Conor McGregor thread.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
After watching his last few fights I think Conor's best weight is in the LW division where he can weigh in at 155 and rehydrate back to 170. That means Tony Ferguson, Khabib, and Kevin Lee would seem like logical opponents next - although apparently Dana wants him to fight Nate on NYE.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
People saying that Mayweather had him since round 2 etc..That he was choosing when to end the fight... ...Obviously haven't been watching Mayweather in the last 10 years or so. He hardly ever takes his opponents out, he just wears them down to a little stump.

Mayweather is different class, and that's the point! An MMA fighter with shite cardio went 9 rounds with him. If that can't be applauded then what can?

Paxi

After watching his last few fights I think Conor's best weight is in the LW division where he can weigh in at 155 and rehydrate back to 170. That means Tony Ferguson, Khabib, and Kevin Lee would seem like logical opponents next - although apparently Dana wants him to fight Nate on NYE.
I think he beats them all quite easily provided he doesn't end on the ground, especially against Khabib.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think he beats them all quite easily provided he doesn't end on the ground, especially against Khabib.
Each of them are tricky in a different way, although Conor would obviously have the advantage if he can somehow keep things standing up.

Paxi

I can promise you that I would have the same "warrior mentality" if I was offered $60-100m.
That's such bullshit comment. If you got into the ring with a professional fighter for 9 rounds you'd likely end up with brain damage.

Paxi

Each of them are tricky in a different way, although Conor would obviously have the advantage if he can somehow keep things standing up.
Is Ortega in Conor's weight? Think he's absolutely class who'd present a great threat.

The Bloody-Nine

People saying that Mayweather had him since round 2 etc..That he was choosing when to end the fight... ...Obviously haven't been watching Mayweather in the last 10 years or so. He hardly ever takes his opponents out, he just wears them down to a little stump.

Mayweather is different class, and that's the point! An MMA fighter with shite cardio went 9 rounds with him. If that can't be applauded then what can?
Mayweather carried him, he barely threw a punch for the first three rounds. The fight was a glorified exhibition.

You'd think he went 9 rounds with prime Tyson the way you are carrying on.

JP77

Kevin Lee is the only one I'd have him as the favourite against. Ferguson is a gritty dog fighter that would go to war with him, the idea he'd easily be beaten is ridiculous. Khabib would all come down to the wrestling. McGregor struggled against an out of shape Mendes, a stronger and in shape Khabib is a potential nightmare for him, it'd all come down to whether McGregor could keep it standing where he clearly has the advantage.

Paxi

Mayweather carried him, he barely threw a punch for the first three rounds. The fight was a glorified exhibition.

You'd think he went 9 rounds with prime Tyson the way you are carrying on.
That was exactly Mayweather's plan. You think his team didn't know that Conor was going to go balls out in the first few rounds to try to get lucky and knock Mayweather out.

It's typical Mayweather. He's a genius at following instructions and being probably the best counter puncher ever. Of course he was always going to ride the few rounds out.

Paxi

Kevin Lee is the only one I'd have him as the favourite against. Ferguson is a gritty dog fighter that would go to war with him, the idea he'd easily be beaten is ridiculous. Khabib would all come down to the wrestling. McGregor struggled against an out of shape Mendes, a stronger and in shape Khabib is a potential nightmare for him, it'd all come down to whether McGregor could keep it standing where he clearly has the advantage.

Khabib would just fecking rugby tackle him from the get go. No way he fights him standing up. Also, I'll have to retract my statement about other fighters.
Only really know about Khabib.

The Bloody-Nine

That was exactly Mayweather's plan. You think his team didn't know that Conor was going to go balls out in the first few rounds to try to get lucky and knock Mayweather out.

It's typical Mayweather. He's a genius at following instructions and being probably the best counter puncher ever. Of course he was always going to ride the few rounds out.
Following instructions? He does what he wants in there and generally totally ignores his corner's advice.

Paxi

Following instructions? He does what he wants in there and generally totally ignores his corner's advice.
What? That's bollox. If you want to see a perfect example of Mayweather following instructions go and watch Mayweather - Hatton!

Paxi

@MaxiPaxi reminds me of that guy who was crazy about shinji kagawa
Not even. I actually wanted Mayweather to beat him into the ground. I love boxing as a whole but I just thought that McGregor would have been embarrassed big time. He wasn't, hence the thread.

The Bloody-Nine

Not even. I actually wanted Mayweather to beat him into the ground. I love boxing as a whole but I just thought that McGregor would have been embarrassed big time. He wasn't, hence the thread.
A 40 year old who has been retired for 2 years stopped him without breaking sweat. That's embarrassing.

Paxi

A 40 year old who has been retired for 2 years stopped him without breaking sweat. That's embarrassing.

Klitchko who fought Joshua is over 40. Andre Ward didn't fight for ages before he fought Kovalev.

Paxi

He's in Conor's old FW division. He's a good jiu-jitsu practioner but isn't good enough to be elite (yet).
I seen his last fight, after his injury - his jiu jistu is fecking unbelievable.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
You are taking this too seriously. The fight was just a tv show following a script. Nothing unexpected happened. Floyd made it look entertaining and that's it.

Paxi

What has that got to do with anything?

Klit lost and Ward isn't 40.
Point being is that Ward beat Kovalev in two bouts whilst being out of the ring. Klitchko nearly fecking ended a 27 year old. In fact he looked in a better condition than Joshua so saying that Mayweather is 40 and 'retired' is a shite excuse.

Paxi

You are taking this too seriously. The fight was just a tv show following a script. Nothing unexpected happened. Floyd made it look entertaining and that's it.
I think a lot of people took it seriously. If McGregor won, boxing would be unfairly scrutinised.

The Bloody-Nine

Point being is that Ward beat Kovalev in two bouts whilst being out the ring. Klitchko nearly fecking ended a 27 year old. In fact he looked in a better condition than Joshua so saying that Mayweather is 40 and 'retired' is a shite excuse.
Excuse? He won easily with his first legit stoppage in a decade. :lol:

Paxi

Excuse? He won easily with his first legit stoppage in a decade. :lol:
Read what I've said through this thread. I'm impressed with McGregor going against one of the best boxers ever. What have you got against that?

The Bloody-Nine

Read what I've said through this thread. I'm impressed with McGregor going against one of the best boxers ever. What have you got against that?
I think this thread is embarrassing and a little weird, frankly. You're impressed because a guy got in the ring with Mayweather for a speculated $100 million? I would do that tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll leave it here.

Manny

Grammar Police
Seriously, a McGregor appreciation thread now?

I thought that was what the MMA thread was being used for.

Paxi

I think this thread is embarrassing and a little weird, frankly. You're impressed because a guy got in the ring with Mayweather for a speculated $100 million? I would do that tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll leave it here.
Again that's a fecking stupid comment. Every time someone gets into a ring/octagon - they're risking their lives.

I wouldn't get into a ring with McGregor or Mayweather for X amount of money, cause, you know you can't buy back your fecking head.

The Bloody-Nine

Again that's a fecking stupid comment. Every time someone gets into a ring/octagon - they're risking their lives.

I wouldn't get into a ring with McGregor or Mayweather for X amount of money, cause, you know you can't buy back your fecking head.
I would do it tomorrow.

Paxi

I know right... predominantly an Irish forum who are proud of their countryman. How pathetic.

Classical Mechanic

Point being is that Ward beat Kovalev in two bouts whilst being out of the ring. Klitchko nearly fecking ended a 27 year old. In fact he looked in a better condition than Joshua so saying that Mayweather is 40 and 'retired' is a shite excuse.
I don't think any fighter is in better condition than AJ. Floyd had the highest amount of body fat I have seen him with. He also looked slower than he ever has, which you would expect at 40.

Paxi

I don't think any fighter is in better condition than AJ. Floyd had the highest amount of body fat I have seen him with. He also looked slower than he ever has, which you would expect at 40.
Thought AJ was carrying too much weight to be honest.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land

in a forum full of cricket draft threads (page two is nearly full of them) I think this thread or topic would be well down the list when it comes to if it should stand on it's own or merged with another.

Go to bed & get a good nights sleep for yourself, you're clearly tired and getting cranky now.

Paxi

In muscle?
Yeah. I thought he could have been a bit leaner. Maybe he wouldn't have punched himself out in the middle of the fight. Doesn't really matter now as he did spectacularly well to win the fight in the end.