Competitiveness of the so called 'European Super League' ?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
And competitiveness of Premier League? And the competitiveness of the FA Cup? And so on.

3.5 Billion parachute payment founding clubs get, did I get that right? Why would any of the 'founding clubs' ever take domestic competition seriously?

It surely can't.

RedStarUnited

I think it's a one off payment to basically get them on their feet after the pandemic.

I dont see why the teams wouldn't still want to win their domestic leagues.

Crashoutcassius

Given that it is 18 to 25 games a season , I could see clubs resting players in domestic competition if they are allowed stay. Nothing to play for beyond 1st. A club could fairly easily have nothing to play for for 40 games left to play at Christmas haha

Infra-red

None of the European Super League (*spits*) clubs will be permitted to play in the FA Cup, so that competition will never be the same again.

As for the Premier League, assuming that the "big six" are even allowed to continue in it, they will just play their reserve teams because frankly who cares.

RedStarUnited

None of the European Super League (*spits*) clubs will be permitted to play in the FA Cup, so that competition will never be the same again.

As for the Premier League, assuming that the "big six" are even allowed to continue in it, they will just play their reserve teams because frankly who cares.
People keep saying this but the FA know it wont make any commercial sense. They have to allow the top teams because the top teams bring the revenues in.

cyberman

Ciry are worth trillions and takes every competition seriously.

padr81

Supports
Man City
And competitiveness of Premier League? And the competitiveness of the FA Cup? And so on.

3.5 Billion parachute payment founding clubs get, did I get that right? Why would any of the 'founding clubs' ever take domestic competition seriously?

It surely can't.
3.5 billion between them so divide that by 15 so 233m each. Honestly it'd only buy one Mbappe.

Infra-red

People keep saying this but the FA know it wont make any commercial sense. They have to allow the top teams because the top teams bring the revenues in.
The big six have just declared all out war on FIFA & UEFA - there is no chance that they will be allowed to compete in a FA-organised competition.

United have played their last ever FA Cup game.

RedStarUnited

The big six have just declared all out war on FIFA & UEFA - there is no chance that they will be allowed to compete in a FA-organised competition.

United have played their last ever FA Cup game.
I dong think FIFA cares about this as much as they might want to make it look like they do.

Believe you me, United will play in FA competitions. Every singles sponsor of the FA relies on teams like United being around.