Conte | Spurs Manager

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Conte is angry at the club's hierarchy because:
-they didn't throw their weight around when it came to scheduling
-didn't shield him and the players from external criticism
-didn't shield him and the players from the press in general(an example, just this week Brozovic made the news for acting like a right cnut in a ER)
-seemingly didn't show appropriate appreciation and support for what they were doing(he kept going on about not wanting people to jump on the bandwagon now)

What's been inferred from it:
-seems to be unhappy about the working conditions, feels the club should do more to insulate the team and help give them the best conditions to work
-doesn't believe the club is ready to compete and might be holding him and the team back
-doesn't believe the club is on the same page as him, not serious enough about winning

el3mel

-didn't shield him and the players from the press in general(an example, just this week Brozovic made the news for acting like a right cnut in a ER)
-seemingly didn't show appropriate appreciation and support for what they were doing(he kept going on about not wanting people to jump on the bandwagon now)

-seems to be unhappy about the working conditions, feels the club should do more to insulate the team and help give them the best conditions to work
-doesn't believe the club is ready to compete and might be holding him and the team back
-doesn't believe the club is on the same page as him, not serious enough about winning
How can they shield him and players from criticism though? I haven't seen a board coming in public and defending the manager, makes for unneeded tension as if there's a big problem happening.

Criticism happens. Everyone criticize everything, it's logical to not pay attention to every single thing said about the team.

Amarsdd

Please, Conte, leave only after you've signed up Sanchez!

Jibbs

Somehow I think he can be a perfect United manager.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He sounds like a bellend who wants the perfect conditions to do well. He's not adaptable and that will feck his career up soon enough.

Can see Juve as the only club really taking him tbh. He'd be a train wreck at any other club.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s a great coach but now seems impossible to work with. He’s been way too impatient at Inter and the excuses we’re rolling from day one. If he leaves, his reputation will take a massive hit.

el3mel

He sounds like a bellend who wants the perfect conditions to do well. He's not adaptable and that will feck his career up soon enough.

Can see Juve as the only club really taking him tbh. He'd be a train wreck at any other club.
First time he left Juve midway in preseason because they refused to bring him the players he wanted during market, and they had to get Allegri. No way they're coming back to him.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I did have sympathy with him when Chelsea didn't strengthen much after the 2017 title win.
After the Chelsea title win, he sent that text to Costa and spent 260m buying players who largely were crap. Morata Drinkwater Bakayoko Barkley Rudiger Palmieri Zappacosta

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
First time he left Juve midway in preseason because they refused to bring him the players he wanted during market, and they had to get Allegri. No way they're coming back to him.
He made Juventus sign Morata and he walked away before even using him now Inter has signed Hakimi to be his RWB

CM10

It's a strange one, he's been given almost an entirely new team of players. Those quotes about Barella and Sensi give off proper Mourinho vibes too. Point of no return almost.

After the Chelsea title win, he sent that text to Costa and spent 260m buying players who largely were crap. Morata Drinkwater Bakayoko Barkley Rudiger Palmieri Zappacosta
That 2nd season at Chelsea was a disaster.

I can sort of understand why he froze Costa out because he almost left him in the lurch the previous January but you would think most smart managers would just look to get the player back on side in that situation. Costa was so important to that Chelsea team.

Bojan11

Did he?

@duffer who was in charge of transfers? Pretty sure Conte was moaning that he rarely gets the players he wants. I think that’s what kick started the whole issue. He didn’t seem to like Barkley at all.

SAFMUTD

Good manager but he's always bitching. Anyway it would be strange if he leaves since he's done a solid work and Inter have already bought Hakimi for him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What does he mean by 'no recognition or protection' ?

I'm sure he's being paid a lot, it's not like the board haven't backed him. Must be a fall out.
I reckon most people who work can relate to that. Sounds like they've been very cold with him and it's not creating a good working environment, which I imagine is quite paramount in the modern game.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Did he?

@duffer who was in charge of transfers? Pretty sure Conte was moaning that he rarely gets the players he wants. I think that’s what kick started the whole issue. He didn’t seem to like Barkley at all.
Chelsea coaches are not in charge of transfers. I doubt Conte even knew who Danny Drinkwater was.

