Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems the club is leaking this to the press before they make the news official. I thought he was going to at the end of the season but hey, now is better I guess.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I feel sorry for him. He seems like a nice man, but he was just out of his depth at this job.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sky Atlantic are now reporting the club are not denying the rumours

saivet

How much was Moyes getting paid again? I don't want to feel sorry for him.

mu4c_20le

I had a feeling today.. coupled by the fact that there are almost 2000 guests on a non-matchday, crashing our forums.

Good manager, but does not have the right temperament for a club like United. We are not just a big club, we are Manchester United. We do things our own way. We have a certain arrogance in our persona, both the players and fans. Success is in our blood. It's not easy to succeed Fergie, and simply being a nice, honest, hard working guy isn't enough. SAF of all people should have known this. We have a squad of winners, and if they sense weakness from their manager, how can they be confident on the pitch?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Seems the club is leaking this to the press before they make the news official. I thought he was going to at the end of the season but hey, now is better I guess.
The first place the announcement will be made is to the NYSE.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
At the memorial liverpool match, the commentator just mentioned it.

Raul Madrid

:lol: That's crap. He can do a great job at a team in mid table on lower resources (like Cardiff for example). But he simply didn't have what it takes to make the step up. Not all players are big club players, nor are managers. He'll still be remembered for doing very well at Everton, just failed miserably at United.

Hodgson took over England after Liverpool and has done well for England. His reputation has hardly been destroyed by a bad move to a club that wasn't suited for him. It's like some of you think he's been sentenced to death. :lol:
Never said he couldn't. How is that crap?

Amir

Good. He's a good guy, a good manager, but the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. No hard feelings, but it's the right thing for Manchester United.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
The sooner he is gone the better. Ryan Giggs to be installed as manager for the rest of the season?

Nickosaur

Daily Telegraph football correspondent Henry Winter on Twitter: End of the road for David Moyes at Manchester United. Long-term, Ryan Giggs manager. Doing Pro-licence, respected by players and fans. His teams really would attack. Moyes should never have dispensed with the coaching, advice and experience of Rene Meulensteen.
Taken from BBC. Giggs long term manager? Surely he couldn't step in straight away? I could see Van Gaal with Giggs as assistant/head coach to take over in a few years..

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
I really wanted Moyes to succeed after many rival fans predicted he'd fail, just hasn't worked out for him here though. If this is true, I wish him luck for the future.

Mad Winger

Can someone please create a gif out of the first few seconds of this video, and then switch out the heads with United players?

siw2007

Senior Journos are putting their name to it - Ogden and Winter at the Telegraph, Ladyman at the Mail. They've obviously been briefed.
Fair enough, I don't really know how it works with journalists finding this stuff out.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Moyes is and potentially now, was, out of his depth. But he tried his best. He hasn't had luck on his side, he clearly isn't tactically able to coach an attacking monster club. But you don't say no to the job so can you blame him for taking the offer? He acted with class most of the time but ultimately he was out of his depth. I don't hate him. He was the wrong choice in the end. Best of luck to him going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.