Community Shield 2022: Liverpool v Manchester City 5pm BST 30 July

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Early day. I feel it has to do more with City fitness and sharpness level. City has shorter preseason than Liverpool from the amount of games they had played.
That Liverpool squad for me is better than City’s. I thought that back end of last season. They have insane depth and arguably the best GK, CB, attacking fullbacks and RW in football. Add Diaz, Firmino, Jota and Nunez into that and I really think Klopp gets way too much leniency from everyone - yes they’ve had to sign incredibly well but squad for squad they aren’t the underdogs anymore - they should really be winning the league this year especially if Bernardo does leave.

T_Model101

No comments at all about Klopp signing the tattooed leg of a random scouser after the match :lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Friendlies mean nothing.

Don't be surprised if City aren't much better in attack with Haaland.

If they get similar goals scored to last year, 99, they'll still probably top the league. Getting 10 or 15 more would smash the record.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He‘s been a newbie for 10 years now. That obviously won’t change anytime soon, but is that some kind of record?
Seems like a shit passtime, posting there for 10 years. Irked me so much I feigned an interest in draftgames just to get the feck out.

Robbie Boy

Lads, it's the fecking Community Shield. I think Liverpool are gonna be finishing 3rd this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You can see that City aren’t used to playing with the type of striker Haaland is. He could have been played in multiple times but tiki taka prevailed instead. They’ll sort it out and he will bang them in but wouldn’t be surprised if he went through patches where he was out of the goals and then games where he scores 2 or 3.

iamking

It was a very good game. Both teams took the game seriously. Pool looked a little sharper and fitter, but City were more in control of the game without threatening Pool much. With Alisson in, Pool would look complete, Adrian wasn't convincing much. Trent was like watching Becks play RB, Henderson pressed up front and made unbelievable runs, and Thiago and Fabinho were strong. Darwin Nunez didn't show enough to warrant 85$mill. Pool overpaid for sure. But he was quiet a handful today. Strong in air, hard working, non-stop runs. His press wasn't as good as Firmino and his touch is still not convincing. He will be a great player for them though, Klopp likes the working class kind over elites . I don't think Pool is desperate for his goals having kept Salah. Between him, Diaz, Firmino and Jota (yes we can't forget the little prick), Pool looks well set up front.

City were city as usual. Slightly off pace, but controlled the game back to front. Halaand looks great, despite the miss. Even Kane hasn't pushed Van Dijk physically as much as Halaand did. His runs were off kilt with the team, which is understandable as he is new. He was strong and direct, and looked ready to score. Their system looks great, sliced through the vaunted Pool defense multiple times. Cancelo was a handful on their left. KDB was KDB, magnificent, a brilliant mix of Scholes+Gerrard . The best part about City was they brought in Gundogan and Foden at hour mark. The depth is unbelievably good. Their midfield looked a little knackered, but that will grow with playing time. Defense was solid, I would still take Walker over Trent for the World Cup, he is much more solid at both ends of the field.

These 2 teams look like the Hallmark for this season. Only when we are ready to dominate them 2, we will be winning the league and realistically it wont be this season, we look some way off.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What is your take on this Sesko having seen him against Liverpool last week
Looked very good. Caused us a lot of problems and looks like a capable player. I mean it’s still just a friendly but he’s one to watch.

I’m loving my life

So all in all an excellent outcome

Liverpool continue their trend of only winning tin pots
Donkey Darwin scores the only goal he is likely to get this season

Haaland confirms he is woefully below English football standards and his route to a transfer to Rochdale FC in a couple of seasons time.
City on a Massive downward trajectory. It’s a matter of time

padr81

Supports
Man City
Only our 2nd game of preseason. Wouldn't panic just yet

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
So all in all an excellent outcome

Liverpool continue their trend of only winning tin pots
Donkey Darwin scores the only goal he is likely to get this season

Haaland confirms he is woefully below English football standards and his route to a transfer to Rochdale FC in a couple of seasons time.
City on a Massive downward trajectory. It’s a matter of time
You would have to admire the newbies hubris. :lol:

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
And people laughed on here when the dippers bought Nunez, he's better than rasford and martial combined!

On a side note, women commentating on men's football makes me mute my TV, yes I'm sexist and don't care
Utterly bizarre that you just took this random opportunity to say you are sexist.

Reactions: Penna

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The thing is even though Nunez isn’t the most technically gifted. He works ten times harder than Lukaku. Good movement, blistering pace. I can’t see him being a dud in this pool team. He might have been a bad fit for this Utd side though.
The thing is Klopp makes every player better. So a very good players with a nose for goal most likely will become a great player with goals in him. The price was high but being 7 yrs younger than Mane is huge. Just trust in Klopp.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
The work rate of Diaz is impressive. Gutted that Liverpool got him.