Congratulations, London 2012

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Jolly good show!

Seriously though, I agree... it's been fantastic, and has far surpassed my expectations.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's been excellent, much better than I thought it would be. Well done to the organisers and the participants.

mjs020294

It came across very well on US TV, they absolutely lapped it up. Great games, well organized and some great achievements from the athletes.

Hitchcocker

Bar some of the opening ceremony, it's been an excellent Games. Good job, London!

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Best olympics ever imo. Couldn't really have done anything better and the host nation doing brilliantly hasn't done any harm either. And the stories of certain athletes and how they reached the top have been very inspiring.

eric le roi

I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over. It's been brilliant for so many reasons.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Was very cynical to begin with, and virtually everyone I know in London was too, but I was converted. It's been done brilliantly. Enjoyed it.

mjs020294

Who'd have thought London would have the most spectacular location for beach Volleyball ever (IMO). Everything about these games as been spot on. Even the weather played nice for the most part.

I thought we'd embarrass ourselves, but this has been spectacular. I'm probably biased but this is the best Olympic Games I can remember. The organisation is brilliant, the venues awesome and the atmosphere has been deafening especially when the British athletes are in action. So many countries and athletes have produced memorable moments too.

It's incredible to see how the UK seems to have united behind Team GB. Our unprecented success has left a real feel good factor. I'm just so proud of the country, our athletes and our fans. Many people i've come across, domestic and foreign also feel the same way. We've gone a long way towards putting the Great back into Britain.

.Phil1968

It's been brilliant,I was a bit meh before it all started but really got into it.Some really top performances and great memories.Great to see the fans getting behind our athletes and also being very sporting to all the competitors. Well done to all involved.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
last nights belting national anthem, courtesy of Mo Farah, was simply a perfect end.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Been an excellent games. There have been a lot of fantastic athletes from Britain too and their medal haul is superb. The athletes have been inspirational to an extent and hopefully they can inspire the next generation in this country.

buckooo1978

Yes

have to say I wasn't a fan of athletic events but am now

highlights - Opening ceremony, irish boxing, Bolt/Blake/Farah/Ennis, rowing, andy murray, hungary in the handball the other day, usa women and canada

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The penny just dropped when I was watching the olympics..........Billions of pounds spent on London,while the rest of the country suffers cuts.......London with all its tall edifices,that point skywards,not church edifices,they have been dwarfed, but the banking edifices that glorify their God.... MONEY.London is no longer a place for Londoners,it is Calcutta,Islamabad,Delhi ,Jamaica and all the hell holes of the world in one place,and it stinks....I mean it really stinks.It is the capital of disease,tuberculosis is once again rampant.Deviants are now the top dogs,even the government are bending to their ways.
If I had my way I would build a wall around London to keep them all locked in,I would allow the government to continue ruling London,but only London.The rest of England would have its own government,a different government,a government for the English.We would also have our own banking system,which would exclude the bank of England.Mainly we would control immigration,to suit our ways,not the scourge that has been foisted on us by London.....We are all being taken to the cleaners by Londons greed for money.......time for a major change in this country
a comment from a Telegaph blog!!!!

Bread

I'm genuinely so sad to see these Olympics end, ask me in April and I wasn't that arsed, knew I would watch and be interested but not too bothered, but from the opening ceremony I have been gripped an watched as much as I can as well as being bitterly disapointed to miss some moments like THE Saturday night and Wiggin's win but also been so pleased to have been able to watch the moments like Hoy's gold, Trott's gold, the Rowing, Murray's win, Mo Farah and I could go on.

The post games slump has already begun now and it is very sad to think I will almost definitely never see a games as enjoyable as this one personally, the british athletes have exceeded all expectations and more than anything I will miss that roar from the crowd when a Team GB athlete takes a medal or performs well, most likely never see that again.

Now we just have to see how the legacy of the games can be managed and what comes of all this success, I personally feel more desire to be involved in sport than I ever have but at 23 I'm too late to really make any great impact on anything and bar the odd moment I may take part and enjoy something the legacy isn't really aimed at me. Hopefully though enough young kids are inspired by the athletes on show at this games and in 10 or 20 years the effects can still be felt.

Sw33t

I will genuinely miss it.

Possibly once in a life time (likely). And it has been so so memorable. Ennis, Hoy, Kenny, Trott, Murray, Rutherford, Jade Jones, Nicola Adams, Joshua, Ben Ains and of course, the absolute highlight of all Olympics I've ever seen... Mo Farah - all of them have done GB completely proud - and more. Too many to name. They've all been outstanding.

Don't forget all the other athletes - special mention to Bolt, Rodisha, Blake. Three non-GB athletes which have made the games that much more enjoyable.

I almost can't wait for Rio now - going to feel so weird without the olympics on now.

Sam

I actually feel really down today, after all this build up, all this waiting, and now...its over. :( Not quite sure what to do once its over, I actually feel like I'm losing something...

