Congratulations Liverpool - Premier League Winners 2019/20

bonothom

Long way to go yet. City were 7 points behind at Xmas after losing to Leicester.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Dear scousers, 19 is still less than 20 you sagging sack of anal dildos.
And 6 is twice as much as 3.

Tune in next week for more exciting lessons in basic mathematics.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
This completely slipped my mind, with the crop of youth coming through a d the struggles with the national first team, shouldnt be long before they come knocking?

What is the general feeling around klopp and th3 national side, not seen much if any coverage linking him with it ever?
Im pretty sure that Löw will be gone as soon as Klopp is available for this job. The question is just what he wants to do.

koop

Liverpool win the Premier League
Utd get relegated. All in the same season?

Perfect Armageddon.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
yeah, I'm resigned to the fact we aren't catching them unless we hit a run of form with no injuries. I think we'll put all our eggs into trying to win the CL now

Sylar

Were only 15 points behind them. That can be made up within 10 games. Lets go!

Nah but seriously, they gonna win the league. They go away in December, will come back and still be in the lead with games in hand.

ExecutionerWasp001

Sadly, watching City win their third consecutive PL is just as bad as seeing the scouse breaking their 29 years malefice.
Not even close. You can quickly forget about City's success as it's just buying trophies. They're in the papers the next day then it's straight on to better stories. A Liverpool title win would need a 12 month media blackout. It would be a constant deluge of Dalgleish, Hanson, Rush, Aldridge et al pontificating on how they are back where they belong & how they're going to dominate again. They really are the worst.

Have to face up to it that they are going to take the title & probably the points record too. I thought VAR would be a leveler after all the luck they had last season,but it's likely to be their saviour. VAR will be used to achieve the result the powers that be want rather than the fair result

Nfplee

We need to forget about Liverpool and concentrate on ourselves. They've spent the last 30 years more interested in us failing and we have to be careful we don't fall into the same trap. Not in a million years would I want them to win the league but at the moment we're a million miles behind them.

SER19

They'd do well to not win it this year. Nobody else is equipped for a challenge it seems. Unless I'm misreading a guardiola meltdown on the horizon

Untied

Not even close. You can quickly forget about City's success as it's just buying trophies. They're in the papers the next day then it's straight on to better stories. A Liverpool title win would need a 12 month media blackout. It would be a constant deluge of Dalgleish, Hanson, Rush, Aldridge et al pontificating on how they are back where they belong & how they're going to dominate again. They really are the worst.

Have to face up to it that they are going to take the title & probably the points record too. I thought VAR would be a leveler after all the luck they had last season,but it's likely to be their saviour. VAR will be used to achieve the result the powers that be want rather than the fair result
Redcafe 2019 = RAWK 2009

Josep Dowling

In this thread we are talking about real things, not your delusions. Clearly wrong thread.
Thought I had put an edit comment on it stating it was posted to the wrong thread. I'd say my comment about Young is more factual than a thread calling Liverpool the Champions after 8 games but there you go.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If Liverpool do win it then Sir Alex would still remain the only manager to win 3 in a row, which is very impressive.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
If Liverpool do win it then Sir Alex would still remain the only manager to win 3 in a row, which is very impressive.
Undeniably a great achievement.
The great Liverpool team of the early 80s won it 3 years in a row but that was under 2 different managers. 82 and 83 was under Paisley and 84 under Fagan. We also won the European Cup and League Cup in 1984. Fagan really doesn't get the credit he deserves for what he did that season which has only been bettered by Fergie winning the FA Cup instead of the league cup in 1999.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Yikes.

sunama

Baghdad Bob

Come on, let's just get this out of the way.

Well done Liverpool, after years in the wilderness you've finally come back.
It's not inevitable.
I remember when MUFC were 12 points ahead of Arsenal, over a decade ago, at Christmas time.
Arsenal then went on to win the league.
I expect threads like this by LFC fans (who are desperate to win the league for the first time in 3 decades, but this thread should be locked!

