Television Community (NBC)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Season one and two have been great. Just began season 3, does it maintain its level?
No, after season 3 the quality drops quite drastically. Season 4 is pretty poor, season 5 is meh, and I gave up on season 6 after 3 episodes because I couldn't be arsed anymore with it.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Found myself skipping episodes in season 3... not gonna lie it's gone a bit stupid in parts. Hope there are some good episodes to come, or I might not start season 4.

PeteReDevil

iPete
It really isn't going anywhere is it? Or has it been so all along? I just seem to remember the earlier seasons as being more cohesive. It's like you could watch a single scene on any episode in season 6 and it would still feel like Community, but you wouldn't feel like missing out if you didn't see the rest of the episode. Does that make sense?

Brophs

The One and Only
Bloody hell, this show has gone really meta, hasn't it (assuming I actually know what meta means, which is 50/50)? All that looking down the camera and basically making inside gags isn't always that funny.

Dante

Average bang
I thought the finale was perfect. One of the most fitting final episodes I've ever seen.

Kazi

'I farted during the fourth one. It's an inside joke.'

Didn't watch the episodes leading up to the finale. But the finale itself was very good.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I really liked the latest season. I think the show deserves some credit for returning to some form, not many shows I can think of that have returned from a shite season or two.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
I thought the finale was about as close as possible to the closure I've been looking for since the season 3 hiatus. And the tag which was funny, dark, emotional and self-indulgent was pretty much the most Community note to go out on. If they want to try for the 'and a movie' a few years from now I'm fine with it but there's no need for another season. I think Danny Pudi, Alison Brie, Paget Brewster, Gillian Jacobs and even Ken Jeong have new shows lined up anyway.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
Just watched the finale. I was a big fan of season one and two. I loved the Chicken Finger Mafia episode in season. It might be one of my favorite episodes ever. But from season three, the show got worse. I think most of the decline was caused by Abed's character. He started off as that weird boy who liked TV, but ended as a mentally retarded robot who thinks he is in a TV show. It got really annoying. Season four and five were solid I guess, but felt like the show was trying too hard.

I lost interest over the last season, but gave it another shot over Christmas. It's actually quite good, the pacing is just a bit off. I was hoping for a Pierce cameo though. And having watched the finale, I feel good about the entire series. It had its downs, but at the end of the day I was mostly enjoyable and had some amazing highlights!

Last edited:

prath92

I liked season 6 frankly. The Garrett Stacy wedding was an amazingly funny episode.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Bump for a good reason. Seems like they're finally gonna do the movie. They're doing a table read for charity some time this month, a podcast with the cast (minus Pierce) came out today and Dan Harmon said "conversations are happening that people would want to be happening."

Six seasons and a movie!

Dante

Average bang
Wow, what a coincidence. I was just thinking about this today. I'm literally rewatching the whole series at the moment. Currently a couple of minutes into season 3 episode 20.

Incredible show. One of my all time favourites. If they can get Donald Glover back, it's gonna be immense.

Also, I still reckon Chang from seasons 1 and 2 is the funniest character I've ever seen on a TV show.

Art Vandelay

Bump for a good reason. Seems like they're finally gonna do the movie. They're doing a table read for charity some time this month, a podcast with the cast (minus Pierce) came out today and Dan Harmon said "conversations are happening that people would want to be happening."

Six seasons and a movie!
I hope the entire movie is about discovering Annie was the Ass Crack Bandit all along. That would be streets ahead.

Also I can't watch that because I refuse to accept Jim Rash as anything other than Dean Pelton.

Dante

Average bang
Entertainment Weekly are doing some retrospectives with the cast/writers:

The Alison Brie interview came out a few hours ago, and is a decent watch.

I'm currently on Season 4 of my rewatch. They'll be bringing on Joel McHale and Jim Rash on the next episode tomorrow to talk about that. I know that it gets a bad rap, so I'm interested to hear the opinion from behind the scenes.

Kazi

Was rewatching on Netflix but stopped at the start of season 4. Remedial Chaos Theory was as good as I remembered it to be.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

The Alison Brie interview came out a few hours ago, and is a decent watch.

I'm currently on Season 4 of my rewatch. They'll be bringing on Joel McHale and Jim Rash on the next episode tomorrow to talk about that. I know that it gets a bad rap, so I'm interested to hear the opinion from behind the scenes.
I still have a thing for Annie.

I shouldn't sexualise her though, she's pretty young.

b82REZ

started this recently. I don't know how I've managed to avoid it for so long. Upto end of season 3 now.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
One of a very rare series with infinite rewatching potential.

Last edited:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Didn't care much about it, personally. Problem with most of the season actually.
Shows what you know.

I grew to really like and appreciate both the finale, and the whole sixth season. Everything really, 4th as well, which wasn't that bad at all (save for terrible origins episode). Binge rewatching helped there too I reckon.

And the series had a nice end, I really do not wish to see the continuation. And judging by some poor revivals in the past years, I fear it'll go their way.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I think the 4th gets too much stick. It's more than watchable.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
4 is ok, even though it's a step-down after 2 excellent seasons in 2 and 3. But yes, it's still overall quite strong. 5 and 6 are genuinely mediocre to bad, though.
I think 5 & 6 are very good. They have no right being as good as they were considering they lose Troy, Shirley and Pierce from the core group around that point.

Plus season 5 has one of the funniest moments of any show ever...

Typical Britta almost Britta'ing the scene by looking directly into the camera afterwards.

Cole9

Definitely won't tell you about her leaks then.
How did I miss this! :lol:

I've recently watched this show from the start for the first time. Seasons 1-3 were all good, especially 2 and 3. Season 4 was a disappointing drop in quality and I gave up part-way through season 5. I might go back and finish it at some point.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Rewatching and Season One is sloooow. My memories of it were of it being quite meta but I guess that happens later because so far it's like watching a teen high school show.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rewatching and Season One is sloooow. My memories of it were of it being quite meta but I guess that happens later because so far it's like watching a teen high school show.
Wasn’t Abed’s film project that kept predicting the future quite early on?