Conor McGregor thread.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Same as the December one he had nothing to do with
Is the December one the one that has been referred to the DPP? The one The New York Times reported he was involved in, citing four different sources involved in the investigation? Or are you on about a third incident?

Because if you're on about the same incident then I'd love to know where you're sourcing that he wasn't involved.

Last edited:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
From what I read, that incident from December still isn't cleared, nor it is sure there won't be any charges. Last time I read about it was like 2 months ago, so don't know if anything changed.

Last edited:

Withnail

Is the December one the one that has been referred to the DPP? The one The New York Times reported he was involved in, citing four different sources involved in the investigation? Or are you on about a third incident?

Because if you're on about the same incident then I'd love to know where you're sourcing that he wasn't involved.
The December one is still with the DPP and the Irish Times say it's the same sportsman who is implicated in this fresh allegation. He was also in court last week for the assault in the pub.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...assaulting-woman-outside-dublin-pub-1.4049196

No smoke without fire. The man's an absolute scumbag.

lsd

The Oracle
I obviously have no idea about what happened but it seems odd to me that people dismiss these things so easily, based solely, it seems, on who they are.

He is a scumbag no doubt but from what i heard his only involvement in the december case was he was at the same hotel

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Conor should just retire and do something else for a living. He has plenty of money and doesnt need to fight.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If anything he should focus on fighting, it may reduce the amount of shenanigans he does outside of the octagon.

Nico87

Don’t know how to embed tweets but khabib has just called Connor a rapist, not sure if this is shenanigans for a future fight.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Don’t know how to embed tweets but khabib has just called Connor a rapist, not sure if this is shenanigans for a future fight.
Just post the link to the tweet. I would but the wifi is shite on this ferry.

Nico87

Edited:Somebody did it below, as mine just shown as a hot-link when I attempted.

Translation as Follows.
Connor McGregor: See you in Moscow, pussy
Khabib: In Moscow, rapists are not expected

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Worth reading the tweet thread.

Last edited:

Bwuk

Can't stand him, nor his fan base.

Would love Khabib to maul him again.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I’ve heard worse rumors from Guards here in Dublin, but for the sake of fairness it should be noted that most of the sources used in that thread are shite.

2cents

Scout
By the way I wonder if we should be discussing this at all on here, I know that discussion of that case is strictly forbidden on boards.ie and this being another Irish-based forum?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
By the way I wonder if we should be discussing this at all on here, I know that discussion of that case is strictly forbidden on boards.ie and this being another Irish-based forum?
Why? It’s been reported in reputed media. Though happy to be advised by @Raoul or @Niall

2cents

Scout
Why? It’s been reported in reputed media
His name hasn’t been reported in Irish media for legal reasons. For the same reason boards.ie, the biggest Ireland-based online forum, have banned discussion of the case, or at least any mention of his name in relation to it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
News Conor under criminal investigation in Russia.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/conor-under-criminal-investigation-in-russia-here-we-go.4035833/

"Assalam aleikum, respected Dagestanis. In relation to the scandalous statements of Irish MMA fighter Conor McGregor in regards to Khabib Nurmagomedov and all Dagestanis, I received many comments on social media with complaints regarding politicians of State Duma of Russian Federation who represent Republic of Dagestan and about their lack of reaction to these severe violations of all thinkable and unthinkable norms of behaviour in a civilised society.

I want to reassure you, that not me, nor my colleagues will not allow these sort of assurances, that insult honour and self worth of all Dagestanis. In this case we wrote a request for the General Attorney of Russian Federation Yury Chaika that was signed by my colleagues from Dagestan to investigate if statements of Conor McGregor violate Russian laws and on the admissibility of such statements appearing on Russian state television. I also asked him to repport back on the actions taken to prevent such actions, that insult honour and self worth of the citizens of Russian Federation."

Buvaisar Saitiev, Russian politician, member of the State Duma (Russian Parliament) and a former 3 time Olympic gold medalist wrestler,

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Conor is a tit but surely “insulting honour” of a region should not be considered a crime. I can see why one allows an individual to sue for libel/slander/defamation but this is pathetic.
you are saying UK values should be applied everywhere in the world and other places aren't allowed to have their own values, rules and laws? Is that what you are saying?

Charlie Foley

you are saying UK values should be applied everywhere in the world and other places aren't allowed to have their own values, rules and laws? Is that what you are saying?
Ok twitchy :lol: I love when people create and opposing statement so they can argue against that. It’s really cute. I’m not from the UK so no. Again though, cute speech.
Since you want to create my points for me I’m probably wasting my time answering but yes I am of the opinion that honour cultures are regressive and not beneficial. I live in the US now and I don’t have much regard for the ‘culture of honour’ in the southern states either. I am aware these ways of life exist and I’m not about to go on an ideological crusade to rid the world of them because life is too short for that and that’s not for me to do(it would be illogical to try and reach a uniform end goal anyway since a multitude of factors affect starting points) but the sexy thing about my free speech is I can say I can think something is a crock of shit or if I’m glad I don’t live there. There are enough studies that show a propensity for violence, retributivism etc

Given how fragile and thin-skinned people get about said honour cultures I reckon I’m happier not to have been raised in one. I’m sure others are happier they have been and good for them, let’s all be happy, that’s just not for me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Ok twitchy :lol: I love when people create and opposing statement so they can argue against that. It’s really cute. I’m not from the UK so no. Again though, cute speech.
Since you want to create my points for me I’m probably wasting my time answering but yes I am of the opinion that honour cultures are regressive and not beneficial. I live in the US now and I don’t have much regard for the ‘culture of honour’ in the southern states either. I am aware these ways of life exist and I’m not about to go on an ideological crusade to rid the world of them because life is too short for that and that’s not for me to do(it would be illogical to try and reach a uniform end goal anyway since a multitude of factors affect starting points) but the sexy thing about my free speech is I can say I can think something is a crock of shit or if I’m glad I don’t live there. There are enough studies that show a propensity for violence, retributivism etc

Given how fragile and thin-skinned people get about said honour cultures I reckon I’m happier not to have been raised in one. I’m sure others are happier they have been and good for them, let’s all be happy, that’s just not for me.
As I said you’re welcome to practice your laws in your country. Just don’t assume they are right in other places.

Though I’m also conscious that explaining that to certain Americans is pointless. And let’s not even start on how US values have decimated life on this the planet in so many ways.

Anyways you have your point, I have mine, let’s not derail this thread which is about Conor Love or Conar bashing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'm Irish myself. The other posted reckoned the caf was Irish-based and we shouldn't be discussing the alleged events as per boards.ie
What do you think of your countryman McGregor? Do you believe the ‘alleged rumours’?

What does majority in the republic think now?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm Irish myself. The other posted reckoned the caf was Irish-based and we shouldn't be discussing the alleged events as per boards.ie
Ah sorry, I jumped the gun. I never miss an opportunity to call the Scottish cnuts, even though I include myself in both of those categories.