Oh and even if LFC do win the league, I won't congratulate them.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Redcafe 2019 = RAWK 2009
Indeed.

Long way to go yet. City were 7 points behind at Xmas after losing to Leicester.
But based on simple extrapolation Liverpool won't drop any points until the end of the season. Best send that trophy over to Anfield now.

pixel

LInkash

Well, let's take what positives we can from this.

People were going on about City being the best Premier League team of all time, they can't claim that anymore now if they don't get three in a row.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
People don't give City the credit they deserve. 18 wins from the 19 remaining after that. 54 points from a possible 57.

We picked up 46 points from the remaining 57 available I think.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
People don't give City the credit they deserve. 18 wins from the 19 remaining after that. 54 points from a possible 57.

We picked up 46 points from the remaining 57 available I think.
That was an incredible haul as well!

The rhetoric surrounding both sides is ridiculous, where runs that in previous years would be title worthy are dismissed as bottling because there was no trophy in the end.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That was an incredible haul as well!

The rhetoric surrounding both sides is ridiculous, where runs that in previous years would be title worthy are dismissed as bottling because there was no trophy in the end.
I can only imagine the criticism Pep would've faced if we'd beaten them to the title and they'd been left with 'only' a League & FA Cup double. The same criticism would've been thrown at Klopp if we'd lost in Madrid.

Uncle Bob

Supports
Liverpool
There are 30 games left to play and 90 points to be won. Anyone can win it; we have had a great start but that's all it is.

That said, the one big factor coming into play this season - is last season's heartache. When you lose only one game all season, have the best defensive record, yet still, manage to lose the title by a solitary point, that will either make or break you. Judging by our perfect start and the fact Klopp won't allow anything other than a greedy monster mentality from the players, I think that will be enough to see us over the line. If we can keep everyone fit, the experience of last season might be the deciding factor.

Especially when I consider that City seem all over the place right now. If they weren't prioritizing the ECL before the Wolves match, I'd say they are definitely closer to doing so now. That also works in our favour.

Eric7C

The way Liverpool is playing and considering how far back we, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea etc are it's only a matter of time before they win it. I would rather we remain the only team to have won the pl trophy 3 times in a row.

Seeing city's struggles this year should itself tell what a fantastic achievement it was.
Liverpool can and will fall away eventually. It is important that they don't win the league in this period - YOU WILL NOT HEAR THE END OF IT, TRUST ME.

But anyway, they'll take it this year.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

It nearly happened last year. So I'm not sure why it's all that big a deal that it's going to happen this year. They're a top team now. Winning titles is going to be a direct consequence of that. I'm expecting a few league titles for them during this Klopp phase. Hopefully by the time he's done were in a position to start making up ground or going past them again.

Bulldog United

I won’t congratulate them on winning, but yes they are already Premier League Champions 2019/2020.

It’s sickening hearing Moores crow about Liverpool being on their perch after winning the Premier League for the first time in their entire history. We still have more titles than them, and that will never change. The perch is still ours. We’re still sitting on it.

Enjoy it because you’ll never win it again.

ExecutionerWasp001

It nearly happened last year. So I'm not sure why it's all that big a deal that it's going to happen this year. They're a top team now. Winning titles is going to be a direct consequence of that. I'm expecting a few league titles for them during this Klopp phase. Hopefully by the time he's done were in a position to start making up ground or going past them again.
I'm sure most of us were hoping City could keep it together for 1 more season as they are the only viable contenders. This would allow the likes of ourselves, Arsenal & Chelsea to get stronger & provide some resistance in 20/21. If this had happened they may have been waiting god knows how long before their next title.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I won’t congratulate them on winning, but yes they are already Premier League Champions 2019/2020.

It’s sickening hearing Moores crow about Liverpool being on their perch after winning the Premier League for the first time in their entire history. We still have more titles than them, and that will never change. The perch is still ours. We’re still sitting on it.

Enjoy it because you’ll never win it again.
:no: