Conor Gallagher | Everton make 40m + 5m bid?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Where did Palace play him that he seemed to make such a big impact there?
You’ve heard of box-to-box, only way I can really describe it was goal line-to-goal line. Given his biggest quality is his energy we basically had Kouyate and McArthur sitting in and Conor could roam wherever he wanted. Sometimes he’d be making a last ditch tackle and in the very next phase of play he’d be about 15 yards further forward than anyone else pressing the goalkeeper, have never seen anything quite like it, proper Duracell bunny stuff.

I always thought he’d struggle with the step up at Chelsea because that kind of role doesn’t exist at a big club BUT I also think he has more quality than he’s managed to show, not sure if that’s a confidence thing or if he’s trying too hard...either way, he definitely didn’t do himself justice in yesterday’s game.

Ironically I am not sure he’s a good fit for us now with Eze playing through the middle, chances are we’ll be looking for someone to sit in there alongside Doucoure rather than a Conor Gallagher. Could see him ending up at West Ham, even Newcastle.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I think he's a superb athlete but lacking as a footballer, which is something you can label towards several Chelsea players.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Genuinely don't think it's that hard to know one way or the other - I can assure you that there's no KdB/Mourinho situation here. In a lot of ways it'll be dictated by offers so there's some gray area here, but here's the (100% correct and indisputable) breakdown of the squad. Also, hire me if you want Chelsea, my consulting rates are very reasonable:

Keep 100%:
Enzo Fernandez
Thiago Silva
Reece James
Ben Chilwell
Christopher Nkunku
Malo Gusto
Benoit Badiashile
Mykhailo Mudryk
Wesley Fofana
Noni Madueke
Levi Colwill
Ian Maatsen
Andrey Santos

Keep but potentially loan:
Carney Chukwuemeka
David Datro Fofana
Gaga Slonina
Armando Broja (once he's back from his ACL tear)

Sell 100%:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Hakim Ziyech
Christian Pulisic
Cesar Azpilicueta

Ideally sell but unlikely:
Marc Cucurella
Kalidou Koulibaly
Raheem Sterling
Romelu Lukaku

Entertain offers but only sell if price is right:
Mason Mount
Conor Gallagher
Trevoh Chalobah
Kai Havertz
Ruben Loftus-Cheek
Mateo Kovacic
Edouard Mendy
Kepa Arrizabalaga

Let return to parent clubs:
Joao Felix
Denis Zakaria
You were pretty spot on

flappyjay

Now reporting Chelsea turned it down and West Ham won't go higher. There is a God.

Also, Chelsea are you mental? 40M is an amazing offer and I would be amazed if anyone offers more.
In the past few months they have sold Loftus cheek, Kovacic, kante and Jorginho. I think the only true cm's left are Gallagher and Enzo with some kids from the academy.

Supports
Chelsea
We should accept £40m+5 if it comes regardless of our midfield situation. Like Con as a player but he's not really suited to sides that dominate possession as much as we do.

£37m incl bonuses is too low though we should hold out for more.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Now reporting Chelsea turned it down and West Ham won't go higher. There is a God.

Also, Chelsea are you mental? 40M is an amazing offer and I would be amazed if anyone offers more.
The only senior midfielders we left are Gallagher and Enzo. We’ve had such an overhaul that Gallagher is now one of the senior voices in the squad.

I actually think Chelsea have been open to selling him for at least 6 months now. Remember we accepted a £40M bid from Everton in January but he rejected fhem

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We should accept £40m+5 if it comes regardless of our midfield situation. Like Con as a player but he's not really suited to sides that dominate possession as much as we do.

