Conor Gallagher | Everton make 40m + 5m bid?

g11

I watched their game against Spurs today and this kid stood out in the second half. He was everywhere and got involved at the right place at the right time on both ends of the pitch.

paulscholes18

Palace should try everything to sign him, he won’t be getting in the Chelsea first team anytime soon.

Jack-C20

For absolutely no logical reason, I can’t stand him. Think it’s the hair maybe. Doing well at Palace though.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Palace should try everything to sign him, he won’t be getting in the Chelsea first team anytime soon.
You never know. Chalobah has come out of seemingly nowhere to be a pretty important part of the team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Saw him a few times at Swansea and he wasn’t up to much.

Seems to have come on massively.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He showed he could be an attacking force on loan at Charlton. He was kind of restricted on that front playing under Big Sam at West Brom. He's back to being super effective at both ends, and he's a joy to watch.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I look at him and think he should be where Mount is. It's a conundrum for Chelsea. Think they would sell if the right offer came in from a mid table side.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
He did excellent at Charlton. Then went to Swansea and did well. Then he was loaned to West Brom and was one of their better performers. Now he is at Palace.

Each loan has been a step up and each time he has risen to the occasion. One of the few times I can say the loan strategy has worked. I’m pleased for him. Thought he might take Gilmours place in the squad but consistent minutes is invaluable.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Definitely stood out yesterday. Had that extra composure and class on the ball.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Good player but I think Chelsea will sell him for good money. I think they’re the best in the world for making coin from young and squad players, with Liverpool. United’s youth seems good at making first team players but below that they seem to fall away and no end up bringing much money in. think I read Chelsea took in 120,000,000 over the summer, maybe more…

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I look at him and think he should be where Mount is. It's a conundrum for Chelsea. Think they would sell if the right offer came in from a mid table side.
Yeah I was saying in one of the other threads that Chelsea in the last 5 years or so are producing these good talents at a rate quicker than the first team can realistically handle. Lamptey and Livramento were casualties of Reece James' success for example. We let Guehi and Tomori go, but Chalobah looks like he's forced his way into the back 3 that already contains Christensen. We may end up having to make a difficult to choice with Gallagher too. My gut feeling says he'll ask for a transfer next summer because he can't see himself getting an acceptable number minutes over Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic, or indeed Mount and Havertz.

unbeatabla

Supports
Chelsea
I think Chelsea are going to have to decide between Gallagher and Gilmour. And given the way we play Gilmour seems the better fit. But seeing how Gallagher plays for Crystal Palace, maybe he can be an option for the front 3? Maybe as an understudy to Mount?

flappyjay

I think Chelsea are going to have to decide between Gallagher and Gilmour. And given the way we play Gilmour seems the better fit. But seeing how Gallagher plays for Crystal Palace, maybe he can be an option for the front 3? Maybe as an understudy to Mount?
Keep both if not possible keep Gilmore, his type is not flashy but is very hard to find.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Thought he did very well on that last goal yesterday. Had the composure to stop while everyone else around him was moving and then find the right pass to set up the goal.

Devil may care

He looks a decent prospect, definitely one to watch this season, I didn't realize he was on loan from Chelsea.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I was saying in one of the other threads that Chelsea in the last 5 years or so are producing these good talents at a rate quicker than the first team can realistically handle. Lamptey and Livramento were casualties of Reece James' success for example. We let Guehi and Tomori go, but Chalobah looks like he's forced his way into the back 3 that already contains Christensen. We may end up having to make a difficult to choice with Gallagher too. My gut feeling says he'll ask for a transfer next summer because he can't see himself getting an acceptable number minutes over Jorginho, Kante and Kovacic, or indeed Mount and Havertz.
While it will inevitably help other teams. It’s incredible how good our academy is. We are producing local talent at premier league level consistently now. None of these unforgettable products from abroad who end up in serie B anymore.

izec

Chelsea about to make £40m from another player.
They are producing good players and selling at the right time. We had Tuanzebe and Henderson that could have been sold in the past for good money, but decided to keep them around.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They are producing good players and selling at the right time. We had Tuanzebe and Henderson that could have been sold in the past for good money, but decided to keep them around.
We also lost a few for nothing (Musiala being the most notable) or for a pittance (Lewis Bate at Leeds).

redrobed

Fantastic player. I think for all the talk over the summer and prior about Gilmour I feel this lad has the higher ceiling by some distance. I’m not sure I see him at a top 4 club in the future (unless as a squad player) but could see him being a key player for someone like an Everton/Arsenal/Spurs.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Palace fans seem to have fallen head over heels for him.

Last edited:

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
At pre-season he had some awkward moments. Think Tuchel felt he need game time to develop further but I don't think tuchel will give up on him too early in my opinion.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
While it will inevitably help other teams. It’s incredible how good our academy is. We are producing local talent at premier league level consistently now. None of these unforgettable products from abroad who end up in serie B anymore.
Yeah we still poach the odd player from other clubs at age 14-15, but the vast majority of the players coming through have been here since U10. There are still players that don't make it beyond 3rd or 4th division level, but they don't really get any attention, but you're right, the number of guys making it at PL level is impressive.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
For absolutely no logical reason, I can’t stand him. Think it’s the hair maybe. Doing well at Palace though.
He's got a bit of whiny face and the floppy hair doesn't help either. I like him as a player though, he made things happen for West Brom who were rubbish so it's good to see him do well for a better PL team. I hope Chelsea get round to selling him at some point before he retires, the fecking pricks.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Yeah we still poach the odd player from other clubs at age 14-15, but the vast majority of the players coming through have been here since U10. There are still players that don't make it beyond 3rd or 4th division level, but they don't really get any attention, but you're right, the number of guys making it at PL level is impressive.
It's a very impressive record to be fair.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Palace fans seem to have fallen head over heels for him.

His energy is fantastic and I have loved watching him play with the freedom Vieira’s given him…BUT Eze is way ahead of schedule and is looking like he might be back in the next month. For me Eze needs to play as the most advanced midfielder in our system, it’s not even a debate in my mind however good CG’s been, ultimately Eze is our player and his ceiling is just as high as CG’s from what I’ve seen. That’ll possibly mean a more disciplined role for CG and he didn’t shine at WBA when he was asked to hold his position a bit more. Will be interesting to see how that situation plays out.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
With kids you never know how they could develop. But recently we finally got huge experience in developing young kids into premier league level players.

That will become handy in future. Experience of it will really help them into developing more and more talented kids in future.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
His energy is fantastic and I have loved watching him play with the freedom Vieira’s given him…BUT Eze is way ahead of schedule and is looking like he might be back in the next month. For me Eze needs to play as the most advanced midfielder in our system, it’s not even a debate in my mind however good CG’s been, ultimately Eze is our player and his ceiling is just as high as CG’s from what I’ve seen. That’ll possibly mean a more disciplined role for CG and he didn’t shine at WBA when he was asked to hold his position a bit more. Will be interesting to see how that situation plays out.
What would be your best Xl and formation when Eze is fit again?

Because you've played a 433 every game this season with Gallagher forming a part of the midfield 3 alongside two more defensive minded midfielders. Is this the position you see Eze slotting into? I'd always imagined he'd be part of the front 3, potentially in the place of Ayew?

Guaita
Ward Andersen Guehi Michell
Gallagher Kouyate McArthur
Eze Edouard Zaha

Something along those lines? Or do you think Ayew stays put, but one of Kouyate and McArtur drops out of the team meaning Gallagher then has to, as you say, slot into a more disciplined role?

What would be your best Xl and formation when Eze is fit again?

Because you've played a 433 every game this season with Gallagher forming a part of the midfield 3 alongside two more defensive minded midfielders. Is this the position you see Eze slotting into? I'd always imagined he'd be part of the front 3, potentially in the place of Ayew?

Guaita
Ward Andersen Guehi Michell
Gallagher Kouyate McArthur
Eze Edouard Zaha

Something along those lines? Or do you think Ayew stays put, but one of Kouyate and McArtur drops out of the team meaning Gallagher then has to, as you say, slot into a more disciplined role?
I think Eze will drop into midfield and Olise will play on the wing, that’s what I’ve heard from some other CP fans.