Comparing Ole’s and Klopp’s first 18 months

Teja

You’re comparing Klopp at his peak with Ole who’s still rebuilding. This time during Klopp’s tenure with Pool, everyone here basically called him a fraud and were glad that we didn’t sign him.

Let’s wait till the season ends before we jump to conclusions about Ole. I don’t think anyone could’ve done more than a top 4 race with this squad.

SaintMuppet

Ole is a shite manager and never will be a good one, Klopp is a good manager and will get better. To compare the two is embarrassing and disrespectful to Klopp because they are not in the same league
Klopp is the real deal Ole is a joke.
[/
That’s a butthurt post not a thought out one. Ole is not in Klopps class but who is? He is not ‘shite’ if he was he would not be in the job, he is a young manager doing the hardest job in the world. He is learning in the job and is slowly improving. Let’s see at the end oft he season where we are at eh?

Un4givableB

Ole is a shite manager and never will be a good one, Klopp is a good manager and will get better. To compare the two is embarrassing and disrespectful to Klopp because they are not in the same league
Klopp is the real deal Ole is a joke.
Not the words I'd use but YES.

He'sRaldo

I remember the days of Jurgen Flopp, along with Pep Fraudiola...

Those were good times...

Last edited:

In Rainbows

This time during Klopp’s tenure with Pool, everyone here basically called him a fraud and were glad that we didn’t sign him.
Because many on the caf are super biased. The hate for Liverpool always means that many would rather ignore reality than to judge something objectively if it makes Liverpool look better.

I mean, it's not a coincidence that those same people were praising Mourinho for doing a better job, and then it just happens that Klopp ends up winning the CL, and is about to win the league. Liverpool fans had reason to believe in the project by just looking at the display on the pitch. Or maybe it was just a coincidence and all the evidence (The chemistry of the players and Klopp's ideas being successfully translated) wasn't obvious.

Not our fault for some willingly being blind to it simply because it's Liverpool.

Cait Sith

This time during Klopp’s tenure with Pool, everyone here basically called him a fraud and were glad that we didn’t sign him.
Really?

Results aside, they are playing very good football at times considering the average personnel. They have a clear game plan. Just not consistent enough. A transfer window or two, a proper preseason and Klopp should be able to turn Liverpool into a much more competitive team.
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/jür...every-time-vs-me.410588/page-41#post-19059175

Posted this literally 3.5 years ago.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This is rawkish at their best.

Come on, klopp was and is on several different level than ole.

Can ole be as good or better? Only god knows. But at this moment it's laughable for them to be on the same sentences.

Klopp cv prior to coming to liverpool was already very good on its own

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It really feels like Ole is following Klopp's blueprint for how to turn a struggling big club around. Klopp at least had the structure created by Rodgers, Ole has had to start from the abyss of Sanchez and Lukaku.

He'sRaldo

I personally don't like the Klopp comparisons (or the rival love, in general, that's been developing). If I'd compare Ole to anyone, it'd be to Sir Alex, as that's obviously who Ole tries to emulate and draws inspiration from.

With regards to their records, there's no reason to compare there either, as the situations are different.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
First 18 matches, Ole > Klopp and any manager in the world

First 18 months, most manager would have already got the sack with Ole poor record, so in this sense Ole > any manager in the world, in terms of surviving against poor form/results

So, Ole > Klopp by million miles, if this is what this thread meant to be.

Close this thread.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

First 18 months, most manager would have already got the sack with Ole poor record, so in this sense Ole > any manager in the world, in terms of surviving against poor form/results

Close this thread.
This post makes no sense

You’re comparing Klopp at his peak with Ole who’s still rebuilding. This time during Klopp’s tenure with Pool, everyone here basically called him a fraud and were glad that we didn’t sign him.
No @Teja! This time (30th Dec) during Klopp’s first full season he was 2nd on 44 points, 5 points behind the leader. He was as likely to win the league as he was to drop out of the top 4.

Will some of you stop chatting so much garbage.

Ollie Derbyshire

You wouldn’t think any manager gets better with better players to manage and experience. Everyone bar Klopp and Pep may as well give up then.

Those saying Klopp built a CL winning team, is it too hard to believe Ole could do the same? He’s already beating the better teams regularly, with a couple more creative players we will start beating the lesser teams as well, with that will come more confidence for the younger players.

It may not happen but to say with 100% certainty that it won’t is just childish in my opinion. It is possible for people to get better in their job!!!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Stop comparing Ole to Klopp and Saf. They were both proven managers before taking the United and Liverpool job.

