Conor Gallagher | Everton make 40m + 5m bid?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
It will be a tough decision if there is indeed a clause. On one hand I could see him challenging for serious minutes as things stand now at Chelsea. On the other … he’s getting invaluable development for the long term at Chelsea as the “star of the show” at CP this season. Not sure you want to derail that.
He looks ready now. He is going to be some player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It will be a tough decision if there is indeed a clause. On one hand I could see him challenging for serious minutes as things stand now at Chelsea. On the other … he’s getting invaluable development for the long term at Chelsea as the “star of the show” at CP this season. Not sure you want to derail that.
There is no chance of recalling him. Chelsea won't do it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I worked with his aunt, amount of money he was on before 18 was crazy, then he got his new deal and bought his family house and a mercedes straight away.

Get's a PAYG card from Nike every season as well with very healthy balance on it.
Not a bad life eh. I swear I remember Loftus Cheek getting a really big salary before he was a first teamer back in the day too

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Good luck getting in ahead of the million players Chelsea have hoarded.
Not a bad life eh. I swear I remember Loftus Cheek getting a really big salary before he was a first teamer back in the day too
That was because Man City were trying to poach him off us, didn't have much choice we wanted to keep him.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
He’s better than Barkley who will go and better all around than Ruben Loftus-Cheek. Saul will return to Atleti.

So there will 100% be a midfield spot up for grabs next summer for one of Billy Gilmour or Gallagher. Especially with Kante being injury prone now and Jorginho approaching his 30’s.

Irrational.

They said that about Mount, James, RLC, Christensen, CHO and Chalobah.

If you're good enough, you'll get a chance.
On the flip side, you have players like Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Niguez, Ampadu, Emerson, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kennedy and Batshuayi amongst others whiling away valuable years of their careers being on the books at Chelsea. As soon as a shiny new toy comes around, they’re dumped.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On the flip side, you have players like Loftus-Cheek, Barkley, Niguez, Ampadu, Emerson, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Kennedy and Batshuayi amongst others whiling away valuable years of their careers being on the books at Chelsea. As soon as a shiny new toy comes around, they’re dumped.
Come on most of those guys were given fair chances but just weren't good enough, and Chelsea can't flog them so they're on loan. Trust me, if those players had willing buyers they'd have been sold years ago.

Ekeke

They said that about Mount, James, RLC, Christensen, CHO and Chalobah.

If you're good enough, you'll get a chance.
Think he's quality, though not too convinced by his vision he makes up for it with his determination and work ethic.

Who does he displace to start for Chelsea though? Jorginho, Kovacic or Kante? And which does he play next to?

He's good enough to be starting in a strong team if not at Chelsea. He'd be straight in for us and have a goos shot at starting at Liverpool.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Think he's quality, though not too convinced by his vision he makes up for it with his determination and work ethic.

Who does he displace to start for Chelsea though? Jorginho, Kovacic or Kante? And which does he play next to?

He's good enough to be starting in a strong team if not at Chelsea. He'd be straight in for us and have a goos shot at starting at Liverpool.
We've seen this season that more than 3 midfielders are needed. Kante barely plays 50% of the games and Jorginho is playing injured at the moment because Saul and Barclay aren't good enough in Tuchel's eyes.

We had a right back in midfield the other day.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
So

Mount, James, RLC, Christensen, CHO, Gallagher and Chalobah.

Would you be willing to take a wager that none of them will be in our squad two years from now?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

I think he'll be the long term successor to Kante.

duffer

Scout
They're dumped if they're not good enough, not because of anything else.

Ekeke

I think he'll be the long term successor to Kante.
He's one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season. Why would he want to be the long term successor when he can be playing every week and get in the England team?

If its Kante, thats Kante on the bench or off in the next 12 months

Ekeke

We've seen this season that more than 3 midfielders are needed. Kante barely plays 50% of the games and Jorginho is playing injured at the moment because Saul and Barclay aren't good enough in Tuchel's eyes.

We had a right back in midfield the other day.
Okay. And if Kante gets fit you dont think he wants to play?

You have Kovacic who has maybe been the best CM, Jorginho and Kante for the other spot. Thats 3 senior and quality options for 2 spots. When all is going to plan, who is the one sacrificed for Gallagher to be starting or first off the bench?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He's one of the best midfielders in the premier league this season. Why would he want to be the long term successor when he can be playing every week and get in the England team?

If its Kante, thats Kante on the bench or off in the next 12 months
That's not to say they can't play together while they're both at the club but I think going forward he will take his role in terms of importance to the set up.

Not a like for like replacement no, but the odds of finding another Kante is next to nil.

duffer

Scout
Okay. And if Kante gets fit you dont think he wants to play?

You have Kovacic who has maybe been the best CM, Jorginho and Kante for the other spot. Thats 3 senior and quality options for 2 spots. When all is going to plan, who is the one sacrificed for Gallagher to be starting or first off the bench?
Depends who is in form, depends on the opponents.

Gallagher knows he will have to fight for his place, just like Mount did, just like James did and just like CHO and Chalobah are doing.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Generational is a bit overused these days.

