

Interesting to see how far we will go.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will this transform our midfield? I certainly hope so… I’m eager to find out who ten Hag will partner him with… I think against the lower teams we should go Casemiro with eriksen/Bruno either side of him. Against more difficult opposition, Casemiro next to Fred with Bruno or eriksen in front might work. Preferably eriksen.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Will this transform our midfield? I certainly hope so… I’m eager to find out who ten Hag will partner him with… I think against the lower teams we should go Casemiro with eriksen/Bruno either side of him. Against more difficult opposition, Casemiro next to Fred with Bruno or eriksen in front might work. Preferably eriksen.
I think we'll need a mobile player next to him regardless of opposition. We have been overrun in midfield in every single match. Bruno and Eriksen together in an XI I think will fall flat. We lack energy, physicality, pace. As is, it will have to be Fred. Though I'd like to see Iqbal given an opportunity soon.

It's also dependent on the defense (and GK). If we get in competition for Dave, someone who is comfortable with the ball, controls his box, we could all of a sudden have a team capable of playing the way the manager wants.

Bondi77

How much did Liverpool pay for Thiago and he was rated the best in his position at the time?
This fee is madness!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Can you name the man with midfield drive
Came to town to make us fly

Casemiro! Casemiro!

Well, Without him we were going down
Shame for him he's surrounded by clowns

Casemiro! Casemiro...

Chief123

Athletic reporting up to £70m and £375k per week. Wow. That is huge money for 4 years!

Has there ever been a player over 30 play his entire career in another league and then come to the PL and do well? As good a player as he has been, this is going to be tough in this Utd team.
Fernandinho and Makelele?

OverratedOpinion

Do you think he will be a success? Is he still in his prime?

LDUred

We're Manchester United: we pay over the odds. United Added Tax is the way it always has been and the way it probably always will be, for some bizarre reason clubs ask more from us.

We're getting someone who knows how to screen a defense properly. It will be worth it but we absolutely need someone capable of playing there with him.

This is a statement of intent from the club. He's a biggish name and other players will start to realize that the club is starting to flex its financial muscles a bit.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thanks. Make sure you smash those Barca cnuts this year.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How much did Liverpool pay for Thiago and he was rated the best in his position at the time?
This fee is madness!
They paid for a player in the last year of his contract, and he was great but he wasn't the best in his position. Come on.

HayabusaUtd

Should be made our Captain very soon. It will be the best for Utd and Harry Maguire.

Boondog

Welcome to the Devils Casemiro. Can't wait to see you in red! :devil:

By the way he looks like he's 25. Or maybe 30 is so far in my rearview I don't remember what it looks like.

Bondi77

They paid for a player in the last year of his contract, and he was great but he wasn't the best in his position. Come on.
Come on what???
Okay...he wanted a new challenge and Bayern wanted to keep him but he had just featured in a treble winning Bayern team and was lauded for his performances but apparently we were not interested and Liverpool paid 20mil for his services.
We have just paid three times the price for a player the same age......get your head around that :houllier: :houllier:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This is the signing we need most, and could improve our squad the most too. Finally a good DM, a worldclass one, and arguably the best one too.

Nights

Come on what???
Okay...he wanted a new challenge and Bayern wanted to keep him but he had just featured in a treble winning Bayern team and was lauded for his performances but apparently we were not interested and Liverpool paid 20mil for his services.
We have just paid three times the price for a player the same age......get your head around that :houllier: :houllier:
Thiago isn’t at the same level as Casemiro performance wise not to mention he’s been much more injury prone throughout his career.

Bondi77

Thiago isn’t at the same level as Casemiro performance wise not to mention he’s been much more injury prone throughout his career.
He wasn’t at the same level when he was playing for Bayern?????
Give yourself an uppercut mate! :lol: :lol: