Conor McGregor thread.

RedRevongge

Let’s not put his success down to his brains. He’s an elite fighter with Irish banter, if he didn’t have smart people around him he’d have gone nowhere.
I think he is a smart guy. Sure he can talk and fight but in terms of marketing he is amazing.

He always stays in the spotlight and know how to make the most of his brand. Maybe he isn't academically smart but he is clever in terms of business savvy

Deleted member 101472

I think he is a smart guy. Sure he can talk and fight but in terms of marketing he is amazing.

He always stays in the spotlight and know how to make the most of his brand. Maybe he isn't academically smart but he is clever in terms of business savvy
That’s not him, that’s the business savvy marketing gurus around him.

Mike Tyson had zero business savvy but was more relevant and talked ahout than mcgregor ever could be. Give his book a read if you get the chance, there’s probably a fair few similarities with how they are both exploited to a certain extent, but when that $ is rolling in it goes unnoticed.

RedRevongge

That’s not him, that’s the business savvy marketing gurus around him.

Mike Tyson had zero business savvy but was more relevant and talked ahout than mcgregor ever could be. Give his book a read if you get the chance, there’s probably a fair few similarities with how they are both exploited to a certain extent, but when that $ is rolling in it goes unnoticed.
I'm not so sure. If it's the people around him any good fighter who can talk would be in the same situation

Conor has something about him. He knows how to deal with the behind the scenes business stuff. Of course he had management to help but he know how to make the most of himself too.

Deleted member 101472

I'm not so sure. If it's the people around him any good fighter who can talk would be in the same situation

Conor has something about him. He knows how to deal with the behind the scenes business stuff. Of course he had management to help but he know how to make the most of himself too.
I think a lot of that is just his brashness. He’s obviously made some decisions that have caused him to come across as a dickhead but he’s undeniably got some brilliant banter, people want to listen to that kinda thing especially when he’s backing it up in the ring. But as cool as it would be, it’s pretty unlikely that a pro fighter with a background as an apprentice plumber/electrician (forgot which one) has much of a grasp on the business/marketing world. He’s probably just realized that the masses buy into that shit, he doesn’t really need to do anything other than be himself.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
"Maybe he isn't academically smart" is a great understatement.

TheReligion

Abusive
Think he's done now in the UFC. He will be stripped of his other title and won't fight under the brand again.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Disgraceful person, as much as I admire his ability and talent he has really shown his true colours

The guy has no class at all and runs his mouth like he owns every place he walks into

I get being like that at press conferences to hype yourself up and sell yourself for the fight and to promote

He's nothing but a scumbag with money

Think he's done now in the UFC. He will be stripped of his other title and won't fight under the brand again.
Very much doubt that
He’ll be back. Don’t tell me you don’t want to see Conor v Khabib now? Don’t tell me that the UFC don’t want to put that fight on. Of course they do, will make them all a shit ton of money

GBBQ

He's just made UFC front page news again. He's deplorable but UFC will cash in on the drama and eventually there will be a super fight.

poleglass red

He's just made UFC front page news again. He's deplorable but UFC will cash in on the drama and eventually there will be a super fight.
exactly, the UFC have to show disgust now and rightly so, but they are rubbing their hands with glee right now behind the scenes. Remember this organisation just announced with pride that Brock Lesnar is coming back, they will do all they can to work Jon Jones back into the company again. This company has no values when it comes to morals.Too much money to be made. Things will die down a bit, McGregor makes a public apology, and then it's set up for the biggest fight in UFC in a long time. I'm not sure what's going on right now, but it was only a few months ago McGregor had a death warrant supposedly issued for him by a drug gang in Ireland, that story fairly died away quickly didn't it. This one will eventually to. He may acknowledge he has been drinking or taking drugs, promise to sort himself out, the usual. Prodigal son returns, comeback story, rinse and repeat.

GeorgieBoy

Clearly Conor has taken it too far this time and shown himself up for what he really is. But people thinking that he's done in the UFC couldn't be more wrong. Compared to Tyson's rape case and Floyd's domestic abuse stuff this is a minor incident. The aformentioned fighters went onto fight big PPV fights again; as will Conor. Depressing really but where there's money to be made...

dellboyy

This reeks of a stunt he's been put up to going too far. Agree with what's been said, i'm a fan of him as a fighter, but he's a dick who should be banned. Of course he won't because with him comes big piles of cash for UFC, who again as mentioned have shown money comes before morals.

Oldyella

This was cleared staged
No chance, 3 fights cancelled and criminal charges? They wouldn't try this shit in New York anyway given the money they have spent trying to get licenced here.

Oggmonster

I honestly don't know how people think this is staged. If there was something in the Octagon/a press conference maybe that's staged but there's no way this is.

3 fights are off
MacLife press credentials have gone cos of it
He's injured 2 fighters and a UFC employee
He's still being held by police
Dana was fuming last night

There's no way it was set up, I don't think anyone knew it was happening. I think the UFC knew he was coming over but they definitely didn't want this to happen.

lsd

The Oracle
It's ufc one small step from wwe, of course it's staged

Bwuk

Can't say I've ever liked McGregor, or the fan boys that surround him.

Absolute clown of a person.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
This was cleared staged
100% it is.
Tool. But wouldn't surprise me if this is orchestrated in some way.
Are you guys braindead?

Like Dana would risk his whole legacy if something ever came out that it was orchestrated. The UFC can lose way more than it would win with a stunt like this.

What it is is McGregor fanboys trying to give this a spin for him not to look like the idiot he is. Nothing else.

JohnLocke

The man's a grade A asshole, always has been imo, but since he got 100m in the bank he's taken it to new levels.

Slapped a referee at Bellator not so long ago. Was in court for something, speeding I think, but heard he was a top class knob when being sentenced (my details may be sketchy on this one). Punched a fella in a bar in Ireland. Wrecks a bus and injures two fighters.

Stay classy!

vangagal

What a tool human being like McGregor do can made his fanboys still believe this accident is 100% staged? Unbelieveable. In fact, how can a sane person fanboying a person like McGregor still absolutely mental to me.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Do people who think it's staged have any arguments against all the negative consequences of his actions?

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Do people who think it's staged have any arguments against all the negative consequences of his actions?
They don't believe it's staged. You have to be a very special kind of special to believe that. They are just trying to damage control the image he has after each one of his stunts.