Zidane watch

RedNed77

Nah. I'd have to lose about 20 iq points and a whole lot more in class to support the white handkerchief waving cnuts.
Quite similar to the Sanchez situation but even with the famous toxicity of united fans, we would not want/accept our coach coming up with what Zidane is saying.
Not disagreeing with the general gist of your argument, but Bastian Schweinsteiger says hello. Jose was worse towards him than Zidane has been with Bale until he actually managed to get him out of the door.

Edit: I also remember the fan led witch hunt of our all time top goalscorer.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Amethystxx

Imagine, Pogba leave us this season, but Zizou sack in Dec, Mourinho in charge at Madrid. POGBOOM!!

AJ10

Golfer bales Zidane out then gives him the middle finger.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I told you guys...Zidane is a slightly better Di Matteo. He had a team already built before he got there and then had a CR7 in his prime to bail him out.

He is massively overrated.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I told you guys...Zidane is a slightly better Di Matteo. He had a team already built before he got there and then had a CR7 in his prime to bail him out.

He is massively overrated.
Would you say he got a team already built this time around?

el3mel

The only thing that has been saving his job so far is how shite Barcelona are doing under Valverde.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thank god we didn’t get him after mourinho!

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't understand the fierce critics. He has a squad with way less firepower than Barcelona, and still has the same points as Barcelona in the league.

And winning three Champions Leagues is clearly not enough, it seems. In Alpha Centauri Galaxy teams normally win 10 Champions Leagues and 10 Leagues in a row, Zidane has clearly been far from that level.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I don't understand the fierce critics. He has a squad with way less firepower than Barcelona, and still has the same points as Barcelona in the league.

And winning three Champions Leagues is clearly not enough, it seems. In Alpha Centauri Galaxy teams normally win 10 Champions Leagues and 10 Leagues in a row, Zidane has clearly been far from that level.
In the Spanish league with the players at their disposal Jimmy Krankie could have won loads of trophies by just telling them to go out and play 90 minutes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
In the Spanish league with the players at their disposal Jimmy Krankie could have won loads of trophies by just telling them to go out and play 90 minutes.
Against Messi, Neymar and Suarez era Barcelona, and an Atletico Madrid side that made two CL finals and a SF in 4 years?

Besides, 3 CL in a row were won against the best of europe

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That's mainly because Barca have been crap though... as have Atletico. In a normal year the title would have been gone already as 22 points after 11 games is a pretty bad return.

I agree with you that it's not Zidane’s fault and that even if it all goes badly for him it shouldn’t mean he gets less credit for what he’s won previously. But I still don’t think he’s getting the best out of the squad he has or that he’s the right man to turn it around.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's mainly because Barca have been crap though... as have Atletico. In a normal year the title would have been gone already as 22 points after 11 games is a pretty bad return.
It would have been bad if this was the 16/17 side. It's not. We left a few points on the table, but on the whole given our schedule it's not a poor return

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It would have been bad if this was the 16/17 side. It's not. We left a few points on the table, but on the whole given our schedule it's not a poor return
He’s on pace for 76 points after having spent 400 million in the summer with signings he clearly gave his input on... it’s not as much of a disaster as last season but that can’t be good.

Biggest positive I can see is that he’s managed to fix a lot of the defensive issues but it just feels like Barca will run away with the title as soon as they’re bothered to go on a decent run of results. Maybe I’m wrong and they keep being average though

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He’s on pace for 76 points after having spent 400 million in the summer with signings he clearly gave his input on... it’s not as much of a disaster as last season but that can’t be good.
300, and 100 if it had already been spent without him. Another 100 was Hazard alone. 3 of the 5 players aged 21 or younger

Also lost Asensio, who was supposed to be one the pillars of the team, for the season. And we've been plagued by injuries in general. That i do kinda blame on him.

And yeah, 76 points would be disappointing. Next two months will tell us who we are and how well Zidane's doing

Biggest positive I can see is that he’s managed to fix a lot of the defensive issues but it just feels like Barca will run away with the title as soon as they’re bothered to go on a decent run of results. Maybe I’m wrong and they keep being average though
You can say the same about us though

Pastore27

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

So true.
Many people decided he was a poor coach before he even started, now they're just looking for signs to prove their point.
He can win 10 champion's leagues in 12 years, for some people he'll never get credit, it will always be luck / referees / the players ...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Tuchel: "I don't know how or how much Zidane is in love with Kylian, but the important thing is that Mbappe is our player. Often, we fall in love with things we can't have."

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Zidane is a very astute manager (contrary to what many people think) and overcrowded the field with very technical players vs PSG, mostly on the left side: Marcelo, Kroos, Isco, Hazard, Benzema. The result was a team that is used to have the ball, PSG, was obliged to try chase it for most parts of the game.

I don´t recall having seen Madrid get a draw and a standing ovation after the end of the game in the Bernabeu, but that happened vs PSG last Tuesday. It was in my opinion the best Madrid game since 2017.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why on earth do you have to make stupid knee jerk bump every time something (unexpected) happens?

I don't like Real Madrid, or him, but he is doing quite fine considering they are in bad transition period and replaced Ronaldo with Hazard who isn't showing even his real form, let alone being good replacement so far. They look nothing worse than any other top team out there.

Djemba-Djemba

Looked similar to a lot of their other Knockout performances under Zidane, they just didn't have Ronaldo there to bail them out.