Conte | Spurs Manager

Chief123

I don't get why people think they're a shoe-in for top four.
We’ve still got fans on here crying why we never got Conte. It’s like they just want to follow the Jamie Redknapp narrative of “he’s a winner”. It’s absolutely shite to watch.

JustAGuest

Conte obsessives. They're nothing special. Absolutely drab team to witness.
Looking like some of their fans are starting to turn on Conte. Wonder how much longer he lasts given he doesn't usually stay around that long. Results aside they haven't looked convincing this season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their football this season has be ugly. The worst part is you can't aspire anything more with Conte shit on a stick.

Robbie Boy

They haven't played well for a while now, and results were always going to catch up with their performances.

Yakuza_devils

Stone age negative football like we have been through with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole. I'm just so glad we have a modern manager in ETH now instead of Conte.

Sylar

Getting him would have caused this forum to go into meltdown
For some winning is all that matters but I hate going to games and seeing this type of football. Especially when you set up to play like that rather than forced into it

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s a world class manager.

The plan was to hit them on the counter, and they did get in behind a few times without threatening.

It wasn’t a red card and it basically ended the game as a contest there and then. Not sure if Spurs would have equalised with 11 men on the pitch but they would have gone for it in the final 10-15 mins.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Their football this season has be ugly. The worst part is you can't aspire anything more with Conte shit on a stick.
Take away the results and there's literally nothing enjoyable about them. Their whole setup stinks.

izec

The plan was to hit them on the counter, and they did get in behind a few times without threatening.

It wasn’t a red card and it basically ended the game as a contest there and then. Not sure if Spurs would have equalised with 11 men on the pitch but they would have gone for it in the final 10-15 mins.
He is not world class. Good to very good manager, but not at the top.

cyberman

Their plan is to always hit against the counter hence why they’re one of the worst in the league for shots against their own goal.
Jurassic park tactics. It’s not sustainable over the season

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Even if spurs finish above us this season, I will still be happy that we didn't sign Conte. The play negative and soul crushing football, irrespective of the strength of the opposition.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He is not world class. Good to very good manager, but not at the top.
He’s definitely world class.

Their plan is to always hit against the counter hence why they’re one of the worst in the league for shots against their own goal.
Jurassic park tactics. It’s not sustainable over the season
He’s only had two transfer windows so far. And a lot of what he bought in the summer was to improve the overall squad, not necessarily the first team, to last a long difficult World Cup season. The football is pragmatic this season but they finished last season with the most goals scored or something - that’s down to him.

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

He’s only had two transfer windows so far. And a lot of what he bought in the summer was to improve the overall squad, not necessarily the first team, to last a long difficult World Cup season. The football isn’t pragmatic this season but they finished last season with the most goals scored or something - that’s down to him.
A world class manager is not as shit as he has been in Europe.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
A world class manager is not as shit as he has been in Europe.
His performances in the league system for Inter, Chelsea, and Juventus have answered it all. I still think he's a world-class manager, but yeah, if he wants to be another level of manager, he must show his ability in European performances.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
His performances in the league system for Inter, Chelsea, and Juventus have answered it all. I still think he's a world-class manager, but yeah, if he wants to be another level of manager, he must show his ability in European performances.
- at Inter only won the title after they were out of Europe in December
- at Chelsea only won the title because he had 1 game per week - see Inter
- Juve dominance was more due to Milan, Inter being absolute shit in the early - mid 10s

cyberman

He’s only had two transfer windows so far. And a lot of what he bought in the summer was to improve the overall squad, not necessarily the first team, to last a long difficult World Cup season. The football isn’t pragmatic this season but they finished last season with the most goals scored or something - that’s down to him.
You can pragmatically score goals. The way they’re set up guaranteed that isn’t enough.
You can’t play their flat back 5 with poor ball progression through the middle in 2022 and not be overrun

crossy1686

career ending
You can't have a record like he has without being a world class manager. Don't be silly.
World class? His record in europe is terrible, especially when you look at his Juventus and Chelsea teams. Apart from that he’s won a couple of league titles at places you’d expect him to

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You certainly can have a record like that in UCL and be questioned.
You can question him of course, but I still feel that his record overall is excellent and he is a world class coach. If Conte is not world class then there can't be many world class coaches in world football.

crossy1686

career ending
You can question him of course, but I still feel that his record overall is excellent and he is a world class coach. If Conte is not world class then there can't be many world class coaches in world football.
Well that’s the point of world class, it’s a very marginal amount of coaches who fall into that bracket. Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti are the only ones who meet that criteria for me, the rest have a lot to prove to get into that bracket.

You can’t just keep throwing spurs coaches into the mix because they're the best You’ve seen in recent years.

Yakuza_devils

Conte is world class manager?
Hmm... I prefer Arteta's style of play all day who is not considered as world class manager.

Conte remind me of the darkest period as Man Utd fans with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole where I really did fell asleep countless time watching them play negative football.

crossy1686

career ending
Conte is world class manager?
Hmm... I prefer Arteta's style of play all day who is not considered as world class manager.

