Confirmation of CB

rotherham_red

Why is the caf obsessed with these ‘one or the other’ scenarios?

We need a CB, DM, RW and CF. They all have to be priority if we are serious about challenging for the big trophies.
With this board, we're not going to get more than three signings per summer. Of course, a properly serious club gets all four in one summer, but as it is, I think we'll get the RW and CB (though I think the DM is the biggest need), a GK to replace Romero and a RB to challenge AWB. Which on the face of it isn't bad but would be so much better if a DM was brought in as well, or at the expense of a CB.

A-man

Kind of thinking you are giving all the wrong examples. Win PSG - we played 3 CB. Brighton, RS and Granda, are not exactly top teams, aren't they?
Wrong examples? The claim was that he doesn’t step up when he plays without Maguire. These matches plus Liverpool are the only matches he has played without Maguire. Maybe too weak teams (5th in la Liga though) but imo he has stepped up enough in all examples available except maybe then Liverpool.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pretty much the only one of those we can and probably will leave for another year is a Striker.

Signing a top RW balances the side as we currently have none and would allow Greenwood to rotate with Cavani and Martial up front.

Signing a top DM could let us play 433 with Pogba and Fernandes in front of them which puts a stop to the nonsense of playing Pogba on the left wing forcing Rashford to the right.

Signing a top CB with pace allows us to A, hopefully defend better with a higher line and B, not have to play Bailly as much which is arguably as much of a positive.

Had we signed 3 top players for those positions last year I genuinely think we would have won the league or went very close this season. So I'm hoping we blow most the transfer budget on a winger, use all money generated from sales on a DM and I don't know hope to find an uncut gem of a CB somewhere for relatively cheap.

------------------------------De Gea/Henderson

AWB-----New CB/Lindelof----Maguire/Bailly-----Shaw/Telles

-------------------------New DM/Mctominay

---Fernandes/VDB--------------------------------Pogba/Fred

New RW/Diallo--Greenwood/Cavanni--Rashford/Martial
Mctominay isn’t a DM

stevoc

Mctominay isn’t a DM
Never said he was mate. Obviously if we get a proper DM when he doesn't play we will probably revert to McTominay and Fred. I don't see Fred playing as advanced as Pogba either despite their names being beside each other.