MrVolley

Close this thread.
FFS..Redcafe has officially turned into RAWK

We're now awarding ourselves new trophies and have just completed the salty treble:

1. "The 18 month manager challenge" trophy
2. "The fewest VAR decisions in our favour" trophy
3. The "We are the only team to have shared the points with Liverpool" trophy

Please stop guys. There's rivalry and then there's sucking lemon faces.

The ONLY thing that matters is success (for real trophies)

Ollie Derbyshire

FFS..Redcafe has officially turned into RAWK

We're now awarding ourselves new trophies and have just completed the salty treble:

1. "The 18 month manager challenge" trophy
2. "The fewest VAR decisions in our favour" trophy
3. The "We are the only team to have shared the points with Liverpool" trophy

Please stop guys. There's rivalry and then there's sucking lemon faces.

The ONLY thing that matters is success (for real trophies)
So Klopp would have been sacked then before winning the CL if winning is the only criteria yeah?
That would have worked out well for them.

Lentwood

Why do we still obsess over managers?

When Klopp walked into Liverpool they had been run brilliantly well behind the scenes for 2/3 seasons, thanks the the platform established by Micheal Edwards

Exactly the same at City, Tkiki Begiristain and his team put a superb platform in place for Pep to come in and succeed

When Solskjaer walked into United, we were an absolute steaming mess. No strategic direction, no tactical direction on the pitch, no identity, a scattergun approach to transfers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No @Teja! This time (30th Dec) during Klopp’s first full season he was 2nd on 44 points, 5 points behind the leader. He was as likely to win the league as he was to drop out of the top 4.

Will some of you stop chatting so much garbage.
I'm surprised that people still fail to remember where Liverpool were for the most part of 2016/2017.

When Klopp walked into Liverpool they had been run brilliantly well behind the scenes for 2/3 seasons, thanks the the platform established by Micheal Edwards
Absolutely no-one thought that at the time.
Klopp brought it all together.

In a few years if Ole does as well as Klopp I’m sure some rival fans will be banging on about how United had been run great with the academy and talents like Greenwood, Williams, Laird, and building a squad with Fred, Martial, Rashford etc.

Make no mistake, without Klopp Liverpool are nowhere near where they are now.

Greck

Said no one ever. Even Pool fans didn't think that back then and still don't think it now.

Gehrman

Exactly the same at City, Tkiki Begiristain and his team put a superb platform in place for Pep to come in and succeed

When Solskjaer walked into United, we were an absolute steaming mess. No strategic direction, no tactical direction on the pitch, no identity, a scattergun approach to transfers.
Oh my, Klopp is the living proof of the importance of good managers. You'd be mad not to see his influence on the team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Yeah so brilliantly run that this was their starting 11 and match day 18 in Klopp's first game

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

That's just awful team.

Odd to see "Why do we still obsess over managers" in ManUtd forum when we have seen what a great manager can do for more than 25 years.

Yeah so brilliantly run that this was their starting 11 and match day 18 in Klopp's first game

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Leiva, Can, Milner, Lallana (replaced by Allen), Coutinho (replaced by Ibe), Origi
Subs: Toure, Allen, Ibe, Bogdan, Sinclair, Vilaca Teixeira, Randall

That's just awful team.

Odd to see "Why do we still obsess over managers" in ManUtd forum when we have seen what a great manager can do for more than 25 years.
It stems from folk being desperate to see us bring in a DoF after the feck ups of the past few years I'm sure, and hoping that will be the big fix we are all hoping for.

I find it rather funny that Dortmund were the best run team in the World only during Klopp's reign and now it's Liverpool, also only during Klopp's reign, Brendon was just a little unlucky on the timing apparently :)

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It stems from folk being desperate to see us bring in a DoF after the feck ups of the past few years I'm sure and hoping that will be the big fix we are all hoping for.

I find it rather funny that Dortmund were the best run team in the World only during Klopp's reign and now it's Liverpool, also only during Klopp's reign, Brendon was just a little unlucky on the timing apparently :)
Yeah, amazing how mangers role is played down so easily.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Beside for people who is mentioning Ole got relegated with Cardiff, Klopp actually got relegated with Mainz.
Mainz were a 2nd division midtable team when Klopp ended his playing career midseason to take over the coaching post. He took them to their first ever Bundesliga promotion and kept them in the top flight for three years against the odds. He is as much as a club legend to people there as he is in Dortmund or Liverpool.
To compare Ole's time in Cardiff to Klopp's time in Mainz is fairly generous to put it mildly.

It stems from folk being desperate to see us bring in a DoF after the feck ups of the past few years I'm sure, and hoping that will be the big fix we are all hoping for.