They offer suggestions and some transfers are obviously the coaches picks (eg Jorginho for Sarri) but final say is not theirs.

With Lampard it's the same. He consults with Petr Cech and Marina Marina Granovskaia.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Somehow I think he can be a perfect United manager.
Yeah what can go wrong with manager who fell out with last 3 clubs and also with few key players at Chelsea.

Falcow

I think the only way for Inter to resolve this issue and placate Conte is to immediately spend 20m on Sanchez.

As someone else has said earlier in this thread, hopefully he ends up somewhere else where he can buy the remaining players we need to sell.

Pep's Suit

He seems ridiculously narcissistic, egoistic, self-centered or whatever you call it. Top10 manager in the world but seems impossible for him to stay in one place for more than one or two years. Anyway... Barca should take him.

Pep's Suit

Meh, I think it makes him look like a joke, but it could just be the wind messing it up in that photo. But as long as he's happy
Choosing between being bald or having decent / good hair is like choosing between being short or tall.

Pep's Suit

So simply another case of people in pro sports / football acting like man-childs, basically kids in adult bodies. OK, cool.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He seems just as descructive as Mourinho.

I think he's just a bit too crazy for management. He can manage a season OK but then implodes.

georgipep

How can they shield him and players from criticism though? I haven't seen a board coming in public and defending the manager, makes for unneeded tension as if there's a big problem happening.

Criticism happens. Everyone criticize everything, it's logical to not pay attention to every single thing said about the team.
Most big media would leak stuff to their club sources before going public. The clubs can then "ask for favours" or pressure them into killing/delaying/reducing the severity of the stories. Happens all the time in sports, business and especially politics.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He has fallen out with his employers at Bari, Juve, Chelsea and now Inter. That's not a good track record, despite his success at those clubs, and he could well be torching his own career.

If Allegri does succeed him at Inter, he will be aiming to win the Scudetto with the third of Italy's big 3 after doing likewise at Milan and Juve (over and over again). How many other managers have taken charge at Juve, Milan and Inter during their careers? The only one I can think of is Alberto Zaccheroni, although he only managed both Inter and Juve for half a season each.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Can someone from Italy tell us how much of these accusations are fair and how much is Conte acting like a spoiled child? With just a few unverified tweets this seems impossible to judge.

He has fallen out with his employers at Bari, Juve, Chelsea and now Inter. That's not a good track record, despite his success at those clubs, and he could well be torching his own career.

If Allegri does succeed him at Inter, he will be aiming to win the Scudetto with the third of Italy's big 3 after doing likewise at Milan and Juve (over and over again). How many other managers have taken charge at Juve, Milan and Inter during their careers? The only one I can think of is Alberto Zaccheroni, although he only managed both Inter and Juve for half a season each.
Trappatoni has coached the whole of Europe it feels like, he's probably on that list. But seriously: at the moment it seems like everyone agrees that Inter can take the title at least once in the next one or two seasons, while Juventus have to rebuild. Being the guy that broke their dominance could be a historic achievement, I'm surprised that Conte seemingly just wants to throw that chance away and probably severely damage his career in the process.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Trappatoni has coached the whole of Europe it feels like, he's probably on that list. But seriously: at the moment it seems like everyone agrees that Inter can take the title at least once in the next one or two seasons, while Juventus have to rebuild. Being the guy that broke their dominance could be a historic achievement, I'm surprised that Conte seemingly just wants to throw that chance away and probably severely damage his career in the process.
Oh yes as a manager Trapattoni went from Milan (where he had a very successfully playing career) to Juve to Inter and then back to Juve again.

I agree that Inter looked poised to finally topple Juve either within the next couple of seasons, and are no longer handicapped by FPP, but Conte does a destructive tendency.

Cloud7

Well that’s unexpected. This whole situation seems a bit primadonna and childish to me.

As a side note, they may have a new manager coming into a team with Lukaku, Alexis Sanchez and Ashley Young. Where does that sound familiar:lol:

As I’ve laid it out like that, perhaps the time is right for José to go back to Inter, now that a few of his favorites are there.

cyberman

This is why Conte never gets funds right away and he has to fight for every penny from every club he joins.
They know hes not there for the long haul and cant commit millions if the next manager doesnt fancy the players.