Comparing Ole’s and Klopp’s first 18 months

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Ole will never reach the heights of a top manager, happy for this post to be recorded and for me to be proven wrong.

Ole is very one dimensional and can't seem to adapt to change. Look at Fat Frank against Arsenal the other day. He knew something wasn't working and made a change after half an hour. Could Ole do something like that? No. We've been losing in games to weaker opposition but he will still persist with his two holding midfielders till about the 75th minute. The guy is too predictable.
I'm sure Ole has made tactical adjustments in games before.

pav1790

As much as it hurts me to admit it, dippers managed to get hold of a manager that wants success and longevity both. Klopp’s teary eyed farewale at Mainz is a testament to what he is as a human being. His goodbye at Dortmund was muted but still in the interest of club - he announced his departure early so club can get a proper replacement.

Ole is the same on a personal level - a little less emotive may be. But Klopp has a track record of managing to build several exciting m footballing sides, current crop of scousers included. He has to rank higher - nearly on a different planet, regardless of the arbitrary stats.

Ole can be that. He clearly has the love of players and fans alike. If he succeeds, even by chance, he will rise to mythical heights. But as of now he’s not even a hair on Klopp’s beard.

During his first full season did he have any challenges like a thin squad, getting rid of deadwoods and losing important players for a quarter of the season?

Because given those circumstances, Ole had done a good job so far.

Ole out brigade tend to ignore those, blaming himself for that.
He had tonnes of deadwood, more than us, absolutely tonnes of dross.

No idea regarding his injury list though.

fallengt

He would have been sacked at Bayern/Barca/Madrid/Juve/Chelsea/City had he won nothing in the first 18 months and just had to show a 4th place trophy. Not that he would have just achieved that with those clubs but just saying.
Were those club's average position 4th and winning nothing prior to that? No? There is your answer.
Liverpool was average before Klopp took over, 2 finals in his non season and 4th in first season were an improvement, not massive but still was. Hence the word "progression"

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
But bayern and Chelsea have won the league and that is why they are more demanding than the Liverpool Board and supporters. Achieving what he achieved with Liverpool then was good and that is why there was no pressure on him to be sacked. There is no way that would have been appreciated by fans at Bayern or Juve or Madrid or Barca or Chelsea. Situation is different with each club. I am not saying he would have achieved the same if he was managing these clubs as they were in a better position but had he achieved the same it would not have been acceptable. I never said what he achieved with Liverpool was not good, it was not superb, but it was good, pretty good for his first full season.

Is it that difficult to understand or your love for Klopp is blinding you that and you just want to argue with others for the sake of it.

As for Ole, well if he finishes 4th with us this season he will also have done a good job. But I doubt many will come here shouting and saying he has done a superb job. Trust me many would still want him gone. You know why Pressure of managing Manchester United is much more than managing Liverpool.
It's kind of impossible to say how Klopp would fare in an imaginary scenario. All we can say is that from his history, he is very good at punching above his weight and getting maximum results with the squads he works with.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This thread is absolutely ridiculous. How can we compare one of the best managers in the world, universally beloved by fans, on course to win trophies with a German prick who embarrasses himself all the time.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Comparing anyone to Klopp's managerial efforts since Dortmund is unfair imo. I doubt there have been more than a handful of managers historically that did what he did since then. I'm not even sure if Klopp himself would be able to repeat that tbh.

Coops73

It's kind of impossible to say how Klopp would fare in an imaginary scenario. All we can say is that from his history, he is very good at punching above his weight and getting maximum results with the squads he works with.

Amerifan

Enough of these redundant threads. You don’t like Ole. We get it. Thanks for sharing.

Pscholes18

I'm sure this has been asked but in your opinions, could Klopp get our current squad to play better? More like Pool? Looking at Pool it seems we don't need WC players at every position, just need a squad that compliments each other.

Hoof the ball

The initial period of a manager's time at the club is about implementation, of his ideas, his tactical method, his work-ethic, etc. In the process of trying to develop these, it's quite inevitable that results will suffer in some form or another, initially, as the team takes them on and comes to maturity with them.

It's entirely possible for Klopp's Liverpool to achieve less points than Ole's United, initially, despite showing continual improvement in the way the football is being played, and how fluid a team is within the tactical system coached to them.

Conversely, it's entirely possible for Ole's United to achieve more points than Klopp's Liverpool, initially, despite showing little continual improvement in the way football is being played, and how fluid a team is within the tactical system coached to them.

It's never just a case of, "see, Klopp only got these amount of points". The point is, "was there clear evidence of a tactical system being worked within the team at large?"

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Klopp is one of a kind. In a league of his own. Please dont compare them.

If Klopp becomes the benchmark we will fire a lot of coaches going foward.
Exactly, you are comparing a legend with a newbie.
SAF was given times, Klopp was given times. It's down to management to decide how does the countdown clock works?
But as we see Chelsea keep changing manager policy doesn bring them any stability to the team. But in the end, sticking with Wenger also didn't do any good for arsenal too.