£37m incl bonuses is too low though we should hold out for more.
I would have been happy to sell him before we sold the entire midfield. He seems desperate to stay, so I honestly don’t understand the rush to sell him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The player is believed to be keen to join West Ham.
For some reason, he’s been told he’s surplus to requirements and he’s accepted that decision, despite wanting to stay. That is in the Times today. What do you think about Gallagher at West Ham? Chelsea’s fanbase on pretty split on on him but most acknowledge he isn’t quite good enough for level we need.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
For some reason, he’s been told he’s surplus to requirements and he’s accepted that decision, despite wanting to stay. That is in the Times today. What do you think about Gallagher at West Ham? Chelsea’s fanbase on pretty split on on him but most acknowledge he isn’t quite good enough for level we need.
I would have believed £40m or so was very expensive and unjustified a year ago, but Arsenal have given us a ridiculous fee for Rice so it's all relative, I suppose.

Might be the kind of player who thrives under Moyes - we're also supposedly interested in Chalobah (no opinion), Zakaria (looks okay on the highlight reels) and Broja - no centre forward has destroyed us like he has in the last couple of years. He's absolutely murdered our centre backs when at Southampton.

crossy1686

career ending
Good player for Everton if they can get him. Definitely their level, even when he was at Palace you could see he was good but didn’t have it for a team in the top 6.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Times claim WHU have now bid £47m.

Also in for Ward Prowse at £25m and trying to nab Kamada from Eintracht on a free.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
It looks like WHU have also bid for McTominay at the same time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I would have believed £40m or so was very expensive and unjustified a year ago, but Arsenal have given us a ridiculous fee for Rice so it's all relative, I suppose.

Might be the kind of player who thrives under Moyes - we're also supposedly interested in Chalobah (no opinion), Zakaria (looks okay on the highlight reels) and Broja - no centre forward has destroyed us like he has in the last couple of years. He's absolutely murdered our centre backs when at Southampton.
I don’t want to sell him to be honest, but if you keep increasing your bids, it’ll get to a number where it makes no sense to reject. Near £50M is already on the cusp f that number.

Supports
Chelsea
I would have been happy to sell him before we sold the entire midfield. He seems desperate to stay, so I honestly don’t understand the rush to sell him.
We'd be in such a better position had we got Ugarte when it seemed nailed on, real shame. No rush but always the chance these clubs move onto other targets if it drags on, leaving us with a player who doesn't really fit in a deeper role and has better/more suited players ahead of him in a more advanced role. Not a massive problem though as he'll always be a great player to have in the squad and one who actually loves the club.

You also have to consider his sale counting as pure profit for FFP, giving us greater power in the market to do something big.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Only sensible if pochettino believes in casedai and chukwuemeke otherwise it's utter stupid to sell gallagher. We are having Enzo only recognised midfielder if conor goes. Bloom will surely add 30 mn more to caicedo value. :lol:.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Lets hope they move on from him and decide to bid for Mctominay
So they discussed with Poch, then reject 40m offer but willing to let go for 50m. Poch must have big plan for Gallagher.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
So they discussed with Poch, then reject 40m offer but willing to let go for 50m. Poch must have big plan for Gallagher.
Don't you think to increase asset value these kind of things said by managers all the time. If he is part of the plan he will stay.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

Broja is the real deal, cant wait to watch him play this season. I remember you guys trying to buy him off us last summer aswell.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Don't you think to increase asset value these kind of things said by managers all the time. If he is part of the plan he will stay.
That 10m different shouldn't be a deciding factor of whether a player is part of the plan or not.

If they said, 40m was the offer but then after talking to Poch, it's 70m offer that is too good to be rejected; that kinda make sense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea are going to sell all their midfielders and go all in with Caicedo aren’t they?
They need a few more on top of that. Currently it's Enzo Fernandez and that's it for experience unless the new Brazilian guy is ready to play 50 games.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Would take him at Spurs given the links as I think he'd be a very good fit in Ange's system as one of the 8s, that said they apparently turned down an offer from West Ham that would have already been at the absolute upper echelon of what I think is reasonable/honestly expensive to pay for a player like him who seems to be incredibly system dependent.

I imagine they'll sit and wait for a higher offer that won't come and he'll end up at West Ham.

Wild considering they have basically no midfielders though.

SAFMUTD

50M for Gallagher is madness. He's a 35-40M player at most, mainly because he's still young and may actually be a good player but he's living off the hype of his time in Palace. With Chelsea he's been underwhealming to say the least.