Conor McGregor thread.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Er, :nervous:

Last edited:

Paxi

Most boxers go 12 rounds with Mayweather.
Freddie Flintoff would have probably lasted 5 :lol:
That's bollox. Its clear McGreggor didn't have the stamina. You comparing him to Flintoff is just wrong.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
That's bollox. Its clear McGreggor didn't have the stamina. You comparing him to Flintoff is just wrong.
It was a joke. I was mostly pointing out that Mayweather doesn't tend to finish fights early as he doesn't really have the power punches.
He finished this fight. McGregor, boxer or not, couldn't go the distance that boxers have done.

Paxi

I really don't understand the laughing? Anyone that gets into the ring with Mayweather is fecking a lion, even for £50 million.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
How did it last do long though? Would he have lasted this long against Ali or Tyson?

Paxi

It was a joke. I was mostly pointing out that Mayweather doesn't tend to finish fights early as he doesn't really have the power punches.
He finished this fight. McGregor, boxer or not, couldn't go the distance that boxers have done.
Oh, of course, McGreggor never stood a chance. fecking heart though...

Paxi

Never stood a chance? Exactly. He fought for the money. Greed I'd call it.
Yeah he didn't cause Mayweather is as good as any boxer you can think of.

Did he fight for the money? Of course!! But listen - Conor McGregor gave a good account of himself!

Paxi

He's a UFC champ isn't he? He knows bigger dangers than what boxing offers.
From what I know there has been more serious injuries/deaths in boxing than in UFC in the last few years.

Eire Red United

From what I know there has been more serious injuries/deaths in boxing than in UFC in the last few years.
Not too sure, I know a fella died in Dublin at the MMA there last year, can't remember the story but I think it happened in front of McGregor.

amolbhatia50k

Alright, but I doubt UFC fighters used to that brutal shit would be scared of a fight against a boxer. Especially a defensive boxer. I mean, seriously, what's the bravery in this exactly? Getting filthy rich for a fighting a boxer when you're already used to professional fighting. No brainer.

Paxi

Not too sure, I know a fella died in Dublin at the MMA there last year, can't remember the story but I think it happened in front of McGregor.
Kovalev beat someone death. Chris Eubank put a professional into a coma. Boxing is dangerous.

Paxi

Hold on a second... I thought the MMA heads here said their sport was where the real fighting and violence is?
There's many, many more boxers than MMA competitors.
Alright, but I doubt UFC fighters used to that brutal shit would be scared of a fight against a boxer. Especially a defensive boxer. I mean, seriously, what's the bravery in this exactly? Getting filthy rich for a fighting a boxer when you're already used to professional fighting. No brainer.
It's not a dick measuring contest. MMA and Boxing are equally unique. This thread is about McGreggor, who went 9 rounds against Mayweather, who's one of the best boxers ever. He deserves a thread.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
There's enough McGregor appreciation on the caf so I'm glad it has its own thread now.

He's a tough cookie with a big mouth that has earnt him enough money to live like a king. Fair play.

amolbhatia50k

It's not a dick measuring contest. MMA and Boxing are equally unique. This thread is about McGreggor, who went 9 rounds against Mayweather, who's one of the best boxers ever. He deserves a thread.
I'm not saying one is bigger than the other. You said he was brave to step into the ring with Floyd. It isn't particularly brave of a UFC fighter who is anyway friggin tough merely by that being his job, to fight a boxer and get filthy rich in the process. Especially given as from the distance UFC seems to be even more brutal a sport and Mayweather is quite defensive and not quite the frightening prospect someone like Tyson would be.

Him being praised for going 9 rounds is another thing altogether.

prateik

Didn't embarrass himself.
Him winning wouldve been a massive upset, but it was never on. Mayweather wouldnt risk his perfect record unless he expected this to be easy.

Mayweather was in control, but I do have some respect for Conor. Did brilliantly for someone who is not a boxer..

All that said, this was never a match. Shouldnt have been.

Green_Red

I never thought he'd win, I would have liked to see it but fair play, he has a big set of brass Irish balls.

Not many would have talked this fight into existence.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
No respect for his performance but he managed to put the fight together and got the pay day of his life and he obviously tried so fair play to the guy, he made the most of what he had and is now set for life.

The boxing authorities should hang their heads though.

Giggs86

Appreciation?

The guy should've taken the mic and apologized for all the cheap trash talk and self hyping he's been doing in the last couple of months because he fell embarrassingly short of what's he's been selling.

Paxi

I'm not saying one is bigger than the other. You said he was brave to step into the ring with Floyd. It isn't particularly brave of a UFC fighter who is anyway friggin tough merely by that being his job, to fight a boxer and get filthy rich in the process. Especially given as from the distance UFC seems to be even more brutal a sport and Mayweather is quite defensive and not quite the frightening prospect someone like Tyson would be.

Him being praised for going 9 rounds is another thing altogether.
I respect your opinion but I think guys like Conor want to win all the time, regardless if they're in the ring or in the octagon.

Also, without goin off too much, Tyson took his fare share of beatings, unlike Mayweather.