Conservative MP David Amess stabbed to death

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Its not abusive to call these people fascists.

You have to admire his growth, it's only a few years ago that he discovered that the UK are on Islands. Now he is devising mechanisms.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
The news about Southend being given City status 'in his honour' pissed me off. Its one thing to put up statues or give posthumous awards or something, but changing things that effect the country just feels extremely high handed. I know city status doesn't mean a lot, but apparently no government in the last 34 years he was campaigning for it thought the people of Southend deserved it. Now just 3 days after a tragic event its just arbitrarily assigned.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
It pisseth me off mightily I'm afraid that Johnson is being urged to bring in laws not allowing anonymity on social media, that Priti is looking urgently at how vulnerable MPs are and how to protect them, that a nice man, albeit a possible homophobe is the excuse to make a shithole like Southend a city. Oh maybe it's all necessary but so far this year 25 teenagers have been stabbed or shot to death - murdered in London alone, God knows what the figures are Nationally and no-one in Government or the opposition give a feck far less two but are moved to urgency and floods of tears over David Amess. Apologies if it is still too soon.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It pisseth me off mightily I'm afraid that Johnson is being urged to bring in laws not allowing anonymity on social media, that Priti is looking urgently at how vulnerable MPs are and how to protect them, that a nice man, albeit a possible homophobe is the excuse to make a shithole like Southend a city. Oh maybe it's all necessary but so far this year 25 teenagers have been stabbed or shot to death - murdered in London alone, God knows what the figures are Nationally and no-one in Government or the opposition give a feck far less two but are moved to urgency and floods of tears over David Amess. Apologies if it is still too soon.
Could not agree more.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yeah, am I missing something here but what the hell does this have to do with anything?

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, am I missing something here but what the hell does this have to do with anything?
Lots of hate messages to MPs particularly, apparently. We must not be insulting them, a return also to civility in Parliament.

The likes of Angela must not be calling lying, corrupt scumbags, scum. As someone said here they should debate with the people who ignore the questions they want to, lie over the questions they cannot ignore and give their pals contracts to ferry goods even if they have no ferries.

I'm paraphrasing but there is no intention of debating by the Government led by this Prime Minister. At all.

Fingeredmouse

Bravo Sir.

DavidDeSchmikes

the speed in which we've gone from a horrific murder of an MP to "well social anonymity is the reason for it"

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
the speed in which we've gone from a horrific murder of an MP to "well social anonymity is the reason for it"

Nearly face-palmed through to back of my fecking skull. As long as your MP was just following orders from the whips office that's fine according to Moderate Dave.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
fully agree with you re: the laws on anonymity on social media. what an opportunistic grab by a shambles of a government

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
fully agree with you re: the laws on anonymity on social media. what an opportunistic grab by a shambles of a government
Yeah, I think we're getting used to the idea that the current govt. will opportunistically grab anything that suits to divert attention or aid their goals but what fecks me right off at the moment is the number of children being killed and the number of family lives ruined plus the waste of life in prison for other teens.

Simbo

To be fair, I agree with restricting anonymity on social media somewhat, I just don't trust what the Tories could so with such laws.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Agreed

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yeah, I think we're getting used to the idea that the current govt. will opportunistically grab anything that suits to divert attention or aid their goals but what fecks me right off at the moment is the number of children being killed and the number of family lives ruined plus the waste of life in prison for other teens.
Agree.

Needham

To be fair, I agree with restricting anonymity on social media somewhat, I just don't trust what the Tories could so with such laws.
Yeah. Surveil more and more and more. Know everything by everyone. Create yourself a job into the bargain. Knock yourself out

Dan_F

If an MP's voting record doesn't give an insight into their views, what does?
Not that I have any doubts that your average Tory MP would vote against basic equal rights, but let’s not pretend the majority of MP’s don’t just vote with their party for their own political gain.

Even the origins of the term whip (according to Google, I’m not that smart) tell you all you need to know about how archaic the system is.

AFC NimbleThumb

Spot on.

dal

Agreed fully, I simply cannot stand Priti Patel.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
So did it end up being a terrorist attack?