Out of the late 90s/early 00s players only Mbappe and Haaland fall into that category.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Everyone complaining about Chelsea’s loan army are finally seeing the fruits of their labours now. 2 top talents out on loan ready to slot into their midfield next season. Amazing stuff. This just after letting the likes of Livramento and Lamptey and even Abraham go. They’ve really hit their stride with the youth setup/loan arrangements. They get solid prices for their sales because their players wages aren’t pumped up just to keep them around as 3rd choice backup in the squad and they are always in the shop window or gathering valuable experience and value elsewhere

duffer

Scout

Why would Crystal Palace be his only other option to Chelsea when only Kovacic has been better from CM?
Because contracts are a thing and his runs out in 2025.

Also because Conor himself has said he wants to try to make it at Chelsea.

He's not going to ask to leave without at least 1 season of tryinh.

Ekeke

Because contracts are a thing and his runs out in 2025.

Also because Conor himself has said he wants to try to make it at Chelsea.

He's not going to ask to leave without at least 1 season of tryinh.
So you think he's going to sit there as 4th choice for 2 spots for a year instead of wanting to carry on the current momentum into the England team?

I think you'd be very lucky to have him do that and he'd probably stall his own development. Its possible, I doubt any more than that.

I dont think Chelsea will keep him if he doesn't want to be there and asks to leave. You have more than enough in that position

duffer

Scout
So you think he's going to sit there as 4th choice for 2 spots for a year instead of wanting to carry on the current momentum into the England team?

I think you'd be very lucky to have him do that and he'd probably stall his own development. Its possible, I doubt any more than that.

I dont think Chelsea will keep him if he doesn't want to be there and asks to leave. You have more than enough in that position

I am certain that barring injury, he'll be part of the Chelsea squad next season, fighting for a first team spot.

And as for the bolded part, he's already said that he does want to be there. He's not going to ask to leave without giving it a try.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Is a massive beneficiary of Vieira’s system I have to say, the role he’s playing is tailor made for him. If you try and pin him to a specific midfield position then he looks nowhere near the same player. That’s the big issue I see for him at Chelsea.

I think with a November World Cup we might have a shot at getting him on another loan but that’s probably the best we can hope for.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I do not think there is a recall clause. CP Manager said he will be with them until the end of the season and with him getting better it is a win win for both clubs.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What Chelsea have to be careful about is that soon, it’s going to be seen as being better for your career to leave.

Rather than competing for minutes in a massive squad, take a step down, play every single week and wait for a team to come in and give you a massive contract and you are set.

Chelsea will end up losing a lot of talents long term who believe in themselves and want to play football.

Their fans won’t want to believe that, but the process has already started. The lights shining brightest this season from their youth setup are starting for other teams.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is a massive beneficiary of Vieira’s system I have to say, the role he’s playing is tailor made for him. If you try and pin him to a specific midfield position then he looks nowhere near the same player. That’s the big issue I see for him at Chelsea.

I think with a November World Cup we might have a shot at getting him on another loan but that’s probably the best we can hope for.
How and where exactly does he play for you? A free central midfield role to do as he pleases? I’ve only properly seen him in highlights or his stats on FPL.

duffer

Scout
What Chelsea have to be careful about is that soon, it’s going to be seen as being better for your career to leave.
Mount, James and Christensen have all shown that a loan can be a fantastic way to progress into the first team at Chelsea.

Nice problem to have when everyone seems to want our kids. Some won't be up for the fight and that's understandable. I don't begrudge any out of Livramento, Lamptey or Bate for making a move to lesser sides in the change of an easier journey into first team football.

Maluco

Mount, James and Christensen have all shown that a loan can be a fantastic way to progress into the first team at Chelsea.

Nice problem to have when everyone seems to want our kids. Some won't be up for the fight and that's understandable. I don't begrudge any out of Livramento, Lamptey or Bate for making a move to lesser sides in the change of an easier journey into first team football.
It may only be Mount and James if Christensen doesn’t sign his contract. I can’t see the others coming back unless there are certain guarantees which Chelsea can’t give.

Chabolah, if anything, proves what is happening. He is 22 and hasn’t even started 10 league games for Chelsea. 6 months down the line, there could well be a new boss in who doesn’t fancy him.

The players know that now. It’s far easier to establish yourself where you are guaranteed consistency and games and that could mean Chelsea losing their most promising youth players year after year in the future.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Chabolah, if anything, proves what is happening. He is 22 and hasn’t even started 10 league games for Chelsea. 6 months down the line, there could well be a new boss in who doesn’t fancy him.
That's nothing for than if, buts and maybe's at this point.

This type of "risk" also applies to senior players too, infact a place opened up for Chalobah because Tuchel didn't one of our title winning centre halfs.

Maluco

That's nothing for than if, buts and maybe's at this point.

This type of "risk" also applies to senior players too, infact a place opened up for Chalobah because Tuchel didn't one of our title winning centre halfs.
It’s based on evidence. Where is Abraham? Where is Tomori? Where is Gilmour? Lamptey wanted out completely and won’t be back. More will follow when they see how he is getting on and the interest he is getting.

The risk is magnified at Chelsea because of the short term approach and the pressure on managers to succeed immediately. You don’t have time for the youth player to have patchy form and bad games. You need to win.

Its only been a few games, but you can bet all the money you have that Chelsea will have a new centre half in January if they have a bad December.

There is no time and the players know that. Chabolah will soon be thinking how the press might be talking him up in a Brighton or Southampton shirt.