Conte remind me of the darkest period as Man Utd fans with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole where I really did fell asleep countless time watching them play negative football.
First it was Pochettino, then it was Mourinho, now it’s Conte. They’ve all been world class at one point at Spurs, which says a lot about the level of coaching and performances spurs fans have been used to.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
First it was Pochettino, then it was Mourinho, now it’s Conte. They’ve all been world class at one point at Spurs, which says a lot about the level of coaching and performances spurs fans have been used to.
I don't know where you are getting that from as the only world class (currently) manager we have ever had in my opinion is Conte - Jose was world class in the past but was far from it by the time he came to us and Poch for all I loved him was never a world class coach. Maybe other Spurs fans have said stuff like that but I'm pretty sure I haven't (que a detailed search of every post I have ever made here). Conte is the best coach we have had probably in my lifetime which as you say is a pretty damning indictment of the way our club has been run.

Guy Incognito

Even if spurs finish above us this season, I will still be happy that we didn't sign Conte. The play negative and soul crushing football, irrespective of the strength of the opposition.
They can be devestating on the counter and had Arsenal on the ropes by the end of the first half.

Their midfield is too easy to bypass. It can be a slog to watch Spurs up against a good compact side.

mu4c_20le

I mean, I'm sure he was different at Inter, but right now it's basically Ole ball with better full backs.

STYLOISRED

I mean, I'm sure he was different at Inter, but right now it's basically Ole ball with better full backs.
There is no way Royal gets into Ole's team over AWB. Shaw is better than any full back spurs have had since Trippier. So no, Conte's tactics is not Ole's tactics with better fullbacks. Its Ole's tactics with a worse midfield.
Edit. Ole finished 3rd in his first full season. Tottenham will be lucky to finish top four.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
A good team lost a game in the second half, fair and square after seeing a red, away at the in-form leaders’ place. Not an unpredictable outcome in football, right? Move on, regroup and prepare for the fundamental Frankfurt - Brighton - Frankfurt eight days spell.

Chief123

A couple of my mates who are spurs fans are despairing even before todays result. They can’t stand the football.

Dominos

I don't get why people think they're a shoe-in for top four.
I don't think that anyone is a shoe-in other than City. We'd have said Liverpool were before the season but they look dreadful.

The confidence is Spurs is based on the fact they were already a top 4 side and they improved in the summer and therefore there's a logical progression (even if not guaranteed), they have the 3rd most proven manager in the league who will now get a full season rather than half-season he did last year, they got their signings in before the season started and have been rewarded with a good start to the season. They also have a couple of proven elite players in Kane/Son that some other contenders don't have. The only caveat is they have to take European games more seriously this year.

Of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, United - I don't look at anyone's team realistically and think it's on another level to the rest of the contenders. However United and Chelsea were a bit lacklustre in their approach to the summer and therefore got off to worst starts than the others, and under new manager's they're a bit of an unknown quantity.

crossy1686

career ending
I don't know where you are getting that from as the only world class (currently) manager we have ever had in my opinion is Conte - Jose was world class in the past but was far from it by the time he came to us and Poch for all I loved him was never a world class coach. Maybe other Spurs fans have said stuff like that but I'm pretty sure I haven't (que a detailed search of every post I have ever made here). Conte is the best coach we have had probably in my lifetime which as you say is a pretty damning indictment of the way our club has been run.
That wasn’t aimed at you, more Tottenham fans over the years who have said stuff along those lines. I understand the excitement of a new coach and the promise of silverware but they really haven’t been world class, and I’m saying this as a United fan post Fergie. I agree that Conte is the best coach you’ve had but he isn’t world class, and he also won’t stick around long because coach’s that can win things don’t stay at teams that’s can’t.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
That wasn’t aimed at you, more Tottenham fans over the years who have said stuff along those lines. I understand the excitement of a new coach and the promise of silverware but they really haven’t been world class, and I’m saying this as a United fan post Fergie. I agree that Conte is the best coach you’ve had but he isn’t world class, and he also won’t stick around long because coach’s that can win things don’t stay at teams that’s can’t.
Mind, there is always a new stick to beat a donkey, if you really want to. I understand people over this forum are particularly eager to see him fail, but his failures will however be more than 99.9% managers out there will ever achieve. If that is not world class, I wonder what it is.

hart

Is he a finished dinosaur manager ?

0 european trophy
The last time he won EPL his team only play once a week ( no european games )
At Inter he recruit like 20 new players which proving that he doesnt improve player , just a chequebook manager outspending everyone only to win 1 serie A + 1 copa which i bet the other so called finished dinosaur manager would have at least deliver them UEL cup which he bottled at final.

He isn't world class , oh if you want to compare him with pep who is another chequebook manager , i don't think Pep is world class either , 0 ucl after over 1 billion pound spending , give the same amount of money to Manuel Pellegrini and Roberto Mancini they would have won multiple league titles just like Pep did with City, nothing special with it

Stone age negative football like we have been through with Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole. I'm just so glad we have a modern manager in ETH now instead of Conte.
To be fair Moyes football isn't half bad at West Ham , LVG played attractive possession football for Netherlands, and Jose's Roma currently has the highest XG in serie A

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
You can't have a record like he has without being a world class manager. Don't be silly.
Record like 0 CL semi appearance and major embarrassing results in Europe regularly

InfiniteBoredom

He’s actually Simeone’s twin brother, there were a few sequences in the first half when Spurs actually played their way out of Arsenal press very well, but for some reasons they resorted to sitting deep instead of keeping at that, and let Arsenal do whatever they want on the ball.

That style of football is actually the opposite of playing percentages. You are basically asking Son and Kane to execute perfectly every time in order to score goals, which they will inevitably come short sometimes.