Klopp being a special coach doesn't make the DoF role obsolete though.

fallengt

I've no idea why this comparison keeps being made.
Because something something patience..

This place had flip-floped its opinion on Klopp so many times in his first two seasons. "Fraud , yellow teeth, hispter, we dodged a bullet" etc... now he's the "best manager in the world". As if Bundesliga winner, UCL runner up had anything to prove.
Once he reached Europa league final with that shit Liverpool Squad, their board knew they were on safe bet.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

Let’s wait till the season ends before we jump to conclusions about Ole. I don’t think anyone could’ve done more than a top 4 race with this squad.
This is my biggest ilk.

The notion that nobody can do anything better with our squad.

You might not win a treble but you can do better with this squad. Saying you cant means ole is the best manager in the world and nobody can do better than him

Gehrman

This is my biggest ilk.

The notion that nobody can do anything better with our squad.

You might not win a treble but you can do better with this squad. Saying you cant means ole is the best manager in the world and nobody can do better than him
It's just weird really. Ole might come good, but let's not compare him to Klopp or Saf until he starts punching above his weight like Saf and Klopp has.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Because people are idiots.

If you had to wait to see Klopp win a CL with Liverpool before you rated him, you're a simpleton. If you thought he was a fraud, you're a simpleton.

Lentwood

Absolutely no-one thought that at the time.
Klopp brought it all together.

In a few years if Ole does as well as Klopp I’m sure some rival fans will be banging on about how United had been run great with the academy and talents like Greenwood, Williams, Laird, and building a squad with Fred, Martial, Rashford etc.

Make no mistake, without Klopp Liverpool are nowhere near where they are now.
The manager definitely has a very important role to play - Klopp is literally tailor made for Liverpool and the Kop, throw in his charisma and passion and it’s not hard to see why Liverpool, Dortmund and Mainz did brilliantly under his stewardship

My point is that’s all well and good but if the coaches are poor, the scouting network produces duds, the analysts are not up to scratch and the club’s SMT don’t have a clear vision the individual ability of a manager alone won’t deliver consistent success

I don’t know much about Klopp at Mainz but look at Dortmund and Liverpool - they’ve unearthed more gems in the transfer market in one season than we have made in 10!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
If you had to wait to see Klopp win a CL with Liverpool before you rated him, you're a simpleton. If you thought he was a fraud, you're a simpleton.
Agreed. But in fairness, the fact that he ended up at Liverpool has something to do with it. United fans desperately wanted him to fail, for obvious reasons, and some went overboard in spite of knowing deep down that he wasn't a "fraud" (whatever the hell that means - it's a label thrown around very freely, it seems).

AshRK

This goes to United fans.

I genuinely believe that "Klopp is at his own league" thing just happened after he won CL.

Undisputed, cannot talk shyte about him.

Yeah before that the club still was on 30 years drought, and people were laughing at them for bottling titles after titles (Leicester season) and last season.

Don't act like you lot knows shyte that Klopp is going to be the best in the world. It was Pep, now suddenly it's Klopp.
Good point. It's funny how people act as if Klopp was always doing a great job from the day one. Klopp needed time to build something special and he got that time. Otherwise his first 18 months wasn't a major success by any means. At a much bigger club he probably would have been sacked.

Giggsyking

The comparisons are daft, but I will have to respectfully disagree with this bit.
Liverpool was a worse side than us. The Liverpool side that was 2nd had Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho. None of them had Klopp.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good point. It's funny how people act as if Klopp was always doing a great job from the day one. Klopp needed time to build something special and he got that time. Otherwise his first 18 months wasn't a major success by any means. At a much bigger club he probably would have been sacked.
Why would Klopp have been sacked? He got Liverpool to 2 finals and then in his first full season he got top 4.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do so many people make the assumption that it would have taken the same time for him at a bigger/richer club than Liverpool? Surely it's safer to assume that having a better squad to begin with and more funds would have shortened the process?
And he got the to that EL final in his first season, it's not like he was serving up a pile of shit before doing a 180.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why do so many people make the assumption that it would have taken the same time for him at a bigger/richer club than Liverpool? Surely it's safer to assume that having a better squad to begin with and more funds would have shortened the process?
And he got the to that EL final in his first season, it's not like he was serving up a pile of shit before doing a 180.
There were signs of progress but I remember a lot of my Liverpool supporting mates getting sick of him even after the EL final. “Heavy metal football my arse” one said. Fans are impatient, and it wasn’t until they signed Van Dijk that a lot of them saw the plan come together. I can’t remember if any wanted him sacked but they definitely weren’t enamoured with him for a while.