Its just been magical. The opening ceremony set the tone, and its been fantastic ever since. So many highlights, so many memories. London, and Britain as a whole, have done themselves so proud. Best games, infact best sporting event, period, of my (relatively short) lifetime. Its been a joy.

mightberight

I'm genuinely so sad to see these Olympics end, ask me in April and I wasn't that arsed, knew I would watch and be interested but not too bothered, but from the opening ceremony I have been gripped an watched as much as I can as well as being bitterly disapointed to miss some moments like THE Saturday night and Wiggin's win but also been so pleased to have been able to watch the moments like Hoy's gold, Trott's gold, the Rowing, Murray's win, Mo Farah and I could go on.

The post games slump has already begun now and it is very sad to think I will almost definitely never see a games as enjoyable as this one personally, the british athletes have exceeded all expectations and more than anything I will miss that roar from the crowd when a Team GB athlete takes a medal or performs well, most likely never see that again.

Now we just have to see how the legacy of the games can be managed and what comes of all this success, I personally feel more desire to be involved in sport than I ever have but at 23 I'm too late to really make any great impact on anything and bar the odd moment I may take part and enjoy something the legacy isn't really aimed at me. Hopefully though enough young kids are inspired by the athletes on show at this games and in 10 or 20 years the effects can still be felt.
The legacy isn't just for the elite athletes mate ... it's to encourage the whole nation to get involved in sport and to improve their lives. I'm 22 but it's certainly inspired me to push myself a little bit harder when it comes to coming home from a long day and going out for a bit of fitness or sport. How long that'll last I'm not sure, but I'm sure it will change many lives for the good.

Bread

The legacy isn't just for the elite athletes mate ... it's to encourage the whole nation to get involved in sport and to improve their lives. I'm 22 but it's certainly inspired me to push myself a little bit harder when it comes to coming home from a long day and going out for a bit of fitness or sport. How long that'll last I'm not sure, but I'm sure it will change many lives for the good.
Oh yer agree with that, What I more mean is at 22 I'm unlikely to be competing in anything even at an amateur level, the real legacy will hopefully be for people to really make a dent in their sporting community even if it never gets past the local level.

eric le roi

Legacy can mean all sorts of things. If it inspires you to go to the gym more often, or cycle to work, or whatever, then that's part of the legacy. Competitive sport is just the tiny tip of a huge iceberg.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It's been very good. And you Brits should be proud.

I'm not into any of these sports but I have watched a fair few of them. Now it will be 4 years before I watch them ever again. Like most people I expect.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Brilliant event. Britishers have every reason of being proud.

mjs020294

The one area London was way better than Beijing is the spectators. Beijing was mainly local people; many didn't seem to know much about the sports ir even really wnat to be there.

However the crowds in London have be very diverse and the atmosphere was far superior.

Agent Red

Was always keen for them, from the moment we won the bid to all the things we had in the run up. But even then, I could never have predicted how great it would be. It's just felt like the whole country has been riding on a wave for the past 16 days. The combination of that good feeling and Team GB surpassing the (already high) expectations, it's been really special.

Going to be at a bit of a loss now!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
First time I've actually properly watched an Olympics.

Although the biggest reason for that is probably ESPNSTAR bagging the rights in India. Having 4 channels of sport all day has been great. Even though I watch only off and on it's a great option to have.

mjs020294

Yep, don't need it... have it in Paris.. I don't wanna pay for it. But it's been impossible not to be swept up in it.
Have they given any estimates on the final costs and possible revenues recently?

Dan

I want the Olympic Stadium to remain as it is, it shouldn't be given away to a football club to use.

Sylar

The whole Olympics was fantastic. The spectators were great. The facilities were awesome especially by the looks of it, the Velodrome, Aquatics centre and the Olympic Stadium.

The BBC coverage, the BBC Olympic channels provided and the onlien facilities were the best ive ever seen.

It of course helped TeamGB were just brilliant athletes, and such humble people and winners. I think the winning part was brilliant of course. It added that extra bit of pride.

My only let down was the sham of the site which screwed lots and lots of people out of seeing the events whilst there were still empty seats and of course allowed certain people to see lots of events.

Other than that, ive loved it.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Dunno what to do with myself now it's over! I can't believe how much of it I've watched, I also can't believe how many of the sports I actually enjoyed too, even some of the baffling cycling events were interesting.

Well done to all involved. They should keep the olympic village as a national training camp or something.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Since Singapore in 2005 i waited and i knew we could put on a show to be proud of, but the whole package has just been amazing. Even the transport performed without any major problems. lol

It is going to leave a void in my day. The football season might be just round the corner but i am struggling to get enthused about it.

There are a few sports i'll hope to follow more closely after this year.

We can he proud of the athletes, the volunteers, the military, the fans, and even LOGOG.

:)